My husband and I will be in Tuscany from September 27th-Oct 2nd (5 nights and 4.5 days) and will be staying in Montepulciano @ Salcheto Winehouse and will be coming from Montefalco in Umbria. Our main priorities are food, wine and views. I don't need to plan out every detail of the day but I'd like to have an idea of what we want do in general every day., especially because we want to visit wineries. We will have our car (don't worry, I know not to drink a lot and drive ).
Can you please help me decide how to piece the days together? My husband wants to fully plan a day on his own as a surprise so I have 3.5 to decide on. I want to visit Cortona (I am thinking on the way to Montepulciano), Chianti, Montalcino/Pienza/Montepulciano, Chiusi, San Antimo Montasary.
1. How to best piece this together?
2. Should we visit Cortona on the way to Montepulciano or do it another day? Which other towns could we pair with this?
3. How would you do a day in Chianti?
4. Do i need to make reservations at all the wineries or do a lot of them just do walk in? I'd really prefer not having to stick to a schedule.
5. What else do you suggest we do?
6. Any recommendations for vineyards/agriturisimo to have lunch with a view?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 3 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 4 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 5 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 6 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 7 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 8 Hiking in Switzerland
- 9 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 10 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 11 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 12 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 13 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 14 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 15 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 21 CASH OR CARD?
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 24 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 25 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!