I'm visiting Italy from mid-October through early November, 16 days total.
My current itinerary is 3 nights Venice, 3 nights Florence, 4 nights Sorrento, and 5 nights Rome.
We will be traveling from place to place by train and will not have a car. (No, I'm not renting a car.)
I'd originally planned not to venture to Sorrento and Amalfi Coast area at all but friends who visited there during the same time of year a few yrs ago, convinced me to visit.
I'd originally planned to stay in Orvieto for two nights on the way to Rome, from Florence.
I have a couple of minor dilemmas though -
1. I'd still like to visit Orvieto and planned for 4 full days in Rome so we could day-trip there by train from Rome.
2. However - I have a beautiful hotel booked in Sorrento, room with a terrace, lovely views, that I got for a great price; and Sorrento and the area look like a great place to just hang out and unwind a bit before going on to Rome.
So far, I have 4 nights and 3 full days in Sorrento.
I feel like I should add a day.
If I do, though, I probably will not make it to Orvieto, and have only 3 days in Rome. (The other option is to take a day from Florence, where I've visited before.)
Short version of this post - Should I skip Orvieto, or take a day from Florence, to spend one more day in Sorrento? In late October.
Thank you in advance for your insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer solutions CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT C@re
- 2 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 3 3 days solo in London
- 4 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 5 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 6 Prem fares (again)
- 7 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 8 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 9 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 10 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 11 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 12 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 13 Chania
- 14 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 15 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 16 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 17 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 18 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 19 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 20 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 21 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 22 Hotels in Turin
- 23 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 24 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 25 Help on ancient history route