I am spending 3 weeks in Italy in end July & first half August as part of a last minute opportunity for a 5 weeks Europe trip, out of which first 8 nights are booked. 3 nights in Venice and 5 in Florence.
I would certainly cover Rome. Maybe spend 5-7 nights there. I fly off from Rome to my home country.
Given it's too hot and crowded, but especially in the south, I think it's best to avoid Amalfi right now?
I'd be traveling solo and depend on public transportation.
In terms of interest, I like art, history & culture, food, nature, people watching, taking long walks, cooking, etc. I guess I'd get my art, culture & history fix in Florence and Rome. Looking for a different experience for the remaining week. I guess given I'm covering Venice, Florence and Rome, I should be looking at Tuscany or Central Italy? Kindly suggest a nice village / town to base myself in, which has good public transportation connections with nearby towns for making day trips. Some village in Tuscany, perhaps? Or a big town like bologna?
I am also trying to find out if I can do some vegetarian cooking classes for few days! But either dates don't match or vacations are too expensive (3000E for 6-7 days!). I can arrange for my own accommodation and would focus on getting just the daily cooking lessons, if that helps bringing the cost down.
I wanted to go to Puglia as well but clearly the connections are not convenient and are turning out to be quite expensive. Maybe I reserve the entire south Italy for another trip.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MCAFEE@ antivirus help desk CONTACT ☎ 1:800:627:6047 Tec*h cNICal
- 2 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 5 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 6 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 7 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 8 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 9 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 10 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 11 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 14 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 15 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 16 Maximizing Norway time
- 17 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 18 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 21 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 22 Hiking in Switzerland
- 23 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 24 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como