I would love some help in finalizing our itinerary in Crete. We would like to make the most of our time in Crete while relaxing and not rushing too much. We will have a car for our entire stay in Crete (4 full days). Ideally, our days would include beautiful drives, discovering amazing beaches and eating delicious food in small non-touristy restaurants in traditional Greek villages.
We arrive in Chania from Athens on at night on Aug 31st and depart from Heraklion to Santorini on the morning of Sept 5th.
Here’s the itinerary we’ve come up with so far,
Day 1 - Balos Lagoon, Kaliviani for lunch, Falassarna
Day 2 - Gorge of Samaria (following Rick Steve’s guide which includes Agia Roumeli, Chora Sfakion, Loutro)
Day3 - Elafonissi Beach
Day 4 – Drive from Chania to Heraklion with stops. Possibly Agia Fotini, Agia Galini, Panormos, Knossos…
Are we trying to do too much? Not enough? We were hoping to visit some traditional Greek villages; can we work those into our itinerary?
Any and all suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Effektiv Melanotan Komplett
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 4 http://fornatgaex.com/skinfresh-md/
- 5 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 6 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 9 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 10 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 11 Bremerhaven and environs
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 14 Spain in July
- 15 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 18 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 19 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 20 5 Days in Switzerland
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 23 International Flight Question
- 24 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 25 Dresden: How Many Nights?