me and my GF just got some realy cheap flight tickets to UK and we are planning short 4 day trip this january (yes, we are used to terrible weather ) and we are looking for a nice town to be accomodated in where we can spend most of the time exploring + maybe a daytrip to some interesting place in surroundings.
What town would you recomend (please not London) not too far from Stansted airport?? I´ve heard about Colchester, Suffolk, Cambridge...or what do you recommend? We would prefer to travel by train or bus, idea of driving on the left scares me ...
Thanks for any ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 2 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 5 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 6 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 7 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 8 Last minute trip to Capri
- 9 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 10 AMS Car Rental
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 13 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 14 Where to eat in Rome?
- 15 weekend from cologne germany
- 16 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 17 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 18 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 19 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 20 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 21 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 22 Milan and Lake Como
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 25 One week in Europe