My husband and I are planning our first Europe trip this August. We have traded our timeshare for a week in the Italy mtns north of Verona and another week in the Austria Alps. We plan to fly into Rome, spend 3 days then take the train to the Italy mtns for one week, then the train to the Austria Alps for another week. We would like to spend our last 3 days in another area, possibly Switzerland or Germany. We also hope to take some day trips to other cities from our location in Italy and Austria. I would love to see some castles or mountain scenery. I would appreciate any ideas on where to best end our trip. We could fly out of Munich, Zurich or some other city. Also any other advice on sites to see in these areas or advice on train travel would be greatly appreciated.
3 weeks in Italy and Austria in August
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 2 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 3 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 4 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 5 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 6 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 7 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!
- 8 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 9 The east coast of Italy
- 10 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 11 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 12 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 13 Bella to Rome
- 14 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 15 Ireland or Scotland
- 16 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 17 Need help with destinations east of Stockholm
- 18 Two Month Europe Trip
- 19 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 20 First Trip to Europe
- 21 Anyone used otel.com - is it reputable
- 22 Renting a car in Portugal from Autoeurope.com
- 23 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 24 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 25 Bologna - 5 days too much?