We're a couple in our late 20s and are traveling to Central Europe in August for 3.5 weeks. Just a few questions:
1. I know it's ambitious but the below loop is where we think we'll travel to. We're used to fitting in as much as possible on our holidays so yes, it's a lot to fit in for 3.5 weeks but we don't mind traveling around more to see more places. We'd like to spend a majority of our time in Austria and then just 1-3 days in each city. Will the below loop be possible in terms of travel via bus?
Fly into Vienna
St Stevens cathedral
Bratislava old town
St Elizabeth's church
(Are there other cities in Slovakia worth checking out?)
Budapest Pinball Museum
St. Stephen's Basilica
(Poland may be omitted due to buses and may be replaced with Venice, Italy)
Old Town Stare Mesto
Old Town Square
St. Vitus Cathedral
Fly out of Vienna
2. We looked into a train pass but with the AUD currency conversion the tickets will be quite expensive for us so we think we’ll take buses instead. The buses that we've looked at are very reasonably priced. Do we need to book the buses in advance? Is there a particular bus company we should be looking into? We couldn’t find any buses in Poland so we may omit Poland and go to Venice instead.
3. Any cities in this loop that I've missed that you would suggest adding or maybe a city that should be omitted? Or places that we should check out while we're in these cities?
4. Bonus question : ) recommendations for where I can take the best photos.
Thanks heaps for any assistance and advise!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les Invalides Night Show
- 2 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 3 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 4 barcelona neighborhood
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Which Day?
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 9 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 10 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 13 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 14 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 15 Tracking the Weather
- 16 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 17 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 18 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 19 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 20 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 21 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 22 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 23 Shorts in South of France?
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Europe itinerary help!