Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely spring weather. My relatives are visiting LONDON, UK for a few nights next week.
They want to stay in the Oxford Street/Marble Arch area as they have been to that part of the city before, want to stroll along some of the stores in the area and not have to deal with traffic, subways etc.
I have visited that part of town before but am not too familiar with the accommodation options.
They are looking to spend 200-300GBP a night, and would prefer breakfast to be included.
Basically, they are looking for:
1) Location convenient to Oxford/Regent street
2) Nice rooms, preferably spacious, 4 or 5 star
3) Polite staff - e.g. to help them with their luggage, shopping bags to the hotel room (they will tip of course)
4) Clean, modern toilets, easy for senior citizens to use
5) Safety and a pleasant ambience in the hotel
Chain hotels are fine e.g. Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Intercontinental etc. or boutique hotels. They have not status or membership affiliations.
What would you chaps suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 6 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Questions about Polish sights
- 14 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 23 Italy
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
4 or 5* hotel recommendation - Marble Arch/Oxford St. London