Hi Fellow Travellers,
We are a young couple planning a romantic getaway in June for 4 nights and we have booked our flights with Ryanair (cattle class) arriving in Alghero. I know, I should have gone with EasyJet as they fly to Olbia and it seems there's more to see in the Eastern part of the island but Ryanair was so cheap at the time ugh never mind! BACK to my question since we do not have enough time in Sardinia we need some guidance from you guys and help us where to go. Please bear in mind that we need to fly out from Alghero so we cannot stray too far I guess.
So this is the only itinerary we came up with so far....
From Alghero drive to La Marmorata and stay at this cute boutique B&B called Tancamelis (I'm such a sucker for shabby chic style accomodation) just check out the surrounding beaches around the area on day 1 and day 2 drive down to Palau and catch the ferry car to La Maddalena and spend the day there. Day 3 - feel free to recommend where else to go around the area.
I wonder if there's a smaller boat that leaves from La Marmorata that goes to La Maddalena? or is they only way to get there is via Palau?
Day 4 - we plan to drive back to Alghero, explore the city and stay for 1 night then the next day we fly back home.
Should we just base ourselves in Palau so we are closer to La Maddalena?
Also, I am used to driving on the left hand side of the road so I'm a bit nervous driving on the right hand side! but I just have to keep in mind that the middle line on the road must always be on my left hand side! What's the driving conditions like in the Island? eg the roads and navigating around? would you say its an easy drive? AND most important question - can someone recommend a reputable car hire company?
I look foward to all your recommendations!
Thank you in advance and I really appreciate it
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Driving through Paris
- 3 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Road trip with our dog
- 7 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 8 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 12 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 17 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 18 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 21 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 22 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 23 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 24 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 25 Can parking
Hi Fellow Travellers,