I would love some help in finalizing our itinerary in Crete. We would like to make the most of our time in Crete while relaxing and not rushing too much. We will have a car for our entire stay in Crete (4 full days). Ideally, our days would include beautiful drives, discovering amazing beaches and eating delicious food in small non-touristy restaurants in traditional Greek villages.
We arrive in Chania from Athens on at night on Aug 31st and depart from Heraklion to Santorini on the morning of Sept 5th.
Here’s the itinerary we’ve come up with so far,
Day 1 - Balos Lagoon, Kaliviani for lunch, Falassarna
Day 2 - Gorge of Samaria (following Rick Steve’s guide which includes Agia Roumeli, Chora Sfakion, Loutro)
Day3 - Elafonissi Beach
Day 4 – Drive from Chania to Heraklion with stops. Possibly Agia Fotini, Agia Galini, Panormos, Knossos…
Are we trying to do too much? Not enough? We were hoping to visit some traditional Greek villages; can we work those into our itinerary?
Any and all suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Which Train Station in Venice
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 10 Uber vs. TfL
- 11 What fresh hell is this?
- 12 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 17 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 One free day in Barcelona
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 24 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more