Group of 4: All speak English and Spanish, 1 25year, the other 3 are 45-55. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, AND beaches/sunshine, but not too big on paintings/art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art, especially modern art, museums haha). Want to really hit the "main" tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9am from a transatlantic flight on July 12th. I am leaving for Barcelona (or Madrid? Depends on which flight is cheaper...) 14th at night, or morning of the 15th. That gives me roughly 2.5 days.
POSSIBLE Itinerary, but PLEASE let me know if other attractions are better!
Saturday July 12: The first day we will obviously want to take it light, but still want to explore. Perhaps a free walking tour, e.g. pancho tours or something (http://panchotours.com/tours-Lisbon/FREE-TOURS-LISBON.php). Then, a relaxing, cheap-ish, dinner and sleep!
Sunday July 13: Second day, ~1/2 day to Sintra.... ???? at late afternoon/night. Hop on Tram 28 and sightsee?....Is it possible, or even worth it, to visit feira da ladra? Better alternatives after Sintra? I was thinking Belem, but this would probably be too hectic right?
Monday July 14: Belem in the morning followed by Caiscais (perhaps get some beach time)
We will probably be staying at a private apartment through airbnb, in Bairro alto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Andorra
- 2 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 3 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 4 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 5 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 6 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 7 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 8 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 9 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 10 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 11 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 12 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 13 Paris in November
- 14 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 15 Shorts in South of France?
- 16 Alhambra
- 17 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 18 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 19 Windsor Castle
- 20 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 21 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 22 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary
~3days in Lisbon: Suggestions on the best way to see sights!?