me and my GF just got some realy cheap flight tickets to UK and we are planning short 4 day trip this january (yes, we are used to terrible weather ) and we are looking for a nice town to be accomodated in where we can spend most of the time exploring + maybe a daytrip to some interesting place in surroundings.
What town would you recomend (please not London) not too far from Stansted airport?? I´ve heard about Colchester, Suffolk, Cambridge...or what do you recommend? We would prefer to travel by train or bus, idea of driving on the left scares me ...
Thanks for any ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Petrol in Greece
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 We're here!
- 5 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 6 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 7 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 6-7 Days in France
- 12 International Flight Question
- 13 5 Days in Switzerland
- 14 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 15 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 16 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 17 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 18 Bremerhaven and environs
- 19 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 20 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 21 Spain in July
- 22 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 23 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 24 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 25 Overnight trip from Barcelona