I think I finally have four full days in Amsterdam proper mapped out. I'll be there July 28-August 2nd. I'll be staying at the Citizen M Amsterdam, with Aug 1-2 at Citizen M Schipol. I will have a Museumkaart, which I think should help with all the lines except for Anne Frank House, right? If so, how do I bypass these lines? Is there a special line at the big museums (Van Gogh, Rijkmuseum, Stadelijk) to go into?
I think the biggest advice I will need is just the timing of certain places. I imagine many will be mobbed as it's summer, and it's all gay pride week. Being gay, I would like to watch a little of the parade on Saturday. I hope museums will still be open.
I'm 32 and move quickly and try to see a lot in one day. I will primarily walk or take trams.
Anyway, here goes:
Basiliek St. Nicolaas
[walk around red light district - will the route above and to skylounge suffice anyway? I realize this isn't at night, but it seems like the best time for my schedule]
Skylounge for light lunch and drink
Walk around Joordaan [where specifically should I walk?]
Amsterdam Tulip Museum
Anne Frank House [I do not have tickets, and I know the line will be long. I was told to come mid-day. Hopefully if I arrive by 4, I can be out by my dinner reservation at 7:45?]
Daalder at 7:45 pm
:Rijksmueum - arrive maybe 9:30 or 10 to avoid opening. Stay 3 hours?
Resistance Museum - Verzelsmuseum [could maybe miss this as it out of the way?]
Museum Van Loon
Amsterdam Canal Cruise perhaps 4 or 4:30. I have already bought online tickets
Lombardos - eat around 6 pm
Stadelijk Museum till 10 - this allows about 3 hours
English reform church
Dubbel eaten and drunken: 6 pm
Van Gogh Museum till 10 - allows about 3 hours, maybe I don't need as much time
Hortus Botanicus at 10
Hermitage [will these and other museums be open in the morning? Mobbed?]
Watch gay pride parade outside the Hermitage about 1:30 or 2 for maybe a couple of hours. Not sure if I should mill around after or go to a gay bar or something
Strandzuid for dinner and hanging out around city beach
Back to Citizen M South, cab to Citizen M Schipol
[only comment here - I'd like to have done Beatrixpark and Strandzuid one of the mornings on a weekday, as perhaps it would not nearly be so crowded, but I worried about missing too much of the sightseeing day with this. Hopefully folks will still be around the pride/central area, and in any event this is very convenient as I'll need to be back in this area anyway].
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 2 Cutback on Spain trip
- 3 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 where to stay in London?
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 8 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 9 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 10 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 11 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 12 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 13 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 14 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 15 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 16 driving from ancona to rome
- 17 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 18 Croatia transportation question.
- 19 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 20 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 21 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 22 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 23 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 24 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 25 2017 Easter in Italy