I've been reading the wise advice found here and now I'm all "tonfused" as my youngest used to say.
We have to be in Florence for 4 days in the middle of May. We have the month blocked off. If you could do anything, what else would you do?
We have three boys 8. 9. & 11 (very good and interested travelers as long as we don't take them to a church or museum every single second).
We are now considering...
A) 2 weeks in Italy, then 2 weeks in N. Spain (to continue working on Spanish)
B) 2 weeks in Italy then drive up through Austria, lower Germany, Switzerland...(DH has driven it before and we drove Southern Spain effectively and were all humored by the experience, and loved the scenery)
C) drive along the French Riviera on the way to San Sebastian and spend less time in Spain
D) Just stay in Italy?
We are home schooling this year, so we have more time than next year when we return to a regular schedule. So it's a bit of a bouquet trip on the end of our year together. Part of me wants them to see as much as we can - while we are there - who knows when we will go back and we don't just love crowds and we are hoping May is a bit less than summer. We are also immerse-in-the-experience people over checkmarks-on-every-single-historical-site people.
And we are supposed to leave in 12 days. Ha! Nothing like good planning. We have a chronically ill family member, so we never really think we're going until we are there - so last minute is nothing new.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 2 DVD burning software
- 3 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 4 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 5 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 6 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 7 Train travel
- 8 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 9 WWI Battlefields
- 10 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 14 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Iceland 3 day layover
- 17 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 18 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 21 Milos beach stay
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 24 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 25 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
32 days in May in Italy and...? where would you go? what would you do?