I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
4 weeks tour of Central European: Advice/Comments needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 3 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 4 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 5 First time Ireland trip
- 6 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 7 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 8 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 11 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 12 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 13 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 14 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 15 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 16 22 year olds in Europe
- 17 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 18 Granada
- 19 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 20 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 21 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Coffee in Naples
- 24 A Sardinia trip report
- 25 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy