My husband, I & our 2 kids (10 & 5) are headed to Portugal and Italy this summer. We are flying into Lisbon on Sunday and leaving Thursday for Rome.
Should we stay in Lisbon as a base or stay 2 nights in Lisbon & 2 nights somewhere else? We want to travel to Sintra but other than this we are open. We will have a rental car.
Also, any recommendation for hotels, must do w/kids and restaurants. Our kids are adventurous re: sights & food!
thank you all for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 2 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 3 Andalucia Spain
- 4 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 5 Vigo Spain????
- 6 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 7 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 8 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 SURPRISE TRIP
- 11 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 12 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 15 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 16 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 17 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 18 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 19 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 20 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 23 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 24 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 25 Help with Spain Itinerary