I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
4 weeks tour of Central European: Advice/Comments needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Paris on my own
- 2 Train tickets within Italy
- 3 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 4 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 5 Questions for Paris residents
- 6 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 9 Overnight in London - Hotel Recs?
- 10 Venice - apartment??????
- 11 Our first trip to Europe
- 12 Southwestern England
- 13 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 14 Stay in Venice
- 15 Teen Mens Fashion/Apparel?
- 16 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 17 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 18 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 19 Itinerary help: St. Remy / Marseille / Nice then? end in Milan
- 20 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 21 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 22 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 23 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 24 Mont St. Michele?
- 25 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!