In early June, my husband, son, and I will arrive in Venice by air on a Wednesday. We have until the following Sunday to get to Merligen, Switzerland. I would like to spend those days in Istria, but would like opinions on if this is a crazy waste of time or not. I studied Croatian 30 years ago, and am dying to go back there, but circumstances lead us to Switzerland this time around. I know the car rental will be one big issue (we will have to pick up in Venice and drop off in Amsterdam) but aside from that, will we be stressing ourselves out too much? If your opinion is that this is too much, any suggestions on where to spend those 4 days on our way to Switzerland? We will be in Switzerland for 10 days in varying locations (and France thereafter), so I don't think we would head straight there. I guess Northern Italy is the most logical. We love local music, art, hiking. I'd love any ideas you have. By the way, we are very low budget travelers. Thank you.
4 days in Istria - worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 2 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 3 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 4 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 5 Positano, Italy
- 6 Nice Video about Poland
- 7 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 8 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 9 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 10 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 11 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 12 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 13 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 14 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 15 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 16 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 Vienna highlights
- 19 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 20 Where to stay in Rome
- 21 Estonia Amber
- 22 20 days in Central Europe (female traveling solo)
- 23 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 24 Munich
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium