Would so appreciate your help as this is our first trip to Ireland. We arrive Thursday morning into Dublin and fly out Monday morning out of Shannon. No interest in pubs so heard we could do Dublin the first day.
1) Is it best to get a car and drive the rest of the trip?
2) What suggestions would you have for an itinerary? Are B&B's the way to go outside of Dublin?
3) Would like to go to Glendalough - better to go by car or bus? If we had a car, could we go there and then head over to Kilkenny or is it too hard to get to?
2) Saw recommendations on the forum here to go to Galway. Same question on better to do the train or car to see sites around that area? Can we easily get ourselves down to Shannon if we didn't have a car for Sunday night?
4 Days in July - Arrive Dublin Leave Shannon - tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Coffee in Naples
- 2 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 3 A Sardinia trip report
- 4 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 5 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 6 First time Ireland trip
- 7 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 8 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 9 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 10 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 11 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 12 All Set To Go!!
- 13 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 14 Granada
- 15 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 16 22 year olds in Europe
- 17 Eastern Europe
- 18 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 19 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 20 Azores
- 21 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 22 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 23 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 24 4 weeks in the UK
- 25 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report