My younger brother and I just bought round-trip tickets to barcelona for august. We have three weeks and not-too-big a budget. Ideally, we'd like to go from barcelona to paris, paris to rome, then back to barcelona (and from each of those cities, some trips to smaller cities).
Any suggestions on what other cities to hit?
And more importantly, what is the absolute cheapest way to get from barcelona to paris, paris to rome, and rome to barcelona? Is a eurail pass worth it even w/ the likely reservation fees for these inter-country trips? Or should I just be looking out for cheap flights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Train travel to and from Paris
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 5 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 6 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 7 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 8 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 9 Driving in Italy
- 10 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 11 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 12 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 13 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 14 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 15 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 16 Use of Train Tickets
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 First Trip to Paris
- 21 Andalucia Spain
- 22 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 25 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus