My husband and I are planning our first Europe trip this August. We have traded our timeshare for a week in the Italy mtns north of Verona and another week in the Austria Alps. We plan to fly into Rome, spend 3 days then take the train to the Italy mtns for one week, then the train to the Austria Alps for another week. We would like to spend our last 3 days in another area, possibly Switzerland or Germany. We also hope to take some day trips to other cities from our location in Italy and Austria. I would love to see some castles or mountain scenery. I would appreciate any ideas on where to best end our trip. We could fly out of Munich, Zurich or some other city. Also any other advice on sites to see in these areas or advice on train travel would be greatly appreciated.
3 weeks in Italy and Austria in August
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 Nights in Paris
- 2 Experiences with spanish tour operator Iberica Travel?
- 3 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 4 Paris - Cochem - Cologne - Paris
- 5 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 6 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 7 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 8 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 9 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 10 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 11 Riga 2014
- 12 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 13 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 14 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 15 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 16 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 17 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 18 Back home problems with sim card
- 19 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 20 Budapest
- 21 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 22 Budapest--baggage storage
- 23 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 24 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 25 Taxi in Rome from airport to city