I would love some help in finalizing our itinerary in Crete. We would like to make the most of our time in Crete while relaxing and not rushing too much. We will have a car for our entire stay in Crete (4 full days). Ideally, our days would include beautiful drives, discovering amazing beaches and eating delicious food in small non-touristy restaurants in traditional Greek villages.
We arrive in Chania from Athens on at night on Aug 31st and depart from Heraklion to Santorini on the morning of Sept 5th.
Here’s the itinerary we’ve come up with so far,
Day 1 - Balos Lagoon, Kaliviani for lunch, Falassarna
Day 2 - Gorge of Samaria (following Rick Steve’s guide which includes Agia Roumeli, Chora Sfakion, Loutro)
Day3 - Elafonissi Beach
Day 4 – Drive from Chania to Heraklion with stops. Possibly Agia Fotini, Agia Galini, Panormos, Knossos…
Are we trying to do too much? Not enough? We were hoping to visit some traditional Greek villages; can we work those into our itinerary?
Any and all suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 신천지 릴 게임 ≪ 접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 4 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 7 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 8 dinner jackets
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 11 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 14 Transportation
- 15 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 16 4 days in Provence in early June
- 17 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 18 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 19 Leather goods in Florence
- 20 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 21 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 22 France Itinerary Advice
- 23 Trip to Rome
- 24 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 25 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar