I am spending 3 weeks in Italy in end July & first half August as part of a last minute opportunity for a 5 weeks Europe trip, out of which first 8 nights are booked. 3 nights in Venice and 5 in Florence.
I would certainly cover Rome. Maybe spend 5-7 nights there. I fly off from Rome to my home country.
Given it's too hot and crowded, but especially in the south, I think it's best to avoid Amalfi right now?
I'd be traveling solo and depend on public transportation.
In terms of interest, I like art, history & culture, food, nature, people watching, taking long walks, cooking, etc. I guess I'd get my art, culture & history fix in Florence and Rome. Looking for a different experience for the remaining week. I guess given I'm covering Venice, Florence and Rome, I should be looking at Tuscany or Central Italy? Kindly suggest a nice village / town to base myself in, which has good public transportation connections with nearby towns for making day trips. Some village in Tuscany, perhaps? Or a big town like bologna?
I am also trying to find out if I can do some vegetarian cooking classes for few days! But either dates don't match or vacations are too expensive (3000E for 6-7 days!). I can arrange for my own accommodation and would focus on getting just the daily cooking lessons, if that helps bringing the cost down.
I wanted to go to Puglia as well but clearly the connections are not convenient and are turning out to be quite expensive. Maybe I reserve the entire south Italy for another trip.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 로하이시스템 ▶ 도메인 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 http://sexuallubricants.org/enduro-force
- 3 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 4 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 5 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 6 Paris travel help
- 7 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 8 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 9 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 12 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 13 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 14 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 One night in the Dolomites
- 17 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 18 Airport Transit Visa
- 19 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 20 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 21 Where in Greece
- 22 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 23 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 24 Vatican tour
- 25 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?