me and my GF just got some realy cheap flight tickets to UK and we are planning short 4 day trip this january (yes, we are used to terrible weather ) and we are looking for a nice town to be accomodated in where we can spend most of the time exploring + maybe a daytrip to some interesting place in surroundings.
What town would you recomend (please not London) not too far from Stansted airport?? I´ve heard about Colchester, Suffolk, Cambridge...or what do you recommend? We would prefer to travel by train or bus, idea of driving on the left scares me ...
Thanks for any ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 2 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 5 London with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 7 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 8 Lake Como AREA questions
- 9 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 10 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 11 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 12 Spain - day driver advice
- 13 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 14 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 15 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 16 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 17 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 20 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 21 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 24 Madrird and Seville
- 25 Greece