My parents would arrive in Lausanne (from Paris) on Sep 14 at around 5PM. They would have to reach Venice by Sep 18/19th evening. They can walk about 4km on flat land. We would love your inputs on how to make the trip more memorable
Reading through various forum posts, I tentatively planned the following
Sep 14: Stay in Lausanne. Visit the Cathedral/Place de la Palud if time permits?
Sep 15: (start of 4 days Swizz Pass)
Take train to Montreux. Soak the views of Montreux. Take bus to Chillon Castle. 2 hours at Chillon Castle. Take boat back to Veyey and then train back to Lausanne. Collect luggage from Lausanne and head to Grindelwald. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 16: Jungfrau & cruise on Lake Brienz. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 17: Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen
I am unsure about where to stay for Sep 17 and what to do on Sep 18. There are three options that I have thought of
Option 1: Sep 17: Stay in Grindelwald
Sep 18: Train to Venice via shortest route (not very scenic we have heard)
Option 2: Sep 17: Evening train to Zermatt
Sept 18: Matterhorn and train to Dommosodola
Sep 19: To Venice via the long route of Centovalli railway or the shortest route via Milan
Option 3: Sep 17: train to Chur and stay the night
Sep 18: Bernina express and train to Venice/Milan
Is there any other option?
Would love your inputs in resolving our dilemma.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 2 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 3 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 4 penis enlargement cream+27764457572 USA/UK/FLORIDA/DUBAI/BRASIL/UAE
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 8 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 9 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 10 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 11 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 12 Paris Under Seige...
- 13 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 14 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 15 Global Travel Warning...
- 16 What one thing in Paris?
- 17 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 18 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 19 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 20 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 21 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 22 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 23 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 24 6 days in Portugal in December
- 25 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris