My mother and I will be visiting Italy in May 2013 (She is 55 and I am 26) and would like to spend 4-5 days in Tuscany. Our tentative plan is that we will be arriving via train from Rome and departing via Train for Zurich. We are hoping for a more foodie/vino experience while we're there - see the gorgeous countryside, see some vineyards and experience the great small towns that Tuscany has to offer. As we've not been there before, we aren't quite sure which towns to visit and how to get around. It sounds like a car is a good way to see the countryside. Any recommendations on where to get a rental and where to go? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
4 days in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 2 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 3 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 4 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 5 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 6 Working Holiday in Germany
- 7 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe
- 8 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 9 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 10 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 11 Transport in Venice
- 12 England & Scotland in April
- 13 How to structure this trip?
- 14 Wengen to Torino?
- 15 When to go to Sicily
- 16 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 17 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 18 Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice
- 19 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 20 Too Ambitious of an Itinerary?
- 21 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 22 Prebook B&Bs
- 23 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 24 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 25 Lakes District UK