I've been reading some of the Galicia threads on here, and am still not sure if there's a different option for getting to Porto when we are done in Galicia, other than driving back down to Vigo to take the train from Vigo to Porto?
Does anyone have experience with this?
We are planning on taking train from Madrid (since I'll be in Madrid already) to Vigo then renting car at Vigo and driving to Santiago de Compostela and using it as a base for 5 nights 4 days.
Our biggest interests are visiting Rias Albarino wineries (I can hook this up for us-but very happy to have more recommendations from anyone who's done this), doing outdoors/hiking, eating seafood and being in a town so we don't have to drive home after dinner and wine. I've found some good listings on Flipkey for Santiago but if anyone has stayed in an awesome place (cottage or house or 2 bedroom apartment is preferred as I'm traveling with a guy friend and we need separate rooms) I'd love recommendations!
this area is so much less accessible online, which I love, so it leads me to believe there are a lot of things I can' t find out, unless from other travelers.
I'm really excited to explore this unique area of Spain!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 magnified mirror
- 12 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 13 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 14 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 15 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 16 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 21 italy Cinque Terre
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 24 Can parking
- 25 Venice to Zermatt by Train