I am in need of some help. My family and I would like to spend 30 days in France this summer, but I am having a slight issue of where we should stay. If it was my husband and I, we would explore and just hop from city to city. However, we are taking our young kids on this adventure. They are 6 years of age and almost 2 years old. Our priority is them. I want them to enjoy themselves as well as expose them to a different culture. We will be traveling from the US. I must admit this is last minute, but it is a one of a lifetime opportunity and I want to make it happen. Please help and provide input of where we should stay and maybe top 3/4 cities that we must visit. My husband is saying we should just find one place to stay and just take day trips to the other cities. But, France is a big country and doing day trips with kids, wouldn't be fun. Sorry for the length of the post. Just want to provide enough info. Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 month in Europe
- 2 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 8 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 LIsbon
- 12 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 London Hotels
- 15 Iceland in 7 days.
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 18 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 19 Luggage Storage
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Paris hotels
- 23 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?