I will be studying on exchange for 4 months, beginning January 2015, and I will likely stay in Europe for a little while longer upon the end of the exchange to enjoy the continent during the early summer months. Yes, I know 2015 is a long way from now, but I need to select my host country by the end of this year.
I will be looking to travel all over the continent (both in Western and Eastern Europe) during my exchange and after it ends, and I have two questions that I was hoping someone may be able to help:
1) Which city would you recommend for a study exchange that has easy (and cheap) access to inter-Europe travel options, other than Paris (very familiar with Paris; would prefer a new experience)? I am fluent (read, write, spoken) in English, French and Spanish)
*Please note that the options offered by my school that I would consider include: France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, the UK, and the Netherlands*
2) Budget. How much would a trip like this (let's say 4 months + 2 months of travelling after the exchange) cost, realistically, not including living expenses for the exchange itself? I don't mind sleeping on someone's floor when I travel (although couch-surfing and hostel website suggestions would be appreciated), and I'm very cost-aware - but I do enjoy the occasional splurge.
Thank you to all those who got to the bottom of this post! I look forward to reading your replies, and I appreciate all of your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Europe!
- 2 Brief trip report Naples
- 3 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 6 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 7 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 8 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 9 visa appointment experience
- 10 What to take to Germany
- 11 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 12 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 13 Rue des Rosiers
- 14 Scotland Trip
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 17 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 18 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 19 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 20 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 21 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 22 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 23 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 24 4 week trip Turkey
- 25 Holiday in Austria