Group of 4: All speak English and Spanish, 1 25year, the other 3 are 45-55. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, AND beaches/sunshine, but not too big on paintings/art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art, especially modern art, museums haha). Want to really hit the "main" tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9am from a transatlantic flight on July 12th. I am leaving for Barcelona (or Madrid? Depends on which flight is cheaper...) 14th at night, or morning of the 15th. That gives me roughly 2.5 days.
POSSIBLE Itinerary, but PLEASE let me know if other attractions are better!
Saturday July 12: The first day we will obviously want to take it light, but still want to explore. Perhaps a free walking tour, e.g. pancho tours or something (http://panchotours.com/tours-Lisbon/FREE-TOURS-LISBON.php). Then, a relaxing, cheap-ish, dinner and sleep!
Sunday July 13: Second day, ~1/2 day to Sintra.... ???? at late afternoon/night. Hop on Tram 28 and sightsee?....Is it possible, or even worth it, to visit feira da ladra? Better alternatives after Sintra? I was thinking Belem, but this would probably be too hectic right?
Monday July 14: Belem in the morning followed by Caiscais (perhaps get some beach time)
We will probably be staying at a private apartment through airbnb, in Bairro alto
~3days in Lisbon: Suggestions on the best way to see sights!?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 2 A Greek sojourn
- 3 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 6 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 7 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 10 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 11 Burgundy in May
- 12 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 13 Weekend in Norfolk
- 14 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 15 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 16 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 17 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 18 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 19 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 20 Bregenz or Lindau
- 21 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 22 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 23 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 24 Winter in Paris
- 25 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report