I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 2 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 3 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 4 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 5 UK in May and June
- 6 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 7 Bath/Cotswolds
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Spain: train/rental car help
- 10 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 11 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 12 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 13 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 14 Globus Iberian Tour
- 15 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 Italy travel plan help
- 18 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 19 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 20 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 21 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 22 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 23 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 24 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece