In early August, I will be flying into Catania (Tuesday very early), and departing from Catania (Friday evening). My home base will be a hotel in Taormina, and I will have a car.
I need recommendations for nearby towns to see and generally speaking things to do. It's important to know the following:
- I would like to spend some time hiking, and have heard Etna can satisfy this craving. One or two hikes would be ideal (nothing more)
- I would like to have a VERY SMALL amount of time at a beach or two; not a huge proportion of the trip, but maybe half a day if there is a nice one
- I don't mind driving at all, so if there are towns 2 hours away, that's fine!
- The priority for my time in Sicilia = exploring and experiencing local small towns and the culture of those towns.
- I've spent an afternoon in Taormina once. Do I need more than a day of this trip exploring?
I've posted on here before on this topic, but I'm looking for the equivelant of my trip 2 years ago in Tuscany, where I used Montalcino as a base and explored all the small tuscan towns.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ESET @ Installation renewal CONTACT☎ 18006817208 ESET Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 ESET @ Installation renewal CONTACT☎ 18006817208 ESET Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 4 YAHOO 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 5 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 8 Iceland
- 9 Venice/Mestre
- 10 Quizz !
- 11 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 12 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 13 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 14 Our future trip to Greece
- 15 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 16 Russia in two weeks in December
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Christmas Day in Granada
- 19 car insurance italy
- 20 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 21 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 22 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 23 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 24 Transylvania - June 2018
- 25 Italy Car Scam