we visited one of Ireland Cairns in Loughcrew Megalithic, Ancient Burial Mound dated back to 4000 BC.
One of the Oldest burial ground in Ireland . Even Though the entrance fee is free, the site is still well preserved, Worth visiting if you feel a bit adventurous, as the site located on top of hill.
Around 1 .30 hour drive from Dublin and 28 Km from Mullingar .the key to get inside the Cairns is available in the Loughcrew garden. Spare an hour to explore the place.and the last best things about it,
No Entrance fee required
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 2 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 3 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 4 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 5 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 6 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 7 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 8 YIKES!
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 11 Final Four
- 12 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 13 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 14 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 15 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 16 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 17 Cash machines ATM
- 18 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 19 Turin, Bologna or Genoa
- 20 Charming areas to explore in London
- 21 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 22 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 23 Getting around Lisbon
- 24 May get together in Paris
- 25 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid