we visited one of Ireland Cairns in Loughcrew Megalithic, Ancient Burial Mound dated back to 4000 BC.
One of the Oldest burial ground in Ireland . Even Though the entrance fee is free, the site is still well preserved, Worth visiting if you feel a bit adventurous, as the site located on top of hill.
Around 1 .30 hour drive from Dublin and 28 Km from Mullingar .the key to get inside the Cairns is available in the Loughcrew garden. Spare an hour to explore the place.and the last best things about it,
No Entrance fee required
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 want to come to Sweden Harnosand.
- 2 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 3 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 4 K-Day
- 5 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 6 Spain in December
- 7 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 8 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 9 Lay over time
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 16 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 17 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 18 Flat in London
- 19 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 20 Help required with Itinerary
- 21 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 22 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 23 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?