My parents would arrive in Lausanne (from Paris) on Sep 14 at around 5PM. They would have to reach Venice by Sep 18/19th evening. They can walk about 4km on flat land. We would love your inputs on how to make the trip more memorable
Reading through various forum posts, I tentatively planned the following
Sep 14: Stay in Lausanne. Visit the Cathedral/Place de la Palud if time permits?
Sep 15: (start of 4 days Swizz Pass)
Take train to Montreux. Soak the views of Montreux. Take bus to Chillon Castle. 2 hours at Chillon Castle. Take boat back to Veyey and then train back to Lausanne. Collect luggage from Lausanne and head to Grindelwald. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 16: Jungfrau & cruise on Lake Brienz. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 17: Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen
I am unsure about where to stay for Sep 17 and what to do on Sep 18. There are three options that I have thought of
Option 1: Sep 17: Stay in Grindelwald
Sep 18: Train to Venice via shortest route (not very scenic we have heard)
Option 2: Sep 17: Evening train to Zermatt
Sept 18: Matterhorn and train to Dommosodola
Sep 19: To Venice via the long route of Centovalli railway or the shortest route via Milan
Option 3: Sep 17: train to Chur and stay the night
Sep 18: Bernina express and train to Venice/Milan
Is there any other option?
Would love your inputs in resolving our dilemma.
4 days between Lausanne and Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada
- 2 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 3 Coffee in Naples
- 4 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 5 22 year olds in Europe
- 6 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 7 A Sardinia trip report
- 8 Eastern Europe
- 9 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 10 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 11 Azores
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 14 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 17 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 18 4 weeks in the UK
- 19 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 20 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 21 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 22 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 23 First time to Switzerland
- 24 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 25 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions