It is my parents 30th anniversary next June and my siblings and I want to plan a trip for them and give it to them as a combo christmas/anniversary gift in December. My mom has mentioned that she has always wanted to travel to the Cotswolds in England so I thought it would be nice to send them there for about a week. I am in the very early stages of planning it. They will most likely travel in July or August. My sisters wedding is in June so that wont work. We have gone to London before but only got to see the city...we did not do any day trips to nearby sites (i.e. Stonehenge, Oxford, Bath, etc.) therefore I thought it would be good to use Bath as home base for 3 nights to see sites around there before staying in the Cotswolds for 3-4 nights. Does this sounds reasonable? Is there enough to see in that amount of days? Which town should they stay in the Cotswolds? Also can this be done by public transportation easily...I dont think they will want to drive a car? My dad also enjoys golfing so if there is a good (and reasonably priced) golf course in the area that would be helpful as well. Any recommendations of sites to see and places to stay would be helpful. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Flight Question
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 6 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 7 6-7 Days in France
- 8 Dijon in December!
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 11 We're here!
- 12 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 13 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 14 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 15 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Korean Messages
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Amalfi Coast - help!