I've been reading the wise advice found here and now I'm all "tonfused" as my youngest used to say.
We have to be in Florence for 4 days in the middle of May. We have the month blocked off. If you could do anything, what else would you do?
We have three boys 8. 9. & 11 (very good and interested travelers as long as we don't take them to a church or museum every single second).
We are now considering...
A) 2 weeks in Italy, then 2 weeks in N. Spain (to continue working on Spanish)
B) 2 weeks in Italy then drive up through Austria, lower Germany, Switzerland...(DH has driven it before and we drove Southern Spain effectively and were all humored by the experience, and loved the scenery)
C) drive along the French Riviera on the way to San Sebastian and spend less time in Spain
D) Just stay in Italy?
We are home schooling this year, so we have more time than next year when we return to a regular schedule. So it's a bit of a bouquet trip on the end of our year together. Part of me wants them to see as much as we can - while we are there - who knows when we will go back and we don't just love crowds and we are hoping May is a bit less than summer. We are also immerse-in-the-experience people over checkmarks-on-every-single-historical-site people.
And we are supposed to leave in 12 days. Ha! Nothing like good planning. We have a chronically ill family member, so we never really think we're going until we are there - so last minute is nothing new.
32 days in May in Italy and...? where would you go? what would you do?
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 One more last question on Bayeux
- 3 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 4 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 7 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 10 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 11 Trip around Spain
- 12 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 13 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 14 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 15 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 16 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 17 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 18 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 19 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 20 Medieval Tallinn
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia