I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parking in Italy
- 2 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 5 Costal Spain Vacation Rental House Advice
- 6 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 7 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 8 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 9 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 10 1 week in Malaga
- 11 http://www.toptryloburn.com/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 12 Inside of that plastic area you’ll see lights
- 13 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?
- 14 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 15 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 16 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 17 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 18 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 19 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 20 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 21 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 22 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 23 Naples to Pompeii
- 24 Amsterdam and ?????
- 25 St Petersberg/Moscow/Prague