I've been reading the wise advice found here and now I'm all "tonfused" as my youngest used to say.
We have to be in Florence for 4 days in the middle of May. We have the month blocked off. If you could do anything, what else would you do?
We have three boys 8. 9. & 11 (very good and interested travelers as long as we don't take them to a church or museum every single second).
We are now considering...
A) 2 weeks in Italy, then 2 weeks in N. Spain (to continue working on Spanish)
B) 2 weeks in Italy then drive up through Austria, lower Germany, Switzerland...(DH has driven it before and we drove Southern Spain effectively and were all humored by the experience, and loved the scenery)
C) drive along the French Riviera on the way to San Sebastian and spend less time in Spain
D) Just stay in Italy?
We are home schooling this year, so we have more time than next year when we return to a regular schedule. So it's a bit of a bouquet trip on the end of our year together. Part of me wants them to see as much as we can - while we are there - who knows when we will go back and we don't just love crowds and we are hoping May is a bit less than summer. We are also immerse-in-the-experience people over checkmarks-on-every-single-historical-site people.
And we are supposed to leave in 12 days. Ha! Nothing like good planning. We have a chronically ill family member, so we never really think we're going until we are there - so last minute is nothing new.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 2 Please help with 7 day itinerary for Croatia
- 3 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 4 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 5 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 6 Where is the best place/area to stay in Athens?
- 7 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 8 Italy - best two central locations
- 9 Vet my itinerary
- 10 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 11 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 12 Paris - Rome
- 13 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 14 Planning a trip to Turkey
- 15 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 16 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 17 Antiques shopping Rome
- 18 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 19 8 days in switzerland
- 20 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 21 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 22 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 23 12 Days in Italy
- 24 Health insurance coverage
- 25 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
32 days in May in Italy and...? where would you go? what would you do?