My husband and I are planning our first Europe trip this August. We have traded our timeshare for a week in the Italy mtns north of Verona and another week in the Austria Alps. We plan to fly into Rome, spend 3 days then take the train to the Italy mtns for one week, then the train to the Austria Alps for another week. We would like to spend our last 3 days in another area, possibly Switzerland or Germany. We also hope to take some day trips to other cities from our location in Italy and Austria. I would love to see some castles or mountain scenery. I would appreciate any ideas on where to best end our trip. We could fly out of Munich, Zurich or some other city. Also any other advice on sites to see in these areas or advice on train travel would be greatly appreciated.
3 weeks in Italy and Austria in August
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 2 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 3 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 4 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 5 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 6 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 7 Munich with a car?
- 8 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 9 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 11 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 12 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 13 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 14 Itinerary Help!
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 17 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 18 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 19 He said , she said
- 20 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 21 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 22 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 23 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 24 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 25 Toulouse and beyond -