I've been reading the wise advice found here and now I'm all "tonfused" as my youngest used to say.
We have to be in Florence for 4 days in the middle of May. We have the month blocked off. If you could do anything, what else would you do?
We have three boys 8. 9. & 11 (very good and interested travelers as long as we don't take them to a church or museum every single second).
We are now considering...
A) 2 weeks in Italy, then 2 weeks in N. Spain (to continue working on Spanish)
B) 2 weeks in Italy then drive up through Austria, lower Germany, Switzerland...(DH has driven it before and we drove Southern Spain effectively and were all humored by the experience, and loved the scenery)
C) drive along the French Riviera on the way to San Sebastian and spend less time in Spain
D) Just stay in Italy?
We are home schooling this year, so we have more time than next year when we return to a regular schedule. So it's a bit of a bouquet trip on the end of our year together. Part of me wants them to see as much as we can - while we are there - who knows when we will go back and we don't just love crowds and we are hoping May is a bit less than summer. We are also immerse-in-the-experience people over checkmarks-on-every-single-historical-site people.
And we are supposed to leave in 12 days. Ha! Nothing like good planning. We have a chronically ill family member, so we never really think we're going until we are there - so last minute is nothing new.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 is black forest worth itself in october?
- 2 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 3 Scotland: Summer Days in Skye
- 4 Italy Itinerary Help!
- 5 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 6 Italy Itinerary: Rome and Amalfi
- 7 Luggage on trains/security?
- 8 Early flight from Nice
- 9 Norwegian air
- 10 best way to travel from Budapest airport
- 11 Itinerary suggestion for 5-6 days between San Sebastian and Barcelona
- 12 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 13 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 14 Portugal/Spain trip--April or June?
- 15 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 16 help with 21 days-croatia
- 17 London Paris
- 18 14 days in Greece
- 19 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 20 Amsterdam to Zurich
- 21 Is there a train from Warsaw to Vilnius or elsewhere in Lithuania?
- 22 Norwegian natives: Where can I get a Grandiosa Pizza?!
- 23 toulouse - how is driving and parking
- 24 What clothes?
- 25 How many times have you vacationed in Europe?
32 days in May in Italy and...? where would you go? what would you do?