I posted earlier about a six week trip to Spain and Italy that I would be taking with a friend. Due to some complications regarding work and vacation time, we only have three weeks and shall be spending it in italy (the three weeks does not including travel to and from italy). We shall be visiting in early June (I know its not the best time to go, but what can you do?) and are looking for the following from our trip:
I enjoy history and art, and couldn't bear to omit Rome or Florence from the itinerary. However, I would also like to experience some italian culture without following the throng of tourists that rush from site to site. My friend loves history like me, but would also like to enjoy some classic italian cuisine.
Based on these desires, we have fashioned a very rough itinerary of our three weeks in italy.
Venice- 3 days
Cinque Terre- 3 days
Bologna- 2 days
Florence- 3 days
Siena- 4 days (day trips- San Gimagnano, Volterra or Montepulciano?)
Rome- 5 days
Am I trying to fit too much into this trip? I highly value the advice and expertise of posters on this site and am looking forward to hearing your responses,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 2 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 3 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 4 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 5 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 6 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 7 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 8 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 9 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 10 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 11 Oyster card?
- 12 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 13 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 14 London Theater
- 15 multi city flights to europe
- 16 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 17 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 18 Switzerland in September
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 21 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 22 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 23 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 24 Shorts in South of France?
- 25 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid