My mother and I will be visiting Italy in May 2013 (She is 55 and I am 26) and would like to spend 4-5 days in Tuscany. Our tentative plan is that we will be arriving via train from Rome and departing via Train for Zurich. We are hoping for a more foodie/vino experience while we're there - see the gorgeous countryside, see some vineyards and experience the great small towns that Tuscany has to offer. As we've not been there before, we aren't quite sure which towns to visit and how to get around. It sounds like a car is a good way to see the countryside. Any recommendations on where to get a rental and where to go? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
4 days in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 4 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 5 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 6 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 7 Santorini
- 8 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 9 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 10 Foie gras, redux
- 11 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 12 Questions for my German friends
- 13 Chip but no PIN
- 14 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 15 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 16 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 17 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 18 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 19 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 20 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 21 Airport to Piraeus
- 22 Train to Airport in Venice
- 23 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 24 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 25 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!