This is my first time posting and also our first time traveling through Europe! My partner and I are landing in London first week of Sept (one way ticket booked via Air New Zealand) and planning to explore for 5 weeks. The return ticket has not yet been booked. We are in our mid-30s & have never traveled internationally. I know, crazy, right? So our top countries are UK, France, Italy & Ireland. We would love to see Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Spain & Greece as well but we only have 5 weeks & we know it's not realistic to experience the culture, etc., if we squeeze everything in. As mentioned, this is our first time and although I've done a bit of research (travel books), I would appreciate any feedback on best routes, hidden gems, transportation info, tips, etc and any valuable info you might have for 2 people wanting to experience the most in 5 weeks. We love architecture, food, wine, romancing each other (hahaha it's true!) and art. We also like to relax & not feel too rushed. Our budget is low to moderate & although we don't plan to stay in hostels, we're keeping it lean as far as hotels & food expenses. Any recommendations on those are also appreciated! Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond!
30s & first time in Europe!
- 1 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 2 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 3 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 4 Traveling within Italy
- 5 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 8 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 11 Madrid to Sevilla
- 12 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 13 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 14 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 15 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 16 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport
- 17 Venice - canoeing / kayaking
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 21 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 22 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Travel by train or bus
- 25 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome