I posted earlier about a six week trip to Spain and Italy that I would be taking with a friend. Due to some complications regarding work and vacation time, we only have three weeks and shall be spending it in italy (the three weeks does not including travel to and from italy). We shall be visiting in early June (I know its not the best time to go, but what can you do?) and are looking for the following from our trip:
I enjoy history and art, and couldn't bear to omit Rome or Florence from the itinerary. However, I would also like to experience some italian culture without following the throng of tourists that rush from site to site. My friend loves history like me, but would also like to enjoy some classic italian cuisine.
Based on these desires, we have fashioned a very rough itinerary of our three weeks in italy.
Venice- 3 days
Cinque Terre- 3 days
Bologna- 2 days
Florence- 3 days
Siena- 4 days (day trips- San Gimagnano, Volterra or Montepulciano?)
Rome- 5 days
Am I trying to fit too much into this trip? I highly value the advice and expertise of posters on this site and am looking forward to hearing your responses,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 Shoes in Scotland
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 6 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 7 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 10 Naples, Italy
- 11 Ireland in April
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 14 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 15 French restaurants
- 16 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 17 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 18 Tuscany 6 nights
- 19 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 22 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 France & Italy, May or June
- 25 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March