Holiday is approaching fast (15 of May), time to get serious with itineraries. Will be in Madrid from 16 till 21 of May, open to any suggestions of how we can spend our time there better!
Day 1. Sat, 16 May (half day, plane will land 1:45 PM)
- arrive to our apartment (Erik Vokel Atocha) ~4 PM
- shower, get some groceries from supermarket around the corner, buy local sim from Phone House
- Reina Sofia is free 7-9 PM (5 min walk from apartment)
- not much else on this day as will be jet lagged etc. (flying from Australia)
Day 2. Sun, 17 May
- El Rastro market (go early!) - not 100% if worth our time?
- Cava Baja street for tapas lunch?
- Retiro park
- Prada museum (free from 5-8PM)
- Cafe Central Madrid for jazz? (very late at night)
Day 3. Mon, 18 May (all museums are free this day!)
- Royal Palace (10 AM - 8 PM) - go early to avoid crowds
- Plaza de la Villa
- Plaza Mayor
- Mercado de San Miguel
- Puerta del Sol
- Ingles shopping center?
- Plaza Santa Ana and surrounds
Day 4. Tue, 19 May
- Day trip to Toledo
- Something else after return? Probably will be too tired..
Day 5. Wed, 20 May
- Plaza de Cibeles
- National Archeological Museum
- Gran Via
- Salamanca district
Day 6. Thu, 21 May
- Bus to Granada
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 4 6-7 Days in France
- 5 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 6 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 7 5 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 9 Korean Messages
- 10 Petrol in Greece
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 13 Budapest in December 2017
- 14 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 15 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 16 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 19 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 20 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 21 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017