My parents would arrive in Lausanne (from Paris) on Sep 14 at around 5PM. They would have to reach Venice by Sep 18/19th evening. They can walk about 4km on flat land. We would love your inputs on how to make the trip more memorable
Reading through various forum posts, I tentatively planned the following
Sep 14: Stay in Lausanne. Visit the Cathedral/Place de la Palud if time permits?
Sep 15: (start of 4 days Swizz Pass)
Take train to Montreux. Soak the views of Montreux. Take bus to Chillon Castle. 2 hours at Chillon Castle. Take boat back to Veyey and then train back to Lausanne. Collect luggage from Lausanne and head to Grindelwald. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 16: Jungfrau & cruise on Lake Brienz. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 17: Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen
I am unsure about where to stay for Sep 17 and what to do on Sep 18. There are three options that I have thought of
Option 1: Sep 17: Stay in Grindelwald
Sep 18: Train to Venice via shortest route (not very scenic we have heard)
Option 2: Sep 17: Evening train to Zermatt
Sept 18: Matterhorn and train to Dommosodola
Sep 19: To Venice via the long route of Centovalli railway or the shortest route via Milan
Option 3: Sep 17: train to Chur and stay the night
Sep 18: Bernina express and train to Venice/Milan
Is there any other option?
Would love your inputs in resolving our dilemma.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://brainfireadvice.com/novellus-skin-cream/
- 2 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 3 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 4 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 5 dinner jackets
- 6 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 7 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 8 2 weeks Europe trip
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 Piedmont as a destination
- 11 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 12 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 13 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 14 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Cordoba Overnight?
- 17 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 18 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 19 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 20 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 21 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 22 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 23 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 24 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 25 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?