My parents would arrive in Lausanne (from Paris) on Sep 14 at around 5PM. They would have to reach Venice by Sep 18/19th evening. They can walk about 4km on flat land. We would love your inputs on how to make the trip more memorable
Reading through various forum posts, I tentatively planned the following
Sep 14: Stay in Lausanne. Visit the Cathedral/Place de la Palud if time permits?
Sep 15: (start of 4 days Swizz Pass)
Take train to Montreux. Soak the views of Montreux. Take bus to Chillon Castle. 2 hours at Chillon Castle. Take boat back to Veyey and then train back to Lausanne. Collect luggage from Lausanne and head to Grindelwald. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 16: Jungfrau & cruise on Lake Brienz. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 17: Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen
I am unsure about where to stay for Sep 17 and what to do on Sep 18. There are three options that I have thought of
Option 1: Sep 17: Stay in Grindelwald
Sep 18: Train to Venice via shortest route (not very scenic we have heard)
Option 2: Sep 17: Evening train to Zermatt
Sept 18: Matterhorn and train to Dommosodola
Sep 19: To Venice via the long route of Centovalli railway or the shortest route via Milan
Option 3: Sep 17: train to Chur and stay the night
Sep 18: Bernina express and train to Venice/Milan
Is there any other option?
Would love your inputs in resolving our dilemma.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 2 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 3 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 4 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 7 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 8 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 9 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 10 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 11 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 12 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 13 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 14 Appenzell in December?
- 15 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 16 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 17 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 18 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 19 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 20 Traveling in Belgium
- 21 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 22 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 23 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 25 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time