It is my parents 30th anniversary next June and my siblings and I want to plan a trip for them and give it to them as a combo christmas/anniversary gift in December. My mom has mentioned that she has always wanted to travel to the Cotswolds in England so I thought it would be nice to send them there for about a week. I am in the very early stages of planning it. They will most likely travel in July or August. My sisters wedding is in June so that wont work. We have gone to London before but only got to see the city...we did not do any day trips to nearby sites (i.e. Stonehenge, Oxford, Bath, etc.) therefore I thought it would be good to use Bath as home base for 3 nights to see sites around there before staying in the Cotswolds for 3-4 nights. Does this sounds reasonable? Is there enough to see in that amount of days? Which town should they stay in the Cotswolds? Also can this be done by public transportation easily...I dont think they will want to drive a car? My dad also enjoys golfing so if there is a good (and reasonably priced) golf course in the area that would be helpful as well. Any recommendations of sites to see and places to stay would be helpful. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 2 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 3 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 6 How to rent a car
- 7 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 8 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 9 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 10 Day trips from Florence
- 11 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 12 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 13 St Denis Cathedral
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Perugia
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 Paris in September
- 20 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 25 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now