In early June, my husband, son, and I will arrive in Venice by air on a Wednesday. We have until the following Sunday to get to Merligen, Switzerland. I would like to spend those days in Istria, but would like opinions on if this is a crazy waste of time or not. I studied Croatian 30 years ago, and am dying to go back there, but circumstances lead us to Switzerland this time around. I know the car rental will be one big issue (we will have to pick up in Venice and drop off in Amsterdam) but aside from that, will we be stressing ourselves out too much? If your opinion is that this is too much, any suggestions on where to spend those 4 days on our way to Switzerland? We will be in Switzerland for 10 days in varying locations (and France thereafter), so I don't think we would head straight there. I guess Northern Italy is the most logical. We love local music, art, hiking. I'd love any ideas you have. By the way, we are very low budget travelers. Thank you.
4 days in Istria - worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 2 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 3 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 4 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 5 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 8 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 9 France,Spain,Italy
- 10 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 11 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 12 Scotland November 2015
- 13 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 14 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 15 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 16 Which european city?
- 17 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 18 Portugal Trip
- 19 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 20 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 21 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 22 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 23 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 24 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 25 Luggage storage in Barcelona