My parents would arrive in Lausanne (from Paris) on Sep 14 at around 5PM. They would have to reach Venice by Sep 18/19th evening. They can walk about 4km on flat land. We would love your inputs on how to make the trip more memorable
Reading through various forum posts, I tentatively planned the following
Sep 14: Stay in Lausanne. Visit the Cathedral/Place de la Palud if time permits?
Sep 15: (start of 4 days Swizz Pass)
Take train to Montreux. Soak the views of Montreux. Take bus to Chillon Castle. 2 hours at Chillon Castle. Take boat back to Veyey and then train back to Lausanne. Collect luggage from Lausanne and head to Grindelwald. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 16: Jungfrau & cruise on Lake Brienz. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 17: Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen
I am unsure about where to stay for Sep 17 and what to do on Sep 18. There are three options that I have thought of
Option 1: Sep 17: Stay in Grindelwald
Sep 18: Train to Venice via shortest route (not very scenic we have heard)
Option 2: Sep 17: Evening train to Zermatt
Sept 18: Matterhorn and train to Dommosodola
Sep 19: To Venice via the long route of Centovalli railway or the shortest route via Milan
Option 3: Sep 17: train to Chur and stay the night
Sep 18: Bernina express and train to Venice/Milan
Is there any other option?
Would love your inputs in resolving our dilemma.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 2 Three days in Athens
- 3 Another Visit to London
- 4 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 5 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 6 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 7 Northern Italy
- 8 Where can I get pre-euro banknotes?
- 9 Lucca to Florence with side trips
- 10 Europe in Two Weeks, what is possible?
- 11 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 12 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 13 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 14 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 15 5 Days in Provence
- 16 3 days Venice to Paris
- 17 A 3rd destination to add to trip
- 18 Transportation from Gothenburg airport to the Center
- 19 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 20 Forints or Euros?
- 21 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 22 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 23 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 24 Bus fine Italy
- 25 Another question about the rouble.