Group of 4: All speak English and Spanish, 1 25year, the other 3 are 45-55. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, AND beaches/sunshine, but not too big on paintings/art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art, especially modern art, museums haha). Want to really hit the "main" tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9am from a transatlantic flight on July 12th. I am leaving for Barcelona (or Madrid? Depends on which flight is cheaper...) 14th at night, or morning of the 15th. That gives me roughly 2.5 days.
POSSIBLE Itinerary, but PLEASE let me know if other attractions are better!
Saturday July 12: The first day we will obviously want to take it light, but still want to explore. Perhaps a free walking tour, e.g. pancho tours or something (http://panchotours.com/tours-Lisbon/FREE-TOURS-LISBON.php). Then, a relaxing, cheap-ish, dinner and sleep!
Sunday July 13: Second day, ~1/2 day to Sintra.... ???? at late afternoon/night. Hop on Tram 28 and sightsee?....Is it possible, or even worth it, to visit feira da ladra? Better alternatives after Sintra? I was thinking Belem, but this would probably be too hectic right?
Monday July 14: Belem in the morning followed by Caiscais (perhaps get some beach time)
We will probably be staying at a private apartment through airbnb, in Bairro alto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Amsterdam hotel
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 Denmark or Sweden?
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 London Hotels
- 10 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 13 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 14 Back from Paris
- 15 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 1 month in Europe
- 18 Paris hotels
- 19 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 20 10 days in Paris and......
- 21 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 22 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 23 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 London-Help Me Spend Money
~3days in Lisbon: Suggestions on the best way to see sights!?