My husband, I & our 2 kids (10 & 5) are headed to Portugal and Italy this summer. We are flying into Lisbon on Sunday and leaving Thursday for Rome.
Should we stay in Lisbon as a base or stay 2 nights in Lisbon & 2 nights somewhere else? We want to travel to Sintra but other than this we are open. We will have a rental car.
Also, any recommendation for hotels, must do w/kids and restaurants. Our kids are adventurous re: sights & food!
thank you all for your help.
4 nights in Portugal - where to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 2 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 5 What to wear
- 6 italy
- 7 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 8 Side trip from Geneva
- 9 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 10 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 11 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 12 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 13 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 14 7 Nights in Paris
- 15 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 16 21 Days in Central Europe
- 17 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 18 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 19 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 20 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 21 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 22 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 23 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 24 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 25 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help