This is my first time posting and also our first time traveling through Europe! My partner and I are landing in London first week of Sept (one way ticket booked via Air New Zealand) and planning to explore for 5 weeks. The return ticket has not yet been booked. We are in our mid-30s & have never traveled internationally. I know, crazy, right? So our top countries are UK, France, Italy & Ireland. We would love to see Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Spain & Greece as well but we only have 5 weeks & we know it's not realistic to experience the culture, etc., if we squeeze everything in. As mentioned, this is our first time and although I've done a bit of research (travel books), I would appreciate any feedback on best routes, hidden gems, transportation info, tips, etc and any valuable info you might have for 2 people wanting to experience the most in 5 weeks. We love architecture, food, wine, romancing each other (hahaha it's true!) and art. We also like to relax & not feel too rushed. Our budget is low to moderate & although we don't plan to stay in hostels, we're keeping it lean as far as hotels & food expenses. Any recommendations on those are also appreciated! Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond!
30s & first time in Europe!
- 1 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 2 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 3 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 4 Car in Prague
- 5 Rome Accommodation
- 6 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 7 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 8 Istanbul hotels
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 10 2 Week European Itinerary
- 11 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 12 TGV and Provence questions
- 13 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 16 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 17 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 21 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 22 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 23 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 24 Family European winter holiday
- 25 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?