I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
4 weeks tour of Central European: Advice/Comments needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 2 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 3 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 4 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 5 Transports in Santorini
- 6 Scotland Votes "No"
- 7 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 8 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 9 Oslo in early Oct
- 10 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 11 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 12 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 15 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 16 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 17 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 18 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 19 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 21 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 22 Best day trips from Paris
- 23 Santorini transportation
- 24 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 25 Gift for French business associate