I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 4 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 5 Trip to Rome
- 6 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 7 Culinary scene in Vienna, Austria
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 9 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 15 Help required with Itinerary
- 16 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 17 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 18 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 19 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 20 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 21 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 22 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 23 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 24 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 25 Skye to Edinburgh