Just hoping to get some tips from you Spain experts on our itinerary. We are a group of 5 friends from Canada where 2 are fluent in Spanish. We will be there Aug 22-Sep 22. We all have backpacking experience but have never been to Europe. We are early 20s, and the adventurous type (i.e., hiking, camping parties, trying local/street foods). None of us are foodies or fans of art, and are also not huge into lounging on the beach or going to tourist traps.
We will have a car rented from Granada onwards.
We made a tough call to forego Portugal and Asturias/Galicia for a future trip for fear of cramming too much into too little time.
Madrid - 3 days (day trip to Segovia, touring the city)
Valencia - 3 days (La Tomatina and exploring the city)
Ibiza - 3 days (needless to say )
Granada - 4 days (Alhambra, Alpujarras and possibly Sierra Nevada, explore city)
Tangier/Gibraltar - 2 days (hike Rock of Gibraltar and day trip around Moroccan market)
Jerez de la Frontera & Cadiz - 1 day (winery tour and visit the port)
Seville - 4 days (check out Torresol, Pueblos Blancos, Ronda, see a Flamenco show)
Cordoba - day trip
Long haul drive to San Sebastian - 1 day (Maybe overnighting in a tent in one of the national parks)
cross the Pyrenees - 4 days (stopping in Pau, Gavarnie, Ordesa Canyon National Park, Besalu)
Costa Brava - 3 days (Peratallaba, Aigua Blava, Callala de Palafrugell) - 2 days
Barcelona - 3 days
Thank you very much in advance.
PS: We are debating whether to go for hostels or AirBnB. Given or group size, AirBNB is more bang for the buck, but we fear we would miss out on the traveller interaction. Anybody have first hand advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 Which Train Station in Venice
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 5 Uber vs. TfL
- 6 What fresh hell is this?
- 7 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 8 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Berlin
- 12 Bordeaux to Nice
- 13 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 14 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 15 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 16 SE ITALY
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 One free day in Barcelona
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 23 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna