I have been doing my homework on Tuscany and I am overwhelmed.
My wife and I (late 20's) will be arriving in Milan in mid May in the afternoon from Barcelona. This will be our first trip to Italy. I know 4 days and 4 nights doesn't give us much time, but we will make the best of it.
We have rented a car for 4 days and we want to stay in Tuscany. We are looking to stay in the country side. (we are looking to have some alone time away from masses of people) We are mostly interested in good food, great wine, and spectacular views. Although we are looking for alone time, we are full of energy and looking to have full-scheduled days. My wife really wants to go to Pisa, and I really want to go to a great winery.
So, any suggestions on a base to stay for around 100€ per night for both of us?
Any suggestions for "must do" or "must see"? Particular small towns to visit?
Any input will be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 2 Porto...Questions !
- 3 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 4 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 5 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 6 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 7 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 8 Charming areas to explore in London
- 9 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 10 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 11 I may be wrong....
- 12 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 13 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 14 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 15 Cornwall UK
- 16 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 17 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 18 Hydra, Greece
- 19 travel around Spain
- 20 credit and debit cards
- 21 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 22 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 23 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 24 8 Hours in Rome
- 25 Golf Partner in Istanbul