we visited one of Ireland Cairns in Loughcrew Megalithic, Ancient Burial Mound dated back to 4000 BC.
One of the Oldest burial ground in Ireland . Even Though the entrance fee is free, the site is still well preserved, Worth visiting if you feel a bit adventurous, as the site located on top of hill.
Around 1 .30 hour drive from Dublin and 28 Km from Mullingar .the key to get inside the Cairns is available in the Loughcrew garden. Spare an hour to explore the place.and the last best things about it,
No Entrance fee required
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 2 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 3 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 4 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Do not use MYIPB to ship from London
- 7 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 8 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 9 French restaurants
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 12 Scotland Trip
- 13 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 14 Croatia trip Planning
- 15 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 16 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 17 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 18 Planning a European Trip
- 19 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 20 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 21 Trains in Alps and UK
- 22 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 23 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 24 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 25 Germany in December Trip Report