Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely spring weather. My relatives are visiting LONDON, UK for a few nights next week.
They want to stay in the Oxford Street/Marble Arch area as they have been to that part of the city before, want to stroll along some of the stores in the area and not have to deal with traffic, subways etc.
I have visited that part of town before but am not too familiar with the accommodation options.
They are looking to spend 200-300GBP a night, and would prefer breakfast to be included.
Basically, they are looking for:
1) Location convenient to Oxford/Regent street
2) Nice rooms, preferably spacious, 4 or 5 star
3) Polite staff - e.g. to help them with their luggage, shopping bags to the hotel room (they will tip of course)
4) Clean, modern toilets, easy for senior citizens to use
5) Safety and a pleasant ambience in the hotel
Chain hotels are fine e.g. Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Intercontinental etc. or boutique hotels. They have not status or membership affiliations.
What would you chaps suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 4 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 5 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 6 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 7 Praiano
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 11 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 12 Family vacation to europe
- 13 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 14 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 15 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 16 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 17 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 18 Perugia
- 19 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 22 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 23 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 24 Rouen Tour Companies
- 25 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
4 or 5* hotel recommendation - Marble Arch/Oxford St. London