I am a photographer with 2 kids travelling to Italy/France in late june/early july. I have mapped out an itinerary as follows:
4 days Paris
1 day Strasbourg
3 days Colmar
(Fly from Basel to Naples)
1 day Pompeii
1 day Capri
3 days Positano
2 days Orvieto
1 day Spello
2 days Perugia
1 day Montepulciano
1 day Pienze
1 day Montalcino
1 day Volterra
1 day Lucca
(fly from Pisa to Paris to USA)
I have previously been to Florence, Rome, Venice, Cinque Terre, Provence, Loire so have left those off the itinerary. I am a foodie who loves quaint villages and spectacular scenery. Would love your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 2 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 3 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 Areas in Milan
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Perugia
- 8 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Ireland itinerary help please
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 13 CDG much improved
- 14 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 15 St Denis Cathedral
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 18 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 21 Rouen Tour Companies
- 22 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 23 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 24 Ronda Wine/biking
- 25 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.