In early June, my husband, son, and I will arrive in Venice by air on a Wednesday. We have until the following Sunday to get to Merligen, Switzerland. I would like to spend those days in Istria, but would like opinions on if this is a crazy waste of time or not. I studied Croatian 30 years ago, and am dying to go back there, but circumstances lead us to Switzerland this time around. I know the car rental will be one big issue (we will have to pick up in Venice and drop off in Amsterdam) but aside from that, will we be stressing ourselves out too much? If your opinion is that this is too much, any suggestions on where to spend those 4 days on our way to Switzerland? We will be in Switzerland for 10 days in varying locations (and France thereafter), so I don't think we would head straight there. I guess Northern Italy is the most logical. We love local music, art, hiking. I'd love any ideas you have. By the way, we are very low budget travelers. Thank you.
4 days in Istria - worth it?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 2 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 3 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 4 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 5 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 6 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 8 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 9 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 10 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 11 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 12 British drivers
- 13 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 14 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 15 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 16 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 17 A full week in The Netherlands
- 18 Prague Main Train Station
- 19 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 20 Spain Travel
- 21 Venice in Jan
- 22 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 23 Southern France
- 24 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 25 Venice passes....confusing as heck!