Would so appreciate your help as this is our first trip to Ireland. We arrive Thursday morning into Dublin and fly out Monday morning out of Shannon. No interest in pubs so heard we could do Dublin the first day.
1) Is it best to get a car and drive the rest of the trip?
2) What suggestions would you have for an itinerary? Are B&B's the way to go outside of Dublin?
3) Would like to go to Glendalough - better to go by car or bus? If we had a car, could we go there and then head over to Kilkenny or is it too hard to get to?
2) Saw recommendations on the forum here to go to Galway. Same question on better to do the train or car to see sites around that area? Can we easily get ourselves down to Shannon if we didn't have a car for Sunday night?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Trip Planning
- 2 Classical Music in Milan
- 3 Must sees in Malaga
- 4 Lake Maggiore
- 5 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 6 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 7 Another Book List for Italy
- 8 Antiques shopping Rome
- 9 Italy train question
- 10 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 11 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 12 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 13 Two Weeks in Europe
- 14 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 15 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 16 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 17 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 18 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 19 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 20 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 21 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 22 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 23 Venice - a day open
- 24 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 25 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence