My mother and I will be visiting Italy in May 2013 (She is 55 and I am 26) and would like to spend 4-5 days in Tuscany. Our tentative plan is that we will be arriving via train from Rome and departing via Train for Zurich. We are hoping for a more foodie/vino experience while we're there - see the gorgeous countryside, see some vineyards and experience the great small towns that Tuscany has to offer. As we've not been there before, we aren't quite sure which towns to visit and how to get around. It sounds like a car is a good way to see the countryside. Any recommendations on where to get a rental and where to go? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
4 days in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 2 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 3 Paris then Glasgow with 5 kids
- 4 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 5 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 6 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 7 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 8 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 9 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 10 Trip to Pyrenees
- 11 Traveling to Russia and then onto Germany or Austria...Good idea?
- 12 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 13 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 14 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 15 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 16 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 17 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 18 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 19 Vacation Pictures
- 20 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 21 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 22 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 23 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 24 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 25 Purse week?