My mother and I will be visiting Italy in May 2013 (She is 55 and I am 26) and would like to spend 4-5 days in Tuscany. Our tentative plan is that we will be arriving via train from Rome and departing via Train for Zurich. We are hoping for a more foodie/vino experience while we're there - see the gorgeous countryside, see some vineyards and experience the great small towns that Tuscany has to offer. As we've not been there before, we aren't quite sure which towns to visit and how to get around. It sounds like a car is a good way to see the countryside. Any recommendations on where to get a rental and where to go? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
4 days in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 2 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 3 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 4 Is this realistic... advice?
- 5 Satnav maps update
- 6 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 7 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 8 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 9 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 10 Greece after the Vote
- 11 rail pass
- 12 France to Italy advice needed please
- 13 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 14 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 15 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 16 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 17 Spanish Music
- 18 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 19 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 20 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 21 3 days Vienna. Is Melk Worth it?
- 22 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 23 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland