I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advices about our itiniary
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 4 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 5 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 6 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 7 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 8 What to take to Germany
- 9 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 10 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 11 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 12 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 13 Private transportation
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 15 Scotland Trip
- 16 Suggestions for travel
- 17 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 18 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 19 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 20 Holiday in Austria
- 21 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 22 4 week trip Turkey
- 23 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 24 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 25 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise