I am joining a guided tour of Croatia in July and will arrive 4 days before. I am trying to decide to spend that time in Split or Dubrovnik (on the tour we visit those two cities plus Korcula and Hvar. We have two days in each location for 8 days total).
The things I like to do while traveling (in order of fun factor!)
1. Visting churches/cathedrals/museums
2. Sea kayaking/boat rides/visiting islands
3. Walking around medieval old towns
4. Sitting in cafe's drinking coffee/wine and reading
We depart from DBV to start the tour so even if I fly into Split, I need to make my way to DBV. I don't know either city/area at all, so based on my interests above...any recommendations? I am leaning towards Split simply because it's bigger...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 2 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 3 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 4 A week in Croatia with kids
- 5 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 8 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 9 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 10 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece