I will be studying on exchange for 4 months, beginning January 2015, and I will likely stay in Europe for a little while longer upon the end of the exchange to enjoy the continent during the early summer months. Yes, I know 2015 is a long way from now, but I need to select my host country by the end of this year.
I will be looking to travel all over the continent (both in Western and Eastern Europe) during my exchange and after it ends, and I have two questions that I was hoping someone may be able to help:
1) Which city would you recommend for a study exchange that has easy (and cheap) access to inter-Europe travel options, other than Paris (very familiar with Paris; would prefer a new experience)? I am fluent (read, write, spoken) in English, French and Spanish)
*Please note that the options offered by my school that I would consider include: France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, the UK, and the Netherlands*
2) Budget. How much would a trip like this (let's say 4 months + 2 months of travelling after the exchange) cost, realistically, not including living expenses for the exchange itself? I don't mind sleeping on someone's floor when I travel (although couch-surfing and hostel website suggestions would be appreciated), and I'm very cost-aware - but I do enjoy the occasional splurge.
Thank you to all those who got to the bottom of this post! I look forward to reading your replies, and I appreciate all of your help!!
4 months student exchange in Europe
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 2 Week European Itinerary
- 3 Channel Islands
- 4 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 TGV and Provence questions
- 7 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 8 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 9 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 10 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 11 Dresden Train Station
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Family European winter holiday
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 20 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 23 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 24 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 25 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?