My husband and I are planning our 1st big European trip in June next year. We are leaving from Australia and will be there for 30 days (not including flight to and from Sydney). We are interested in experiencing as much as we can but don’t want our trip to be too rushed – we are hoping to come back for more next time. We want to do the usual tourist things – sightseeing, trying different food, visiting museums, and just experiencing what Europe is like. The must see places are London, Paris, the Swiss Alps (Janfrau) and I would love to drive around the English countryside.
We are in our mid 30s, fairly fit (I like to think) and haven’t had much problem with jetlag in past trips to the US.
Budget isn’t really a huge issue but we would of course like to keep it reasonable (maybe $20k give or take).
We are still in early stages of our planning and after consulting this and other forums, we came up with the following draft itinerary:
Day 1 to 5 – London
Day 6 to 10 – Paris (include day to Versailles)
Day 11 to 16 – Swiss Alps/Lucerne (thinking of taking the night trains to Amsterdam so won’t lose a day travelling)
Day 17 to 18 – Amsterdam (fly to Edinburgh)
Day 19 to 28 – Driving from Edinburgh to Bath – hoping to stop in on the Lake district, York, Cotswold district. Is this too much?
Day 29 to 30 – back to London
Are we being too ambitious with the above itinerary? Happy to forego Amsterdam and/or Edinburgh. They were included more for the connection between Lucerne and the drive down from the Lake District.
Thanks for looking and any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 weeks itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain Questions
- 2 9 days in turkey
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 8 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 9 Street food in Turkey
- 10 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 11 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 12 Mont St Michel
- 13 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 14 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 15 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 16 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Dublin Hostels
- 19 Avignon to London?
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 24 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 25 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam