we visited one of Ireland Cairns in Loughcrew Megalithic, Ancient Burial Mound dated back to 4000 BC.
One of the Oldest burial ground in Ireland . Even Though the entrance fee is free, the site is still well preserved, Worth visiting if you feel a bit adventurous, as the site located on top of hill.
Around 1 .30 hour drive from Dublin and 28 Km from Mullingar .the key to get inside the Cairns is available in the Loughcrew garden. Spare an hour to explore the place.and the last best things about it,
No Entrance fee required
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 2 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 3 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 4 Venice
- 5 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 6 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 7 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 8 Porto and vicinity
- 9 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 10 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 11 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 12 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 13 Norway fjord
- 14 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 15 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 16 7 days in Greece
- 17 Italy
- 18 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 19 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 20 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 21 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 22 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 23 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 24 Praiana to Positano
- 25 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report