We are slowly planning ou next trip for summer (something like july 13 to august 5 or 6) and firts we have think about Spain or Italy, but many peiple told us that the heat can be unbearable. I don't like the heat and we have two children (3 and 7) so we tend tto not stay in intense heat for too many times.
here,s when the idea of going to Ireland and Scotland came. Here's waht we think:
1) Flight From Montreal to Dublin
2) rent a car (or train ?) from Dublin to belfast (2 weeks)
3) Take cheap flight (Ryan air or Easyjet) from Belfast to Glasgow (is the ferry better ?)
4) Take 10 days to travel by train (or bus) around Glasgow and Edinburgh
5) Flight back to Montréal from Glasgow.
What do you think of this ? What should be our budget for that kind of trip ? We don't want fancy dinner, we can go eat fresh food from grocery store.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 4 Lake Como AREA questions
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 7 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 8 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 9 Spain - day driver advice
- 10 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 11 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 12 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 13 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 14 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 17 London with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 19 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 20 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 21 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 22 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 23 Madrird and Seville
- 24 Greece
- 25 Ludwig Castles