My parents would arrive in Lausanne (from Paris) on Sep 14 at around 5PM. They would have to reach Venice by Sep 18/19th evening. They can walk about 4km on flat land. We would love your inputs on how to make the trip more memorable
Reading through various forum posts, I tentatively planned the following
Sep 14: Stay in Lausanne. Visit the Cathedral/Place de la Palud if time permits?
Sep 15: (start of 4 days Swizz Pass)
Take train to Montreux. Soak the views of Montreux. Take bus to Chillon Castle. 2 hours at Chillon Castle. Take boat back to Veyey and then train back to Lausanne. Collect luggage from Lausanne and head to Grindelwald. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 16: Jungfrau & cruise on Lake Brienz. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 17: Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen
I am unsure about where to stay for Sep 17 and what to do on Sep 18. There are three options that I have thought of
Option 1: Sep 17: Stay in Grindelwald
Sep 18: Train to Venice via shortest route (not very scenic we have heard)
Option 2: Sep 17: Evening train to Zermatt
Sept 18: Matterhorn and train to Dommosodola
Sep 19: To Venice via the long route of Centovalli railway or the shortest route via Milan
Option 3: Sep 17: train to Chur and stay the night
Sep 18: Bernina express and train to Venice/Milan
Is there any other option?
Would love your inputs in resolving our dilemma.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 monograms vacation tours
- 3 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 4 UK - Coronation Street Goes to 6 Days a Week...
- 5 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 6 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 7 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 8 Stu Tower
- 9 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 10 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 11 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Crete Holiday
- 14 skopsko beer and shopsko salad. my week in macedonia
- 15 6 Days in Italy
- 16 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 17 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 18 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 19 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 20 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 21 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 22 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 23 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 24 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 25 Single Female Traveler in Italy