I have been doing my homework on Tuscany and I am overwhelmed.
My wife and I (late 20's) will be arriving in Milan in mid May in the afternoon from Barcelona. This will be our first trip to Italy. I know 4 days and 4 nights doesn't give us much time, but we will make the best of it.
We have rented a car for 4 days and we want to stay in Tuscany. We are looking to stay in the country side. (we are looking to have some alone time away from masses of people) We are mostly interested in good food, great wine, and spectacular views. Although we are looking for alone time, we are full of energy and looking to have full-scheduled days. My wife really wants to go to Pisa, and I really want to go to a great winery.
So, any suggestions on a base to stay for around 100€ per night for both of us?
Any suggestions for "must do" or "must see"? Particular small towns to visit?
Any input will be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 2 Cordoba Overnight?
- 3 Piedmont as a destination
- 4 2 weeks Europe trip
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 8 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 9 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 10 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 11 Monemvasia or Gefyra
- 12 Alkmaar to Brussels - things to see?
- 13 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 14 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 15 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 18 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 19 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 20 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 21 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 22 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 23 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 24 Dublin Leap Card
- 25 vegetarian in spain