It is my parents 30th anniversary next June and my siblings and I want to plan a trip for them and give it to them as a combo christmas/anniversary gift in December. My mom has mentioned that she has always wanted to travel to the Cotswolds in England so I thought it would be nice to send them there for about a week. I am in the very early stages of planning it. They will most likely travel in July or August. My sisters wedding is in June so that wont work. We have gone to London before but only got to see the city...we did not do any day trips to nearby sites (i.e. Stonehenge, Oxford, Bath, etc.) therefore I thought it would be good to use Bath as home base for 3 nights to see sites around there before staying in the Cotswolds for 3-4 nights. Does this sounds reasonable? Is there enough to see in that amount of days? Which town should they stay in the Cotswolds? Also can this be done by public transportation easily...I dont think they will want to drive a car? My dad also enjoys golfing so if there is a good (and reasonably priced) golf course in the area that would be helpful as well. Any recommendations of sites to see and places to stay would be helpful. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 2 Poland to Austria In December
- 3 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 4 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 5 Best Neck Pillow
- 6 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 7 Using RenaultUSA.com
- 8 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 barcelona neighborhood
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 Italy travel plan help
- 16 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 17 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 18 Alsace to Austria?
- 19 road trip through scotland
- 20 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 21 Wales
- 22 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 23 Tieks for travel
- 24 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 25 Where to eat in Rome?