My mother and I will be visiting Italy in May 2013 (She is 55 and I am 26) and would like to spend 4-5 days in Tuscany. Our tentative plan is that we will be arriving via train from Rome and departing via Train for Zurich. We are hoping for a more foodie/vino experience while we're there - see the gorgeous countryside, see some vineyards and experience the great small towns that Tuscany has to offer. As we've not been there before, we aren't quite sure which towns to visit and how to get around. It sounds like a car is a good way to see the countryside. Any recommendations on where to get a rental and where to go? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
4 days in Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A drive in Europe
- 2 Location of hotel in Rome
- 3 Reims for a day
- 4 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 5 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 6 Paris in April?
- 7 car rental companies Italy
- 8 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 9 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 10 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 What are the best places to see in England
- 13 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 14 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 15 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 16 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 17 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 18 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 19 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 20 hotels in Seville
- 21 Sicily Suggetions
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 24 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 25 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald