My mother and I will be visiting Italy in May 2013 (She is 55 and I am 26) and would like to spend 4-5 days in Tuscany. Our tentative plan is that we will be arriving via train from Rome and departing via Train for Zurich. We are hoping for a more foodie/vino experience while we're there - see the gorgeous countryside, see some vineyards and experience the great small towns that Tuscany has to offer. As we've not been there before, we aren't quite sure which towns to visit and how to get around. It sounds like a car is a good way to see the countryside. Any recommendations on where to get a rental and where to go? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
4 days in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 2 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 3 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 4 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 5 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 6 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 7 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 8 Taormina Sicily
- 9 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 10 Portugal in January
- 11 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 12 choosing seats at La Scala
- 13 Please help! 3weeks Europe Holiday Itinerary holiday
- 14 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 15 Day trips from Lisbon
- 16 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 17 Paris and where else?
- 18 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 22 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 23 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 24 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 25 Trip report of our visit to Rioja