My wife and I are planning a return to Italy during September 2016. We would like to divide the time between the east and west coasts. Our thoughts are to spend the first half of the visit in Verona where we will be able to day trip to Venice and Milan. The second half the trip, my wife would like to visit the Cinque Terre. Does anyone have suggestions for their favorite towns to stay in or outside of the CT with the idea of day tripping? We will have a car for Verona. For the CT, we may have car if staying outside of the area and use local train to visit, ie Camogli.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 2 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 3 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 4 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 5 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 6 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 7 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 8 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 11 Edinbrugh
- 12 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 13 Maximizing Norway time
- 14 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 15 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 16 Hiking in Switzerland
- 17 Best layover option
- 18 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 19 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 20 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 23 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 24 3 days solo in London
- 25 Info for Edinburgh visit