I've been reading some of the past discussions and your responses seem to be honest and informative and that's what I need!
We are planning a holiday to Europe in May and I'm really struggling with the itinerary. Our time frame is 4 weeks (less travel time) and our budget is about $9000 (NOT including airfares) and although we are from Sydney, we will be flying to Europe from Tokyo, Japan. We can fly into London, Paris or Frankfurt as a starting point and leave from any of those destinations to come home. We are hoping to do England, Scotland and Ireland, Paris (and perhaps a bit more of France?), Germany and Switzerland - italy was on our list but i think thats being unrealistic with our time frame and we decided to leave the entire Mediterranean area for the next holiday. We have family in London, Cashel (Ireland), Germany and Zurich who we would like to see (not stay with for long but at least drop in and see - perhaps stay overnight with each). We were planning on hiring a car so we can just plod along from place to place as we please. I'm a bit of a history buff and would love to see the historical aspects of the major cities and both myself and my boyfriend are very active people who love the idea of getting out into the country side as well. We enjoy hiking and thought it would be a nice idea to explore a city or two by bicycle.
What do you think - is it possible?
What can't we miss and is there anything in those areas of Europe that I haven't mentioned that we should take the time to see/do (Austria, Belgium etc)?
Any suggestions will be much appreciated...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 2 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 3 Enjoying England for a year!
- 4 European Travel in March
- 5 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 6 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 7 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 8 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 9 Transport from Prague to Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia-Romania
- 10 My First Trip to Europe...
- 11 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 12 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 13 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 14 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 15 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 16 We are back!
- 17 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 18 Our time in Rome
- 19 Europe itinerary review
- 20 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 21 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 22 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 23 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 24 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 25 Greece Itinerary