I wish to travel to Iceland around the last week of May (before the peak season starts) and was wondering if anyone could please help me with my questions. My primary purpose is to photograph the beautiful landscapes (Waterfalls ,glaciers)...
This will be a first trip for my wife and I and after reading a lot of threads I have come to realize that instead of taking any bus tours, we could be ok if we rented a vehicle and do a road trip ourselves.
1. How would the road condition be ( Rd 1 mostly) except for the golden triangle tour (different road) ? Is the Rte 1 paved all the way to the south ( till JokulSarlon) ?
2. Is it rainy/cold/wet around that time of the year?
3. Anyone rented a car from sixT ? Seems like a few complaints have come in but now they do offer coverage for gravel/sand damage....
4. Is this a decent month photography wise ?
5. Do I really need a 4WD during the trip or a 2wd vehicle is sufficient?
My itinerary would be something like this:
1. Day 1 in Reykjavik
2. Snaeffelsjokull NP
3. Do Golden Circle (Þingvellir – Gullfoss Waterfall and Geysir Hot Springs – Faxi waterfall – Kerið )
4. South Coast (South Coast, Skaftafell National Park) . Where could 1 stay here to be able to visit Jokulsarlon early in the day (next day) ?
5. Jokulsarlon (early morning), drive back to Reykjavik
6. Fly back home
I appreciate all/any help you may have....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Selling Original Apple iPhone 6s plus 128GB Unlocked
- 2 Iceland in 4 days?
- 3 weight lost pills, roxy , meth ,subutex , Opana , rohypnol , xanax ,
- 4 Our time in Rome
- 5 Europe itinerary
- 6 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 7 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 8 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 9 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 10 London road closings this weekend: Bike Race
- 11 Renting International Cars from USA
- 12 Europe itinerary review
- 13 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 14 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 15 train from ravenna to parma
- 16 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 17 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 18 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 19 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 20 Enjoying England for a year!
- 21 European Travel in March
- 22 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 23 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 24 Transport from Prague to Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia-Romania
- 25 My First Trip to Europe...