Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely spring weather. My relatives are visiting LONDON, UK for a few nights next week.
They want to stay in the Oxford Street/Marble Arch area as they have been to that part of the city before, want to stroll along some of the stores in the area and not have to deal with traffic, subways etc.
I have visited that part of town before but am not too familiar with the accommodation options.
They are looking to spend 200-300GBP a night, and would prefer breakfast to be included.
Basically, they are looking for:
1) Location convenient to Oxford/Regent street
2) Nice rooms, preferably spacious, 4 or 5 star
3) Polite staff - e.g. to help them with their luggage, shopping bags to the hotel room (they will tip of course)
4) Clean, modern toilets, easy for senior citizens to use
5) Safety and a pleasant ambience in the hotel
Chain hotels are fine e.g. Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Intercontinental etc. or boutique hotels. They have not status or membership affiliations.
What would you chaps suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 2 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 3 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 4 Vatican tour
- 5 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 6 Day in Capri
- 7 alcazar question and seville advice
- 8 TSA Precheck
- 9 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Paris travel help
- 14 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 15 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 16 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 17 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 18 Rome hotel
- 19 Villa in Italy
- 20 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 21 Help me make this possible!
- 22 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 25 One night in the Dolomites
4 or 5* hotel recommendation - Marble Arch/Oxford St. London