I would love some help in finalizing our itinerary in Crete. We would like to make the most of our time in Crete while relaxing and not rushing too much. We will have a car for our entire stay in Crete (4 full days). Ideally, our days would include beautiful drives, discovering amazing beaches and eating delicious food in small non-touristy restaurants in traditional Greek villages.
We arrive in Chania from Athens on at night on Aug 31st and depart from Heraklion to Santorini on the morning of Sept 5th.
Here’s the itinerary we’ve come up with so far,
Day 1 - Balos Lagoon, Kaliviani for lunch, Falassarna
Day 2 - Gorge of Samaria (following Rick Steve’s guide which includes Agia Roumeli, Chora Sfakion, Loutro)
Day3 - Elafonissi Beach
Day 4 – Drive from Chania to Heraklion with stops. Possibly Agia Fotini, Agia Galini, Panormos, Knossos…
Are we trying to do too much? Not enough? We were hoping to visit some traditional Greek villages; can we work those into our itinerary?
Any and all suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 2 바카라룰■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■온카マ온카
- 3 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 4 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 5 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 6 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Scotland - We're Here!
- 11 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 12 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 13 European Vacation 2017
- 14 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 15 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 16 Need help in completing trip details
- 17 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 18 Which area to stay in London
- 19 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 22 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 23 Split to Hvar
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!