In early June, my husband, son, and I will arrive in Venice by air on a Wednesday. We have until the following Sunday to get to Merligen, Switzerland. I would like to spend those days in Istria, but would like opinions on if this is a crazy waste of time or not. I studied Croatian 30 years ago, and am dying to go back there, but circumstances lead us to Switzerland this time around. I know the car rental will be one big issue (we will have to pick up in Venice and drop off in Amsterdam) but aside from that, will we be stressing ourselves out too much? If your opinion is that this is too much, any suggestions on where to spend those 4 days on our way to Switzerland? We will be in Switzerland for 10 days in varying locations (and France thereafter), so I don't think we would head straight there. I guess Northern Italy is the most logical. We love local music, art, hiking. I'd love any ideas you have. By the way, we are very low budget travelers. Thank you.
4 days in Istria - worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French rental car advice needed
- 2 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 3 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 4 Apartment rental in Dublin
- 5 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 6 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 7 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 8 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 9 Bus ride to Positano
- 10 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 11 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 12 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 13 Split to Venice. Help!
- 14 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 15 Switzerland - Trip for 8 days with 2 kids (5&3)
- 16 Dublin Hotel Choice
- 17 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 18 Best way to get to Italy from Greece of vice versa
- 19 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 20 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 21 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 22 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 23 best way to get to Italy from Greece
- 24 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 25 Tasting Cellars in Beaune