Would so appreciate your help as this is our first trip to Ireland. We arrive Thursday morning into Dublin and fly out Monday morning out of Shannon. No interest in pubs so heard we could do Dublin the first day.
1) Is it best to get a car and drive the rest of the trip?
2) What suggestions would you have for an itinerary? Are B&B's the way to go outside of Dublin?
3) Would like to go to Glendalough - better to go by car or bus? If we had a car, could we go there and then head over to Kilkenny or is it too hard to get to?
2) Saw recommendations on the forum here to go to Galway. Same question on better to do the train or car to see sites around that area? Can we easily get ourselves down to Shannon if we didn't have a car for Sunday night?
4 Days in July - Arrive Dublin Leave Shannon - tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 2 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 3 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 4 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 5 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 6 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 7 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 10 Help with England/Wales tour
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 13 Reykjavik hotels
- 14 Hotels that we found special
- 15 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 16 Too many Trip Reports
- 17 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 18 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 19 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 20 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 21 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 22 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 23 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 24 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 25 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15