My husband and I are planning our 1st big European trip in June next year. We are leaving from Australia and will be there for 30 days (not including flight to and from Sydney). We are interested in experiencing as much as we can but don’t want our trip to be too rushed – we are hoping to come back for more next time. We want to do the usual tourist things – sightseeing, trying different food, visiting museums, and just experiencing what Europe is like. The must see places are London, Paris, the Swiss Alps (Janfrau) and I would love to drive around the English countryside.
We are in our mid 30s, fairly fit (I like to think) and haven’t had much problem with jetlag in past trips to the US.
Budget isn’t really a huge issue but we would of course like to keep it reasonable (maybe $20k give or take).
We are still in early stages of our planning and after consulting this and other forums, we came up with the following draft itinerary:
Day 1 to 5 – London
Day 6 to 10 – Paris (include day to Versailles)
Day 11 to 16 – Swiss Alps/Lucerne (thinking of taking the night trains to Amsterdam so won’t lose a day travelling)
Day 17 to 18 – Amsterdam (fly to Edinburgh)
Day 19 to 28 – Driving from Edinburgh to Bath – hoping to stop in on the Lake district, York, Cotswold district. Is this too much?
Day 29 to 30 – back to London
Are we being too ambitious with the above itinerary? Happy to forego Amsterdam and/or Edinburgh. They were included more for the connection between Lucerne and the drive down from the Lake District.
Thanks for looking and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 엘로우게임＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온라인카지노§안전공원
- 2 내국인카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생방송바카라˘카지노바카라사이트
- 3 Murren to Prague
- 4 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 5 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 6 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Sintra
- 9 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 10 Venice Bell Tower
- 11 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 12 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 13 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 14 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 15 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 16 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 17 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 18 Kayaking in Avignon
- 19 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 20 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 21 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 22 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 25 Cordoba Overnight?