Group of 4: All speak English and Spanish, 1 25year, the other 3 are 45-55. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, AND beaches/sunshine, but not too big on paintings/art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art, especially modern art, museums haha). Want to really hit the "main" tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9am from a transatlantic flight on July 12th. I am leaving for Barcelona (or Madrid? Depends on which flight is cheaper...) 14th at night, or morning of the 15th. That gives me roughly 2.5 days.
POSSIBLE Itinerary, but PLEASE let me know if other attractions are better!
Saturday July 12: The first day we will obviously want to take it light, but still want to explore. Perhaps a free walking tour, e.g. pancho tours or something (http://panchotours.com/tours-Lisbon/FREE-TOURS-LISBON.php). Then, a relaxing, cheap-ish, dinner and sleep!
Sunday July 13: Second day, ~1/2 day to Sintra.... ???? at late afternoon/night. Hop on Tram 28 and sightsee?....Is it possible, or even worth it, to visit feira da ladra? Better alternatives after Sintra? I was thinking Belem, but this would probably be too hectic right?
Monday July 14: Belem in the morning followed by Caiscais (perhaps get some beach time)
We will probably be staying at a private apartment through airbnb, in Bairro alto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WEBROOT 1800:681:7208 installation renewal CONTACT WEBROOT Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 3 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 4 Planning A trip
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Driving through Paris
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Watch Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Watch-Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online. watch
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 14 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 17 Bruges
- 18 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 24 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 25 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
~3days in Lisbon: Suggestions on the best way to see sights!?