Group of 4: All speak English and Spanish, 1 25year, the other 3 are 45-55. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, AND beaches/sunshine, but not too big on paintings/art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art, especially modern art, museums haha). Want to really hit the "main" tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9am from a transatlantic flight on July 12th. I am leaving for Barcelona (or Madrid? Depends on which flight is cheaper...) 14th at night, or morning of the 15th. That gives me roughly 2.5 days.
POSSIBLE Itinerary, but PLEASE let me know if other attractions are better!
Saturday July 12: The first day we will obviously want to take it light, but still want to explore. Perhaps a free walking tour, e.g. pancho tours or something (http://panchotours.com/tours-Lisbon/FREE-TOURS-LISBON.php). Then, a relaxing, cheap-ish, dinner and sleep!
Sunday July 13: Second day, ~1/2 day to Sintra.... ???? at late afternoon/night. Hop on Tram 28 and sightsee?....Is it possible, or even worth it, to visit feira da ladra? Better alternatives after Sintra? I was thinking Belem, but this would probably be too hectic right?
Monday July 14: Belem in the morning followed by Caiscais (perhaps get some beach time)
We will probably be staying at a private apartment through airbnb, in Bairro alto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 2 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 3 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 4 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 5 Paris Under Seige...
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 8 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 9 Global Travel Warning...
- 10 What one thing in Paris?
- 11 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 12 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 13 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 14 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 15 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 16 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 17 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 18 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 19 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 20 6 days in Portugal in December
- 21 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 22 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 23 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 24 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
~3days in Lisbon: Suggestions on the best way to see sights!?