Hello, all –
I would really appreciate your thoughts on my proposed 30-day trip to Croatia and surrounding areas. I posted before, but it was a very long post that I neglected to tag for Croatia. So here is a shorter version.
Day 1 (mid- to late May): Leave the US (overnight flight)
Day 2-3: Sarajevo (2 nights)
Day 4: Mostar (1 night)
Day 5-7: Dubrovnik (3 nights, day trip to Kotor)
Day 8: Korcula (1 night)
Day 9: Split (1 night)
Day 10-11: Stari Grad and Hvar Town (2 nights)
Day 12: Trogir (1 night)
Day 13-14: Sibenik (2 nights)
Day 15: Zadar (1 night)
Day 16: Rab Town (1 night)
Day 17: Lovran (1 night)
Day 18: Rovinj (1 night)
Day 19: Porec, one or more hill towns, and Pazin (1 night)
Day 20: More hill towns and Plitvice (1 night)
Day 21: Cigoc (1 night)
Day 22: Varazdin (1 night)
Day 23-25: Zagreb (3 nights)
Day 26-27: Ljubljana (2 nights)
Day 28-29: Lake Bled (2 nights)
Day 30: Flight home.
I’m a little concerned about the length of the trip, because I normally aim for 3 or 3.5 weeks, but I decided to consider this longer trip because I am so excited about the things I’ll be able to see. What should I consider doing differently, and why? How could I make even better use of my time? Any and all comments are welcome.
Thanks so much!
P.S. For those of you who want to see the more detailed itinerary and for some context about me, see:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 Lake Como,Italy
- 3 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 4 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 5 People visiting Slovenia
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Valencia Spain
- 8 Language to use in Belgium
- 9 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 10 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 11 Germany-Car or Train
- 12 Visiting Zurich
- 13 Brussels flower tapestry
- 14 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 15 Places to visit from Zurich
- 16 SURPRISE TRIP
- 17 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 18 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 23 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 24 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 25 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
Hello, all –