I'm a solo Canadian traveler, and am looking at exploring Switzerland. I've been all over Europe, but never to this beautiful country. I need help planning a 4-5 day itinerary.
How much time do I have? 4 (or 5) full days
When? End of July/August
Where? ANYWHERE in Switzerland.
Considerations? I'll be flying in on a Tuesday from Barcelona, and need to leave by Saturday to head to Napoli. I'm looking for easy-moderate hikes (no special equipment needed), as much nature (lakes/parks) as possible, and ease of getting around (when traveling alone, I'd prefer for it not to be too stressful to get around). If there's a nice town to stay in, with proximity to different hikes/parks etc. I would do that.
Any help/tips would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First visit to London
- 2 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 3 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 4 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 5 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 6 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 7 Two days in Rome
- 8 London is it worth it?
- 9 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 10 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 11 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 12 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 13 International drivers permit
- 14 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 15 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 16 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 17 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 18 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 19 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 20 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 21 Naples + Walking Tour
- 22 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 23 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 24 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 25 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers