My friend and I are planning to go to Stockholm for approx. 5.5 days in the first week of September. We will be flying into Stockholm from Bergen (Norway). Here's our current plan:
Day 0.5: Arrive Stockholm in the evening
Day 1-3: Stockholm
Day 4: Visby,Gotland (incl.overnight stay)
Day 5: Back in Stockholm . Departing next day
Based on my research, for Gotland, we would need to take a bus from Stockholm to Nynäshamn , and then get on the ferry to Visby. I checked the ferry timings for when we will be there and since it's September, the ferry service is limited. Under Sept. timetable, we will get to Visby at 2:30pm on Day 4, spend the rest of the day there, and then the next day take the 7am ferry back to get to Stockholm around noon (the only other option gets us back to Stockholm around 11pm and that's too late since we want to squeeze in some last minute shopping). I've read many good things about Visby's historical/medieval significance and we would really like to go but I'm just wondering if the current plan makes it a rather hectic trip...so here are the questions:
1) Is this plan almost touch-and-go for Gotland? Is that enough time ? Would it be better for us to remain in Stockholm and pick 1 or 2 archipelago islands to visit on day 4, rather than venturing to Visby? The 3 days in Stockholm currently include a short 3-hr archipelago cruise.
2) Is 3 full days in Stockholm enough?
We're looking to have a relaxed trip and not spend our time stressing out about catching buses/trains or running around all over the city to see the main attractions. I realize we won't be able to see everything in one go and I'm fine with skipping some places...all the more reason to go back!
Would love feedback/suggestions on this.
5 and a half days in Stockholm in September
- 1 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 2 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 3 Istanbul hotels
- 4 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 5 2 Week European Itinerary
- 6 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 7 TGV and Provence questions
- 8 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 Car in Prague
- 11 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 12 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 13 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 14 Rome Accommodation
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 18 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 19 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 20 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 21 Family European winter holiday
- 22 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 23 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France