I will be studying on exchange for 4 months, beginning January 2015, and I will likely stay in Europe for a little while longer upon the end of the exchange to enjoy the continent during the early summer months. Yes, I know 2015 is a long way from now, but I need to select my host country by the end of this year.
I will be looking to travel all over the continent (both in Western and Eastern Europe) during my exchange and after it ends, and I have two questions that I was hoping someone may be able to help:
1) Which city would you recommend for a study exchange that has easy (and cheap) access to inter-Europe travel options, other than Paris (very familiar with Paris; would prefer a new experience)? I am fluent (read, write, spoken) in English, French and Spanish)
*Please note that the options offered by my school that I would consider include: France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, the UK, and the Netherlands*
2) Budget. How much would a trip like this (let's say 4 months + 2 months of travelling after the exchange) cost, realistically, not including living expenses for the exchange itself? I don't mind sleeping on someone's floor when I travel (although couch-surfing and hostel website suggestions would be appreciated), and I'm very cost-aware - but I do enjoy the occasional splurge.
Thank you to all those who got to the bottom of this post! I look forward to reading your replies, and I appreciate all of your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 3 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 4 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Bernina Express mid-March
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 where to stay in London?
- 11 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 12 vienna
- 13 4 days itinerary for France
- 14 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 15 Questions about Polish sights
- 16 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 17 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 18 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 19 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 20 Juangfrau / mt
- 21 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 22 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days