My parents would arrive in Lausanne (from Paris) on Sep 14 at around 5PM. They would have to reach Venice by Sep 18/19th evening. They can walk about 4km on flat land. We would love your inputs on how to make the trip more memorable
Reading through various forum posts, I tentatively planned the following
Sep 14: Stay in Lausanne. Visit the Cathedral/Place de la Palud if time permits?
Sep 15: (start of 4 days Swizz Pass)
Take train to Montreux. Soak the views of Montreux. Take bus to Chillon Castle. 2 hours at Chillon Castle. Take boat back to Veyey and then train back to Lausanne. Collect luggage from Lausanne and head to Grindelwald. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 16: Jungfrau & cruise on Lake Brienz. Night at Grindelwald
Sep 17: Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen
I am unsure about where to stay for Sep 17 and what to do on Sep 18. There are three options that I have thought of
Option 1: Sep 17: Stay in Grindelwald
Sep 18: Train to Venice via shortest route (not very scenic we have heard)
Option 2: Sep 17: Evening train to Zermatt
Sept 18: Matterhorn and train to Dommosodola
Sep 19: To Venice via the long route of Centovalli railway or the shortest route via Milan
Option 3: Sep 17: train to Chur and stay the night
Sep 18: Bernina express and train to Venice/Milan
Is there any other option?
Would love your inputs in resolving our dilemma.
4 days between Lausanne and Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 2 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 3 Day Trips from Paris
- 4 Ireland's west coast
- 5 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 6 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 7 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 8 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 9 South of Switzerland
- 10 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 11 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 12 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 13 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 14 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 15 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 16 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 17 Home Base in Belgium
- 18 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 19 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 20 Rocamaxour
- 21 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 22 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 23 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 Itinerary for Spain