I've been reading the wise advice found here and now I'm all "tonfused" as my youngest used to say.
We have to be in Florence for 4 days in the middle of May. We have the month blocked off. If you could do anything, what else would you do?
We have three boys 8. 9. & 11 (very good and interested travelers as long as we don't take them to a church or museum every single second).
We are now considering...
A) 2 weeks in Italy, then 2 weeks in N. Spain (to continue working on Spanish)
B) 2 weeks in Italy then drive up through Austria, lower Germany, Switzerland...(DH has driven it before and we drove Southern Spain effectively and were all humored by the experience, and loved the scenery)
C) drive along the French Riviera on the way to San Sebastian and spend less time in Spain
D) Just stay in Italy?
We are home schooling this year, so we have more time than next year when we return to a regular schedule. So it's a bit of a bouquet trip on the end of our year together. Part of me wants them to see as much as we can - while we are there - who knows when we will go back and we don't just love crowds and we are hoping May is a bit less than summer. We are also immerse-in-the-experience people over checkmarks-on-every-single-historical-site people.
And we are supposed to leave in 12 days. Ha! Nothing like good planning. We have a chronically ill family member, so we never really think we're going until we are there - so last minute is nothing new.
32 days in May in Italy and...? where would you go? what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 2 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 3 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 4 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 5 9 days in turkey
- 6 Burg Eltz
- 7 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 8 Germany-berlin marathon
- 9 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 10 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 11 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 12 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 13 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 14 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 15 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 16 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 17 itinerary help
- 18 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 19 Nice Video about Poland
- 20 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 21 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 22 Reims for a day
- 23 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 24 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 25 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?