We're a couple in our late 20s and are traveling to Central Europe in August for 3.5 weeks. Just a few questions:
1. I know it's ambitious but the below loop is where we think we'll travel to. We're used to fitting in as much as possible on our holidays so yes, it's a lot to fit in for 3.5 weeks but we don't mind traveling around more to see more places. We'd like to spend a majority of our time in Austria and then just 1-3 days in each city. Will the below loop be possible in terms of travel via bus?
Fly into Vienna
St Stevens cathedral
Bratislava old town
St Elizabeth's church
(Are there other cities in Slovakia worth checking out?)
Budapest Pinball Museum
St. Stephen's Basilica
(Poland may be omitted due to buses and may be replaced with Venice, Italy)
Old Town Stare Mesto
Old Town Square
St. Vitus Cathedral
Fly out of Vienna
2. We looked into a train pass but with the AUD currency conversion the tickets will be quite expensive for us so we think we’ll take buses instead. The buses that we've looked at are very reasonably priced. Do we need to book the buses in advance? Is there a particular bus company we should be looking into? We couldn’t find any buses in Poland so we may omit Poland and go to Venice instead.
3. Any cities in this loop that I've missed that you would suggest adding or maybe a city that should be omitted? Or places that we should check out while we're in these cities?
4. Bonus question : ) recommendations for where I can take the best photos.
Thanks heaps for any assistance and advise!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 4 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 5 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 8 Naxos car rental
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 12 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 13 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 14 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 17 Things to do in Brussels
- 18 Short Trip in July
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 21 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 22 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 23 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 24 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 25 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week