My mother and I will be visiting Italy in May 2013 (She is 55 and I am 26) and would like to spend 4-5 days in Tuscany. Our tentative plan is that we will be arriving via train from Rome and departing via Train for Zurich. We are hoping for a more foodie/vino experience while we're there - see the gorgeous countryside, see some vineyards and experience the great small towns that Tuscany has to offer. As we've not been there before, we aren't quite sure which towns to visit and how to get around. It sounds like a car is a good way to see the countryside. Any recommendations on where to get a rental and where to go? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
4 days in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 history museums or locations
- 2 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 3 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 4 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 5 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 6 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 7 By train to and out of Prague
- 8 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 9 Cylades Island Hopping
- 10 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 11 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 12 Italy dolomites
- 13 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 14 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 15 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 16 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 17 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 18 Airport ATMs
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 21 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 22 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 23 22 year olds in Europe
- 24 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 25 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips