Just hoping to get some tips from you Spain experts on our itinerary. We are a group of 5 friends from Canada where 2 are fluent in Spanish. We will be there Aug 22-Sep 22. We all have backpacking experience but have never been to Europe. We are early 20s, and the adventurous type (i.e., hiking, camping parties, trying local/street foods). None of us are foodies or fans of art, and are also not huge into lounging on the beach or going to tourist traps.
We will have a car rented from Granada onwards.
We made a tough call to forego Portugal and Asturias/Galicia for a future trip for fear of cramming too much into too little time.
Madrid - 3 days (day trip to Segovia, touring the city)
Valencia - 3 days (La Tomatina and exploring the city)
Ibiza - 3 days (needless to say )
Granada - 4 days (Alhambra, Alpujarras and possibly Sierra Nevada, explore city)
Tangier/Gibraltar - 2 days (hike Rock of Gibraltar and day trip around Moroccan market)
Jerez de la Frontera & Cadiz - 1 day (winery tour and visit the port)
Seville - 4 days (check out Torresol, Pueblos Blancos, Ronda, see a Flamenco show)
Cordoba - day trip
Long haul drive to San Sebastian - 1 day (Maybe overnighting in a tent in one of the national parks)
cross the Pyrenees - 4 days (stopping in Pau, Gavarnie, Ordesa Canyon National Park, Besalu)
Costa Brava - 3 days (Peratallaba, Aigua Blava, Callala de Palafrugell) - 2 days
Barcelona - 3 days
Thank you very much in advance.
PS: We are debating whether to go for hostels or AirBnB. Given or group size, AirBNB is more bang for the buck, but we fear we would miss out on the traveller interaction. Anybody have first hand advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 2 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 3 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 4 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 7 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 8 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 10 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 11 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 12 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 15 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 17 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 18 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 19 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 20 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 21 WWI Battlefields
- 22 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 23 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 24 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip