We are planning a 4 week holiday to Italy next June/July with our children who will be aged 10 and 8 to escape our Winter.
We will fly from Australia to Rome and out of Paris 5 weeks later.
I would love some advice please, on both our itinerary and alternative options by people who are more familiar with the areas than I am.
I can speak Italian and DH and I have travelled extensively in Europe pre-children, but since having our kids we have stayed in Australia, Asia and the USA for holidays...the flight lengths to Europe have been off-putting until now.
Rome; 7 nights
Lucca; 7 nights
Ligurian Coast (SML we think at this stage, am open to suggestions though); 7 nights
Varenna (Como); 7 nights / Varenna 5 nights plus Milan or Turin 2 nights
Paris; 7 nights
We were originally planning to stay in the Val d'Orcia and hiring a car, but the more we thought about not having a car, the more relaxed we became. That is why we are considering Lucca as we can hang around there and enjoy the town or take day trips on a train.
Three other places we have seriously considered over Lucca are Bologna, Parma and Verona, I would love your opinions on this.
Also, would you stay in Como area for 7 nights or add a city for 2 nights.
Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do at 7:00am
- 2 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 3 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 4 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 5 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 6 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 7 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 8 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 9 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 10 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 13 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 14 Planning a European Trip
- 15 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 18 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 19 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 20 Italian lakes
- 21 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 24 Andalucia itinerary help
- 25 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?