Hello, all –
I would really appreciate your thoughts on my proposed 30-day trip to Croatia and surrounding areas. I posted before, but it was a very long post that I neglected to tag for Croatia. So here is a shorter version.
Day 1 (mid- to late May): Leave the US (overnight flight)
Day 2-3: Sarajevo (2 nights)
Day 4: Mostar (1 night)
Day 5-7: Dubrovnik (3 nights, day trip to Kotor)
Day 8: Korcula (1 night)
Day 9: Split (1 night)
Day 10-11: Stari Grad and Hvar Town (2 nights)
Day 12: Trogir (1 night)
Day 13-14: Sibenik (2 nights)
Day 15: Zadar (1 night)
Day 16: Rab Town (1 night)
Day 17: Lovran (1 night)
Day 18: Rovinj (1 night)
Day 19: Porec, one or more hill towns, and Pazin (1 night)
Day 20: More hill towns and Plitvice (1 night)
Day 21: Cigoc (1 night)
Day 22: Varazdin (1 night)
Day 23-25: Zagreb (3 nights)
Day 26-27: Ljubljana (2 nights)
Day 28-29: Lake Bled (2 nights)
Day 30: Flight home.
I’m a little concerned about the length of the trip, because I normally aim for 3 or 3.5 weeks, but I decided to consider this longer trip because I am so excited about the things I’ll be able to see. What should I consider doing differently, and why? How could I make even better use of my time? Any and all comments are welcome.
Thanks so much!
P.S. For those of you who want to see the more detailed itinerary and for some context about me, see:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 2 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 One Way... trust or bust?
- 5 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 6 However, once you've gotten
- 7 American Style Restaurants in London
- 8 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 9 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 10 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 11 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 12 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 13 Walking GPS?
- 14 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 15 July 2-5, 2012 Int'l Philosphy Conference at Assos, Turkey (near Troy)
- 16 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 17 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 18 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 19 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 20 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 21 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 22 Portugal trains
- 23 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 24 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 25 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
Hello, all –