My wife and I are planning a return to Italy during September 2016. We would like to divide the time between the east and west coasts. Our thoughts are to spend the first half of the visit in Verona where we will be able to day trip to Venice and Milan. The second half the trip, my wife would like to visit the Cinque Terre. Does anyone have suggestions for their favorite towns to stay in or outside of the CT with the idea of day tripping? We will have a car for Verona. For the CT, we may have car if staying outside of the area and use local train to visit, ie Camogli.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to the Lakes, by car or train?
- 2 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 3 Spain/Renfe
- 4 My final Prague itinerary
- 5 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 6 WiFi in France
- 7 First time in Italy / Advice in Tuscan destinations
- 8 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 9 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 13 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 14 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 15 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 16 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 17 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 18 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 19 Best Greek Island
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 21 Make your Mother’s Day celebration grander with flowers and gifts
- 22 Best neighborhood for apartment in Lisbon?
- 23 Paris to Bordeaux
- 24 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 25 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?