I'm visiting Italy from mid-October through early November, 16 days total.
My current itinerary is 3 nights Venice, 3 nights Florence, 4 nights Sorrento, and 5 nights Rome.
We will be traveling from place to place by train and will not have a car. (No, I'm not renting a car.)
I'd originally planned not to venture to Sorrento and Amalfi Coast area at all but friends who visited there during the same time of year a few yrs ago, convinced me to visit.
I'd originally planned to stay in Orvieto for two nights on the way to Rome, from Florence.
I have a couple of minor dilemmas though -
1. I'd still like to visit Orvieto and planned for 4 full days in Rome so we could day-trip there by train from Rome.
2. However - I have a beautiful hotel booked in Sorrento, room with a terrace, lovely views, that I got for a great price; and Sorrento and the area look like a great place to just hang out and unwind a bit before going on to Rome.
So far, I have 4 nights and 3 full days in Sorrento.
I feel like I should add a day.
If I do, though, I probably will not make it to Orvieto, and have only 3 days in Rome. (The other option is to take a day from Florence, where I've visited before.)
Short version of this post - Should I skip Orvieto, or take a day from Florence, to spend one more day in Sorrento? In late October.
Thank you in advance for your insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 3 Walking itinerary in England?
- 4 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 5 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 6 Dog friendly hotels
- 7 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 8 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 9 Cambridge in May
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 13 No Periods in British Written English!
- 14 Self drive tour companies
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 Madrid/Lisbon
- 17 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 20 Day trips around Vienna
- 21 Greek fuel cost
- 22 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 23 Killarney
- 24 First time in Bulgaria
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations