Just hoping to get some tips from you Spain experts on our itinerary. We are a group of 5 friends from Canada where 2 are fluent in Spanish. We will be there Aug 22-Sep 22. We all have backpacking experience but have never been to Europe. We are early 20s, and the adventurous type (i.e., hiking, camping parties, trying local/street foods). None of us are foodies or fans of art, and are also not huge into lounging on the beach or going to tourist traps.
We will have a car rented from Granada onwards.
We made a tough call to forego Portugal and Asturias/Galicia for a future trip for fear of cramming too much into too little time.
Madrid - 3 days (day trip to Segovia, touring the city)
Valencia - 3 days (La Tomatina and exploring the city)
Ibiza - 3 days (needless to say )
Granada - 4 days (Alhambra, Alpujarras and possibly Sierra Nevada, explore city)
Tangier/Gibraltar - 2 days (hike Rock of Gibraltar and day trip around Moroccan market)
Jerez de la Frontera & Cadiz - 1 day (winery tour and visit the port)
Seville - 4 days (check out Torresol, Pueblos Blancos, Ronda, see a Flamenco show)
Cordoba - day trip
Long haul drive to San Sebastian - 1 day (Maybe overnighting in a tent in one of the national parks)
cross the Pyrenees - 4 days (stopping in Pau, Gavarnie, Ordesa Canyon National Park, Besalu)
Costa Brava - 3 days (Peratallaba, Aigua Blava, Callala de Palafrugell) - 2 days
Barcelona - 3 days
Thank you very much in advance.
PS: We are debating whether to go for hostels or AirBnB. Given or group size, AirBNB is more bang for the buck, but we fear we would miss out on the traveller interaction. Anybody have first hand advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 önl!ne BELLSOUTH Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 Bellsouth 24*7
- 2 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 3 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 4 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 TIM in FCO - update
- 7 Scotland - We're Here!
- 8 Train / Calabria
- 9 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 10 16 days in France and Italy
- 11 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 12 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 13 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 14 Itinery help Crete
- 15 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 16 Lisbon - a few tips
- 17 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 18 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 19 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 20 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 21 Avoid Europcar!
- 22 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 23 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 24 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 25 European Vacation 2017