Group of 4: All speak English and Spanish, 1 25year, the other 3 are 45-55. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, AND beaches/sunshine, but not too big on paintings/art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art, especially modern art, museums haha). Want to really hit the "main" tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9am from a transatlantic flight on July 12th. I am leaving for Barcelona (or Madrid? Depends on which flight is cheaper...) 14th at night, or morning of the 15th. That gives me roughly 2.5 days.
POSSIBLE Itinerary, but PLEASE let me know if other attractions are better!
Saturday July 12: The first day we will obviously want to take it light, but still want to explore. Perhaps a free walking tour, e.g. pancho tours or something (http://panchotours.com/tours-Lisbon/FREE-TOURS-LISBON.php). Then, a relaxing, cheap-ish, dinner and sleep!
Sunday July 13: Second day, ~1/2 day to Sintra.... ???? at late afternoon/night. Hop on Tram 28 and sightsee?....Is it possible, or even worth it, to visit feira da ladra? Better alternatives after Sintra? I was thinking Belem, but this would probably be too hectic right?
Monday July 14: Belem in the morning followed by Caiscais (perhaps get some beach time)
We will probably be staying at a private apartment through airbnb, in Bairro alto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 2 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 3 Italian lakes
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 6 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 9 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 10 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 11 Andalucia itinerary help
- 12 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 13 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 14 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 15 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 16 Barcelona
- 17 Planning a European Trip
- 18 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 19 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 20 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 21 Santorini lodging
- 22 Spain and South of France
- 23 Algarve location Help
- 24 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 25 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
~3days in Lisbon: Suggestions on the best way to see sights!?