I've been reading some of the Galicia threads on here, and am still not sure if there's a different option for getting to Porto when we are done in Galicia, other than driving back down to Vigo to take the train from Vigo to Porto?
Does anyone have experience with this?
We are planning on taking train from Madrid (since I'll be in Madrid already) to Vigo then renting car at Vigo and driving to Santiago de Compostela and using it as a base for 5 nights 4 days.
Our biggest interests are visiting Rias Albarino wineries (I can hook this up for us-but very happy to have more recommendations from anyone who's done this), doing outdoors/hiking, eating seafood and being in a town so we don't have to drive home after dinner and wine. I've found some good listings on Flipkey for Santiago but if anyone has stayed in an awesome place (cottage or house or 2 bedroom apartment is preferred as I'm traveling with a guy friend and we need separate rooms) I'd love recommendations!
this area is so much less accessible online, which I love, so it leads me to believe there are a lot of things I can' t find out, unless from other travelers.
I'm really excited to explore this unique area of Spain!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?