I've been reading the wise advice found here and now I'm all "tonfused" as my youngest used to say.
We have to be in Florence for 4 days in the middle of May. We have the month blocked off. If you could do anything, what else would you do?
We have three boys 8. 9. & 11 (very good and interested travelers as long as we don't take them to a church or museum every single second).
We are now considering...
A) 2 weeks in Italy, then 2 weeks in N. Spain (to continue working on Spanish)
B) 2 weeks in Italy then drive up through Austria, lower Germany, Switzerland...(DH has driven it before and we drove Southern Spain effectively and were all humored by the experience, and loved the scenery)
C) drive along the French Riviera on the way to San Sebastian and spend less time in Spain
D) Just stay in Italy?
We are home schooling this year, so we have more time than next year when we return to a regular schedule. So it's a bit of a bouquet trip on the end of our year together. Part of me wants them to see as much as we can - while we are there - who knows when we will go back and we don't just love crowds and we are hoping May is a bit less than summer. We are also immerse-in-the-experience people over checkmarks-on-every-single-historical-site people.
And we are supposed to leave in 12 days. Ha! Nothing like good planning. We have a chronically ill family member, so we never really think we're going until we are there - so last minute is nothing new.
32 days in May in Italy and...? where would you go? what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 2 Small group for Colosseum
- 3 Spain/Costa de Sol Please identify picture
- 4 London visit
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 8 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 9 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 10 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 11 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 12 men's shoes spain
- 13 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 14 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 15 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 16 Edinburgh GTG, April?
- 17 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 18 21 Days in Central Europe
- 19 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 20 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 21 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 22 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 23 Your thoughts on location of apt in Cimiez area of Nice, France,
- 24 Three days in Spain
- 25 Water taxi reservations in Venice