We are slowly planning ou next trip for summer (something like july 13 to august 5 or 6) and firts we have think about Spain or Italy, but many peiple told us that the heat can be unbearable. I don't like the heat and we have two children (3 and 7) so we tend tto not stay in intense heat for too many times.
here,s when the idea of going to Ireland and Scotland came. Here's waht we think:
1) Flight From Montreal to Dublin
2) rent a car (or train ?) from Dublin to belfast (2 weeks)
3) Take cheap flight (Ryan air or Easyjet) from Belfast to Glasgow (is the ferry better ?)
4) Take 10 days to travel by train (or bus) around Glasgow and Edinburgh
5) Flight back to Montréal from Glasgow.
What do you think of this ? What should be our budget for that kind of trip ? We don't want fancy dinner, we can go eat fresh food from grocery store.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 2 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 3 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 4 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 5 Electrical Power Conversion
- 6 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Zurich to Milan trip
- 9 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 10 italy Cinque Terre
- 11 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 12 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 13 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 14 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 15 Bruges
- 16 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 17 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 18 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 19 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 20 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 21 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 22 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 25 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy