I'm visiting Italy from mid-October through early November, 16 days total.
My current itinerary is 3 nights Venice, 3 nights Florence, 4 nights Sorrento, and 5 nights Rome.
We will be traveling from place to place by train and will not have a car. (No, I'm not renting a car.)
I'd originally planned not to venture to Sorrento and Amalfi Coast area at all but friends who visited there during the same time of year a few yrs ago, convinced me to visit.
I'd originally planned to stay in Orvieto for two nights on the way to Rome, from Florence.
I have a couple of minor dilemmas though -
1. I'd still like to visit Orvieto and planned for 4 full days in Rome so we could day-trip there by train from Rome.
2. However - I have a beautiful hotel booked in Sorrento, room with a terrace, lovely views, that I got for a great price; and Sorrento and the area look like a great place to just hang out and unwind a bit before going on to Rome.
So far, I have 4 nights and 3 full days in Sorrento.
I feel like I should add a day.
If I do, though, I probably will not make it to Orvieto, and have only 3 days in Rome. (The other option is to take a day from Florence, where I've visited before.)
Short version of this post - Should I skip Orvieto, or take a day from Florence, to spend one more day in Sorrento? In late October.
Thank you in advance for your insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 2 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 3 Sundays in Puglia
- 4 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 5 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 6 Lay over time
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 9 Greek Islands (small)
- 10 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 11 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 12 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 K-Day
- 15 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 16 Spain in December
- 17 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 18 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 19 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 20 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 21 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 22 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 23 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 24 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 25 Itinerary review from a overplanner