I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 2 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 3 Tuscany First Time
- 4 Iceland car rental agencies
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 7 Switzerland in October
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Italy in January?
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 12 2 days in Lugano area
- 13 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 14 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 15 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 Recommendations
- 18 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 19 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 20 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 23 Paris- restaurant
- 24 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 25 4 nights in Provence, advice