We're a couple in our late 20s and are traveling to Central Europe in August for 3.5 weeks. Just a few questions:
1. I know it's ambitious but the below loop is where we think we'll travel to. We're used to fitting in as much as possible on our holidays so yes, it's a lot to fit in for 3.5 weeks but we don't mind traveling around more to see more places. We'd like to spend a majority of our time in Austria and then just 1-3 days in each city. Will the below loop be possible in terms of travel via bus?
Fly into Vienna
St Stevens cathedral
Bratislava old town
St Elizabeth's church
(Are there other cities in Slovakia worth checking out?)
Budapest Pinball Museum
St. Stephen's Basilica
(Poland may be omitted due to buses and may be replaced with Venice, Italy)
Old Town Stare Mesto
Old Town Square
St. Vitus Cathedral
Fly out of Vienna
2. We looked into a train pass but with the AUD currency conversion the tickets will be quite expensive for us so we think we’ll take buses instead. The buses that we've looked at are very reasonably priced. Do we need to book the buses in advance? Is there a particular bus company we should be looking into? We couldn’t find any buses in Poland so we may omit Poland and go to Venice instead.
3. Any cities in this loop that I've missed that you would suggest adding or maybe a city that should be omitted? Or places that we should check out while we're in these cities?
4. Bonus question : ) recommendations for where I can take the best photos.
Thanks heaps for any assistance and advise!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 4 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 5 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini