I will be studying on exchange for 4 months, beginning January 2015, and I will likely stay in Europe for a little while longer upon the end of the exchange to enjoy the continent during the early summer months. Yes, I know 2015 is a long way from now, but I need to select my host country by the end of this year.
I will be looking to travel all over the continent (both in Western and Eastern Europe) during my exchange and after it ends, and I have two questions that I was hoping someone may be able to help:
1) Which city would you recommend for a study exchange that has easy (and cheap) access to inter-Europe travel options, other than Paris (very familiar with Paris; would prefer a new experience)? I am fluent (read, write, spoken) in English, French and Spanish)
*Please note that the options offered by my school that I would consider include: France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, the UK, and the Netherlands*
2) Budget. How much would a trip like this (let's say 4 months + 2 months of travelling after the exchange) cost, realistically, not including living expenses for the exchange itself? I don't mind sleeping on someone's floor when I travel (although couch-surfing and hostel website suggestions would be appreciated), and I'm very cost-aware - but I do enjoy the occasional splurge.
Thank you to all those who got to the bottom of this post! I look forward to reading your replies, and I appreciate all of your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 2 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 3 Final Four
- 4 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 5 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 6 Married couple first time to Europe, 4 cities over 2 weeks, questions.
- 7 Which city order makes most sense?
- 8 Tuscany car rental and accommodations
- 9 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 10 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 11 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 12 Valencia, Spain
- 13 Restaurants in Spain
- 14 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 15 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 16 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Transportation Question Italy
- 19 Help with basic itinerary
- 20 Short Trip to Paris
- 21 Greece and Italy Combo
- 22 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 23 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 24 Where are the Mods?
- 25 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area