Group of 4: All speak English and Spanish, 1 25year, the other 3 are 45-55. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, AND beaches/sunshine, but not too big on paintings/art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art, especially modern art, museums haha). Want to really hit the "main" tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
I am arriving in Lisbon at 9am from a transatlantic flight on July 12th. I am leaving for Barcelona (or Madrid? Depends on which flight is cheaper...) 14th at night, or morning of the 15th. That gives me roughly 2.5 days.
POSSIBLE Itinerary, but PLEASE let me know if other attractions are better!
Saturday July 12: The first day we will obviously want to take it light, but still want to explore. Perhaps a free walking tour, e.g. pancho tours or something (http://panchotours.com/tours-Lisbon/FREE-TOURS-LISBON.php). Then, a relaxing, cheap-ish, dinner and sleep!
Sunday July 13: Second day, ~1/2 day to Sintra.... ???? at late afternoon/night. Hop on Tram 28 and sightsee?....Is it possible, or even worth it, to visit feira da ladra? Better alternatives after Sintra? I was thinking Belem, but this would probably be too hectic right?
Monday July 14: Belem in the morning followed by Caiscais (perhaps get some beach time)
We will probably be staying at a private apartment through airbnb, in Bairro alto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 2 Basque country ideas
- 3 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 4 European Cooking Secrets
- 5 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 6 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 7 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 8 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 9 20 Days in Europe
- 10 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 11 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 12 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 13 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 14 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 15 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 16 Travel vs. Babies
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 19 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 20 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 21 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 22 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 23 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 24 First trip to Italy
- 25 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
~3days in Lisbon: Suggestions on the best way to see sights!?