I am spending 3 weeks in Italy in end July & first half August as part of a last minute opportunity for a 5 weeks Europe trip, out of which first 8 nights are booked. 3 nights in Venice and 5 in Florence.
I would certainly cover Rome. Maybe spend 5-7 nights there. I fly off from Rome to my home country.
Given it's too hot and crowded, but especially in the south, I think it's best to avoid Amalfi right now?
I'd be traveling solo and depend on public transportation.
In terms of interest, I like art, history & culture, food, nature, people watching, taking long walks, cooking, etc. I guess I'd get my art, culture & history fix in Florence and Rome. Looking for a different experience for the remaining week. I guess given I'm covering Venice, Florence and Rome, I should be looking at Tuscany or Central Italy? Kindly suggest a nice village / town to base myself in, which has good public transportation connections with nearby towns for making day trips. Some village in Tuscany, perhaps? Or a big town like bologna?
I am also trying to find out if I can do some vegetarian cooking classes for few days! But either dates don't match or vacations are too expensive (3000E for 6-7 days!). I can arrange for my own accommodation and would focus on getting just the daily cooking lessons, if that helps bringing the cost down.
I wanted to go to Puglia as well but clearly the connections are not convenient and are turning out to be quite expensive. Maybe I reserve the entire south Italy for another trip.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT☎ CANON TEC*h 24x7
- 2 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 3 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 4 car rental
- 5 Munich and....???
- 6 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 7 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 10 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 11 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 Northern Ireland ideas
- 18 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 19 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 20 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 21 Long weekend in Albania
- 22 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 23 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 scotland itinerary