Group of 4: All speak English and Spanish, 1 25year, the other 3 are 45-55. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, AND beaches/sunshine, but not too big on paintings/art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art, especially modern art, museums haha). Want to really hit the "main" tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9am from a transatlantic flight on July 12th. I am leaving for Barcelona (or Madrid? Depends on which flight is cheaper...) 14th at night, or morning of the 15th. That gives me roughly 2.5 days.
POSSIBLE Itinerary, but PLEASE let me know if other attractions are better!
Saturday July 12: The first day we will obviously want to take it light, but still want to explore. Perhaps a free walking tour, e.g. pancho tours or something (http://panchotours.com/tours-Lisbon/FREE-TOURS-LISBON.php). Then, a relaxing, cheap-ish, dinner and sleep!
Sunday July 13: Second day, ~1/2 day to Sintra.... ???? at late afternoon/night. Hop on Tram 28 and sightsee?....Is it possible, or even worth it, to visit feira da ladra? Better alternatives after Sintra? I was thinking Belem, but this would probably be too hectic right?
Monday July 14: Belem in the morning followed by Caiscais (perhaps get some beach time)
We will probably be staying at a private apartment through airbnb, in Bairro alto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 2 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 3 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 4 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 5 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 6 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 7 Time to go through customs London, Stansted
- 8 Another Visit to London
- 9 The Best beach in Europe
- 10 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 11 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 12 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 13 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 14 I am a.tall foodie
- 15 Transportation
- 16 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 17 The suitcases ar going to Provence
- 18 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 19 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 20 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 21 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 22 Help? Berlin (or Prague) dentist
- 23 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 24 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 25 Northern Spain
~3days in Lisbon: Suggestions on the best way to see sights!?