I am joining a guided tour of Croatia in July and will arrive 4 days before. I am trying to decide to spend that time in Split or Dubrovnik (on the tour we visit those two cities plus Korcula and Hvar. We have two days in each location for 8 days total).
The things I like to do while traveling (in order of fun factor!)
1. Visting churches/cathedrals/museums
2. Sea kayaking/boat rides/visiting islands
3. Walking around medieval old towns
4. Sitting in cafe's drinking coffee/wine and reading
We depart from DBV to start the tour so even if I fly into Split, I need to make my way to DBV. I don't know either city/area at all, so based on my interests above...any recommendations? I am leaning towards Split simply because it's bigger...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 2 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 3 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 4 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 5 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 6 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 9 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 10 Iceland rental camper company
- 11 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 12 southeast sicily town as home base
- 13 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 14 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 15 Chania
- 16 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 17 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 18 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 19 Spanish food - not that special?
- 20 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 21 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 22 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 23 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 24 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!