I am joining a guided tour of Croatia in July and will arrive 4 days before. I am trying to decide to spend that time in Split or Dubrovnik (on the tour we visit those two cities plus Korcula and Hvar. We have two days in each location for 8 days total).
The things I like to do while traveling (in order of fun factor!)
1. Visting churches/cathedrals/museums
2. Sea kayaking/boat rides/visiting islands
3. Walking around medieval old towns
4. Sitting in cafe's drinking coffee/wine and reading
We depart from DBV to start the tour so even if I fly into Split, I need to make my way to DBV. I don't know either city/area at all, so based on my interests above...any recommendations? I am leaning towards Split simply because it's bigger...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My final Prague itinerary
- 2 Earthquake near Naples
- 3 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 4 London Theater
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 7 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 8 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 9 Switzerland in September
- 10 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 11 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 12 Munich itinerary review
- 13 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 14 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 15 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 16 weekend from cologne germany
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 20 3nights in Venice
- 21 multi city flights to europe
- 22 Europe itinerary questions
- 23 13 nights in switzerland
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Cash and Czech Crowns