Group of 4: All speak English and Spanish, 1 25year, the other 3 are 45-55. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, AND beaches/sunshine, but not too big on paintings/art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art, especially modern art, museums haha). Want to really hit the "main" tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9am from a transatlantic flight on July 12th. I am leaving for Barcelona (or Madrid? Depends on which flight is cheaper...) 14th at night, or morning of the 15th. That gives me roughly 2.5 days.
POSSIBLE Itinerary, but PLEASE let me know if other attractions are better!
Saturday July 12: The first day we will obviously want to take it light, but still want to explore. Perhaps a free walking tour, e.g. pancho tours or something (http://panchotours.com/tours-Lisbon/FREE-TOURS-LISBON.php). Then, a relaxing, cheap-ish, dinner and sleep!
Sunday July 13: Second day, ~1/2 day to Sintra.... ???? at late afternoon/night. Hop on Tram 28 and sightsee?....Is it possible, or even worth it, to visit feira da ladra? Better alternatives after Sintra? I was thinking Belem, but this would probably be too hectic right?
Monday July 14: Belem in the morning followed by Caiscais (perhaps get some beach time)
We will probably be staying at a private apartment through airbnb, in Bairro alto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 2 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 3 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 4 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 5 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 6 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 7 Loire Valley itinerary
- 8 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 9 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 10 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 11 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 12 Naxos hotel question
- 13 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 14 Family trip to Spain: Barcelona, Seville and San Sebastian
- 15 Poland Tour Group
- 16 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 17 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 18 Europe Itinerary
- 19 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 20 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 21 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 22 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 23 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 24 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 25 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
~3days in Lisbon: Suggestions on the best way to see sights!?