I've been reading some of the past discussions and your responses seem to be honest and informative and that's what I need!
We are planning a holiday to Europe in May and I'm really struggling with the itinerary. Our time frame is 4 weeks (less travel time) and our budget is about $9000 (NOT including airfares) and although we are from Sydney, we will be flying to Europe from Tokyo, Japan. We can fly into London, Paris or Frankfurt as a starting point and leave from any of those destinations to come home. We are hoping to do England, Scotland and Ireland, Paris (and perhaps a bit more of France?), Germany and Switzerland - italy was on our list but i think thats being unrealistic with our time frame and we decided to leave the entire Mediterranean area for the next holiday. We have family in London, Cashel (Ireland), Germany and Zurich who we would like to see (not stay with for long but at least drop in and see - perhaps stay overnight with each). We were planning on hiring a car so we can just plod along from place to place as we please. I'm a bit of a history buff and would love to see the historical aspects of the major cities and both myself and my boyfriend are very active people who love the idea of getting out into the country side as well. We enjoy hiking and thought it would be a nice idea to explore a city or two by bicycle.
What do you think - is it possible?
What can't we miss and is there anything in those areas of Europe that I haven't mentioned that we should take the time to see/do (Austria, Belgium etc)?
Any suggestions will be much appreciated...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 2 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 3 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 4 Which order should I travel
- 5 Which order should I travel
- 6 Which order should I travel
- 7 Barcelona completely overrated
- 8 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 9 Ravello to Paestum
- 10 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 11 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 Spain Itinerary Help
- 14 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 15 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 16 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 17 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 18 What Greek islands should I visit
- 19 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 20 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 21 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 22 Girona and Besalau
- 23 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 24 Europe Destination with kids?
- 25 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest