In early June, my husband, son, and I will arrive in Venice by air on a Wednesday. We have until the following Sunday to get to Merligen, Switzerland. I would like to spend those days in Istria, but would like opinions on if this is a crazy waste of time or not. I studied Croatian 30 years ago, and am dying to go back there, but circumstances lead us to Switzerland this time around. I know the car rental will be one big issue (we will have to pick up in Venice and drop off in Amsterdam) but aside from that, will we be stressing ourselves out too much? If your opinion is that this is too much, any suggestions on where to spend those 4 days on our way to Switzerland? We will be in Switzerland for 10 days in varying locations (and France thereafter), so I don't think we would head straight there. I guess Northern Italy is the most logical. We love local music, art, hiking. I'd love any ideas you have. By the way, we are very low budget travelers. Thank you.
4 days in Istria - worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 2 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 3 San Sebastian
- 4 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 5 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 6 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 7 Best hostels from experience
- 8 Istanbul Itinerary
- 9 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 10 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 11 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 12 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 13 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 14 What London location & hotels are the best for ??
- 15 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 16 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 17 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 18 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 19 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 20 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 21 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 22 7 Nights in Paris
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 25 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar