Group of 4: All speak English and Spanish, 1 25year, the other 3 are 45-55. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, AND beaches/sunshine, but not too big on paintings/art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art, especially modern art, museums haha). Want to really hit the "main" tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9am from a transatlantic flight on July 12th. I am leaving for Barcelona (or Madrid? Depends on which flight is cheaper...) 14th at night, or morning of the 15th. That gives me roughly 2.5 days.
POSSIBLE Itinerary, but PLEASE let me know if other attractions are better!
Saturday July 12: The first day we will obviously want to take it light, but still want to explore. Perhaps a free walking tour, e.g. pancho tours or something (http://panchotours.com/tours-Lisbon/FREE-TOURS-LISBON.php). Then, a relaxing, cheap-ish, dinner and sleep!
Sunday July 13: Second day, ~1/2 day to Sintra.... ???? at late afternoon/night. Hop on Tram 28 and sightsee?....Is it possible, or even worth it, to visit feira da ladra? Better alternatives after Sintra? I was thinking Belem, but this would probably be too hectic right?
Monday July 14: Belem in the morning followed by Caiscais (perhaps get some beach time)
We will probably be staying at a private apartment through airbnb, in Bairro alto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 2 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 3 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 4 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 5 weather/ flowers in bloom for a duoro river cruise in March or April
- 6 Barcelona completely overrated
- 7 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 8 I forgot my international driver permit
- 9 Printing Jungfrau Pass
- 10 Lucerne Activities - early October
- 11 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 12 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 13 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 14 Stay away from EF Tours
- 15 5 Days in Dublin
- 16 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 17 Baltic Cruise?
- 18 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 19 Holland Itinerary
- 20 Ireland & Amsterdam
- 21 Northern Italy and a bit of Bavaria, a family trip
- 22 Ordering in a Deli
- 23 Rome Airport Question!
- 24 Adaptors for Belgium
- 25 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
~3days in Lisbon: Suggestions on the best way to see sights!?