My parents would arrive in Lausanne (from Paris) on Sep 14 at around 5PM. They would have to reach Venice by Sep 18/19th evening. They can walk about 4km on flat land. We would love your inputs on how to make the trip more memorable
Reading through various forum posts, I tentatively planned the following
Sep 14: Stay in Lausanne. Visit the Cathedral/Place de la Palud if time permits?
Sep 15: (start of 4 days Swizz Pass)
Take train to Montreux. Soak the views of Montreux. Take bus to Chillon Castle. 2 hours at Chillon Castle. Take boat back to Veyey and then train back to Lausanne. Collect luggage from Lausanne and head to Grindelwald. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 16: Jungfrau & cruise on Lake Brienz. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 17: Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen
I am unsure about where to stay for Sep 17 and what to do on Sep 18. There are three options that I have thought of
Option 1: Sep 17: Stay in Grindelwald
Sep 18: Train to Venice via shortest route (not very scenic we have heard)
Option 2: Sep 17: Evening train to Zermatt
Sept 18: Matterhorn and train to Dommosodola
Sep 19: To Venice via the long route of Centovalli railway or the shortest route via Milan
Option 3: Sep 17: train to Chur and stay the night
Sep 18: Bernina express and train to Venice/Milan
Is there any other option?
Would love your inputs in resolving our dilemma.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 2 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 3 Barcelona extension
- 4 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 5 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 6 countless numbers of hundreds and hundreds
- 7 15 days trip to Europe
- 8 Turkey fire code problems with building entry doors
- 9 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 10 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 11 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 12 Vuerling airlines
- 13 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 14 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 15 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 16 France for a month in 2017
- 17 RENFE error message during payment
- 18 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 19 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 20 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 21 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 22 Venice Film Fest
- 23 Europe itinerary
- 24 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 25 All of Spain or something else..?