My parents would arrive in Lausanne (from Paris) on Sep 14 at around 5PM. They would have to reach Venice by Sep 18/19th evening. They can walk about 4km on flat land. We would love your inputs on how to make the trip more memorable
Reading through various forum posts, I tentatively planned the following
Sep 14: Stay in Lausanne. Visit the Cathedral/Place de la Palud if time permits?
Sep 15: (start of 4 days Swizz Pass)
Take train to Montreux. Soak the views of Montreux. Take bus to Chillon Castle. 2 hours at Chillon Castle. Take boat back to Veyey and then train back to Lausanne. Collect luggage from Lausanne and head to Grindelwald. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 16: Jungfrau & cruise on Lake Brienz. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 17: Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen
I am unsure about where to stay for Sep 17 and what to do on Sep 18. There are three options that I have thought of
Option 1: Sep 17: Stay in Grindelwald
Sep 18: Train to Venice via shortest route (not very scenic we have heard)
Option 2: Sep 17: Evening train to Zermatt
Sept 18: Matterhorn and train to Dommosodola
Sep 19: To Venice via the long route of Centovalli railway or the shortest route via Milan
Option 3: Sep 17: train to Chur and stay the night
Sep 18: Bernina express and train to Venice/Milan
Is there any other option?
Would love your inputs in resolving our dilemma.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 3 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 4 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 5 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 6 2017 Easter in Italy
- 7 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 8 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 9 Towersey, London
- 10 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 11 Croatia transportation question.
- 12 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 13 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 14 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 15 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 16 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 17 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 18 Westerplatte
- 19 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 20 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 Bernina Express mid-March
- 23 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 24 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 25 Biarritz family holiday