My husband and I are planning our 1st big European trip in June next year. We are leaving from Australia and will be there for 30 days (not including flight to and from Sydney). We are interested in experiencing as much as we can but don’t want our trip to be too rushed – we are hoping to come back for more next time. We want to do the usual tourist things – sightseeing, trying different food, visiting museums, and just experiencing what Europe is like. The must see places are London, Paris, the Swiss Alps (Janfrau) and I would love to drive around the English countryside.
We are in our mid 30s, fairly fit (I like to think) and haven’t had much problem with jetlag in past trips to the US.
Budget isn’t really a huge issue but we would of course like to keep it reasonable (maybe $20k give or take).
We are still in early stages of our planning and after consulting this and other forums, we came up with the following draft itinerary:
Day 1 to 5 – London
Day 6 to 10 – Paris (include day to Versailles)
Day 11 to 16 – Swiss Alps/Lucerne (thinking of taking the night trains to Amsterdam so won’t lose a day travelling)
Day 17 to 18 – Amsterdam (fly to Edinburgh)
Day 19 to 28 – Driving from Edinburgh to Bath – hoping to stop in on the Lake district, York, Cotswold district. Is this too much?
Day 29 to 30 – back to London
Are we being too ambitious with the above itinerary? Happy to forego Amsterdam and/or Edinburgh. They were included more for the connection between Lucerne and the drive down from the Lake District.
Thanks for looking and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Waves of celebrities have
- 2 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 3 Where to go in March??
- 4 Advice for England and France travels?
- 5 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 6 http://www.topwellnesspro.com/geniux-reviews/
- 7 Northern Italian Food
- 8 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 9 Barcelona on budget
- 10 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 11 http://www.supplementoffers.org/skinnoir-cream/
- 12 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 13 http://thedropnet.com/curvy-bust
- 14 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 15 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 16 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 17 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 18 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 19 Provence to Nice driving
- 20 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 21 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 22 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 23 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 24 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast