My mother and I will be visiting Italy in May 2013 (She is 55 and I am 26) and would like to spend 4-5 days in Tuscany. Our tentative plan is that we will be arriving via train from Rome and departing via Train for Zurich. We are hoping for a more foodie/vino experience while we're there - see the gorgeous countryside, see some vineyards and experience the great small towns that Tuscany has to offer. As we've not been there before, we aren't quite sure which towns to visit and how to get around. It sounds like a car is a good way to see the countryside. Any recommendations on where to get a rental and where to go? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
4 days in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Stay near Paris
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 A one-week car trip to Slovenia-Croatia (Bosnia?)
- 5 Fabulous Family Fearlesly Meet Lykians (reprint of 2010 trip)
- 6 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 7 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 8 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 9 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 12 italy
- 13 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 14 Side trip from Geneva
- 15 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 16 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 17 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 18 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 19 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 20 7 Nights in Paris
- 21 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 22 21 Days in Central Europe
- 23 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 24 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 25 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?