I'm visiting Italy from mid-October through early November, 16 days total.
My current itinerary is 3 nights Venice, 3 nights Florence, 4 nights Sorrento, and 5 nights Rome.
We will be traveling from place to place by train and will not have a car. (No, I'm not renting a car.)
I'd originally planned not to venture to Sorrento and Amalfi Coast area at all but friends who visited there during the same time of year a few yrs ago, convinced me to visit.
I'd originally planned to stay in Orvieto for two nights on the way to Rome, from Florence.
I have a couple of minor dilemmas though -
1. I'd still like to visit Orvieto and planned for 4 full days in Rome so we could day-trip there by train from Rome.
2. However - I have a beautiful hotel booked in Sorrento, room with a terrace, lovely views, that I got for a great price; and Sorrento and the area look like a great place to just hang out and unwind a bit before going on to Rome.
So far, I have 4 nights and 3 full days in Sorrento.
I feel like I should add a day.
If I do, though, I probably will not make it to Orvieto, and have only 3 days in Rome. (The other option is to take a day from Florence, where I've visited before.)
Short version of this post - Should I skip Orvieto, or take a day from Florence, to spend one more day in Sorrento? In late October.
Thank you in advance for your insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 Towersey, London
- 4 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 7 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Biarritz family holiday
- 10 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 11 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 12 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 15 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 16 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 19 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 20 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 getting to CDG