I've been reading the wise advice found here and now I'm all "tonfused" as my youngest used to say.
We have to be in Florence for 4 days in the middle of May. We have the month blocked off. If you could do anything, what else would you do?
We have three boys 8. 9. & 11 (very good and interested travelers as long as we don't take them to a church or museum every single second).
We are now considering...
A) 2 weeks in Italy, then 2 weeks in N. Spain (to continue working on Spanish)
B) 2 weeks in Italy then drive up through Austria, lower Germany, Switzerland...(DH has driven it before and we drove Southern Spain effectively and were all humored by the experience, and loved the scenery)
C) drive along the French Riviera on the way to San Sebastian and spend less time in Spain
D) Just stay in Italy?
We are home schooling this year, so we have more time than next year when we return to a regular schedule. So it's a bit of a bouquet trip on the end of our year together. Part of me wants them to see as much as we can - while we are there - who knows when we will go back and we don't just love crowds and we are hoping May is a bit less than summer. We are also immerse-in-the-experience people over checkmarks-on-every-single-historical-site people.
And we are supposed to leave in 12 days. Ha! Nothing like good planning. We have a chronically ill family member, so we never really think we're going until we are there - so last minute is nothing new.
32 days in May in Italy and...? where would you go? what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting cash in Spain
- 2 Germany Visa for conference
- 3 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 4 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 5 First Time Going to Europe
- 6 How long in Venice?
- 7 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 8 Message for Ackislander
- 9 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 10 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 11 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 12 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 13 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 14 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 15 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 16 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 17 atm cards in Spain
- 18 Traditional food in Athens
- 19 Would it be less expensive to buy a SIM card for Italy?
- 20 Cotswolds village base
- 21 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 22 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 23 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 24 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 25 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers