My mother and I will be visiting Italy in May 2013 (She is 55 and I am 26) and would like to spend 4-5 days in Tuscany. Our tentative plan is that we will be arriving via train from Rome and departing via Train for Zurich. We are hoping for a more foodie/vino experience while we're there - see the gorgeous countryside, see some vineyards and experience the great small towns that Tuscany has to offer. As we've not been there before, we aren't quite sure which towns to visit and how to get around. It sounds like a car is a good way to see the countryside. Any recommendations on where to get a rental and where to go? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
4 days in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 2 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 3 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 4 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 5 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 6 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 7 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 8 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 9 flea markets in France
- 10 What to wear
- 11 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 12 London neighborhood suggestions
- 13 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 14 Spain tips beyond safety
- 15 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 16 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 17 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 18 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 19 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 20 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 21 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 22 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 23 german rail ticket question
- 24 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 25 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)