I've been reading the wise advice found here and now I'm all "tonfused" as my youngest used to say.
We have to be in Florence for 4 days in the middle of May. We have the month blocked off. If you could do anything, what else would you do?
We have three boys 8. 9. & 11 (very good and interested travelers as long as we don't take them to a church or museum every single second).
We are now considering...
A) 2 weeks in Italy, then 2 weeks in N. Spain (to continue working on Spanish)
B) 2 weeks in Italy then drive up through Austria, lower Germany, Switzerland...(DH has driven it before and we drove Southern Spain effectively and were all humored by the experience, and loved the scenery)
C) drive along the French Riviera on the way to San Sebastian and spend less time in Spain
D) Just stay in Italy?
We are home schooling this year, so we have more time than next year when we return to a regular schedule. So it's a bit of a bouquet trip on the end of our year together. Part of me wants them to see as much as we can - while we are there - who knows when we will go back and we don't just love crowds and we are hoping May is a bit less than summer. We are also immerse-in-the-experience people over checkmarks-on-every-single-historical-site people.
And we are supposed to leave in 12 days. Ha! Nothing like good planning. We have a chronically ill family member, so we never really think we're going until we are there - so last minute is nothing new.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thinking about the Fjords
- 2 Athens Help
- 3 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 4 Rome to Venice
- 5 Alitala
- 6 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 7 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 8 Bordeaux to Nice
- 9 Whathello Paris
- 10 Trains in Italy
- 11 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 12 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 13 One free day in Barcelona
- 14 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 15 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 16 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 17 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 18 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 19 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Travel in Europe
- 22 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 23 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 24 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 25 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
32 days in May in Italy and...? where would you go? what would you do?