I think I finally have an outline for this trip, but I was hoping to get some advice to avoid any potential pitfalls. We haven't bought airline tickets yet, but have been watching prices and will likely do so very soon Here's what I have so far. Please tell me if there is something obvious I am overlooking.
Fly into Heathrow. Catch Oxford Bus:
2 nights: Hang out in Oxford for while getting over jet lag.
1 night: Rent car and head to Hay-on-Wye for an overnight. (My wife is a bibliophile and absolutely insisted. She also said I probably didn't want to let her spend two days there.)
3-4 nights: Farmstay in North Wales. (Must have horses. My daughter is nuts for horses. Collies would be a definite plus.)
3 nights: Edinburgh (I assume we'll pretty much leave the car parked somewhere while we're here.)
2 nights: Glencoe and around
3 nights: Isle of Skye. Then, drive to Inverness and drop off car at the airport. Fly to London. (Will book shortly after buying the main ticket)
4-5 nights: London (and then Eurostar to Paris, but that's another post...)
Some data about us, if it helps: We are ~40, casual walkers but not trekkers. My wife is a bibliophile and also loves beaches and good food. My daughter is 6, loves horses, dogs, trains, boats, and running around. I have a particular interest in ruins and prehistoric sites. We are fine with cities, but not really nightlife people (especially not with a 6 year-old in tow).
A few other things. This schedule has us going through Hay-on-Wye well before the Festival there - this was on purpose. My one major concern is that it looks like we'll be on the Isle of Skye during the bank holiday. i assume I should book early to account for this?
Thanks for the patience with the stupid questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 나눔로또 파워볼 ≪접속주소 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 3 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 4 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 5 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 6 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 7 2 days in Lugano area
- 8 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 9 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 10 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 11 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 12 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 13 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Help on ancient history route
- 16 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 17 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 18 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 19 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 20 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 21 Switzerland in October
- 22 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 23 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 24 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 25 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017