My mother and I will be visiting Italy in May 2013 (She is 55 and I am 26) and would like to spend 4-5 days in Tuscany. Our tentative plan is that we will be arriving via train from Rome and departing via Train for Zurich. We are hoping for a more foodie/vino experience while we're there - see the gorgeous countryside, see some vineyards and experience the great small towns that Tuscany has to offer. As we've not been there before, we aren't quite sure which towns to visit and how to get around. It sounds like a car is a good way to see the countryside. Any recommendations on where to get a rental and where to go? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
4 days in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 2 Vegan in Germany?
- 3 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 4 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 5 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 6 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 7 biking tours in Italy?
- 8 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 9 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 10 Scotland November 2015
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 13 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 14 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 15 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 16 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 17 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Italy Countryside
- 20 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 21 French Basque region
- 22 VISA question
- 23 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 24 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 25 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking