I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 4 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 5 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 6 Munich and....???
- 7 Can parking
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 10 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 13 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 magnified mirror
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 22 San Sebastián
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald