We are planning a 8-day trip to Iceland in the first week of June and are wondering if it makes any difference between renting a 4x4 and a regular car. Based on road conditions and mountain road openings, we're finding that we can't go inland during our stay there anyway. Is this correct? Are there any other reason why we should rent a 4x4? We're on a tight budget. Thanks!
4x4 or car for Iceland trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 2 Which european city?
- 3 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 4 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 5 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 6 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 8 All Set To Go!!
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 11 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 12 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 13 Italy Countryside
- 14 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 15 French Basque region
- 16 Vegan in Germany?
- 17 VISA question
- 18 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 19 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 20 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 21 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 24 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 25 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?