My family and I will be traveling to UK for 3 weeks, first couple of days in Edinburgh then we were thinking of Wales and last 12 days in London (with day trips from there to Cambridge and Oxford..).
We have never been to Wales before so I was hoping you could help wight he itinerary. We'll be going by rail from Edinburgh to Wales and we're looking for scenery different than Edinburgh and London. We're interested in the beach, water sports, castles and maybe day trips from there. My parents aren't into hiking so shorter walks might be ok. Everything must be easily done by rail or coach. I was looking into some places near the beach in LLandudno but the hotels were pretty far from the beach. There was also Snowdonia which looked interesting for a day tour if possible.
Please let me know your ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 One night in the Dolomites
- 6 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 7 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 8 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 9 Airport Transit Visa
- 10 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 11 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 12 Where in Greece
- 13 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 14 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 15 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 16 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 17 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 18 Vatican tour
- 19 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 20 Day in Capri
- 21 alcazar question and seville advice
- 22 TSA Precheck
- 23 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 24 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 25 First visit to London