Holiday is approaching fast (15 of May), time to get serious with itineraries. Will be in Madrid from 16 till 21 of May, open to any suggestions of how we can spend our time there better!
Day 1. Sat, 16 May (half day, plane will land 1:45 PM)
- arrive to our apartment (Erik Vokel Atocha) ~4 PM
- shower, get some groceries from supermarket around the corner, buy local sim from Phone House
- Reina Sofia is free 7-9 PM (5 min walk from apartment)
- not much else on this day as will be jet lagged etc. (flying from Australia)
Day 2. Sun, 17 May
- El Rastro market (go early!) - not 100% if worth our time?
- Cava Baja street for tapas lunch?
- Retiro park
- Prada museum (free from 5-8PM)
- Cafe Central Madrid for jazz? (very late at night)
Day 3. Mon, 18 May (all museums are free this day!)
- Royal Palace (10 AM - 8 PM) - go early to avoid crowds
- Plaza de la Villa
- Plaza Mayor
- Mercado de San Miguel
- Puerta del Sol
- Ingles shopping center?
- Plaza Santa Ana and surrounds
Day 4. Tue, 19 May
- Day trip to Toledo
- Something else after return? Probably will be too tired..
Day 5. Wed, 20 May
- Plaza de Cibeles
- National Archeological Museum
- Gran Via
- Salamanca district
Day 6. Thu, 21 May
- Bus to Granada
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Appenzell in December?
- 2 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 3 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 4 Traveling in Belgium
- 5 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 6 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 7 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 8 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 9 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 11 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 12 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 13 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 16 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 17 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 18 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 19 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 20 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 21 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 22 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 23 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 24 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 25 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO