I will be travelling to Europe with my parents and my sister in early July this year (from Vancouver, Canada). We travel a lot, but surprisingly, this is my dad and sister's first trip to Europe. My mom and I have already been to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. So many places to see, not enough time! In total, we have about 3 weeks (only a few days flexibility). We can leave as early as June 27th. In this time, we want to get to as many major destinations as we can, so I have been looking at time-saving options such as night trains etc. I'm 18 and I'm the youngest in my family, and none of us are into art. My parents love picturesque settings, scenery, and sightseeing. My sister likes warm weather, beaches, and fashion (she hates museums but I don't mind "non-art" museums).
My sister really wants to go to Santorini and Mykonos and my parents like cruises so we thought that we could do a 7-night mediterranean Europe cruise from Venice to Mykonos and Santorini and back to Venice. This is the cruise we're looking at: http://cruise.expedia.ca/Cruise/en-CA/Itinerary?item=533806 . It leaves on July 5th and returns on the 12th. I think we have to plan the rest of our trip according to the dates of the cruise. This leaves us with two weeks for the rest of the trip.
I think we are going to skip Southern Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe, and Northern Europe on this trip. Leave them for future trips
We are interested in London, Paris, Switzerland (Zurich + some other town(s) in the Alps), Venice, Germany (Munich + castles + the Romantic Road), and Southern France (Nice, Monaco, Eze). We are also open to suggestions - have heard that Amsterdam and Barcelona are nice. We are okay with a very tight schedule to fit as much as we can reasonably. We understand that a lot of time will go into transit.
Some other things we're interested in:
-Bernina Express and Chocolate Train in Switzerland
-Driving on the Autobahn (maybe rent a low-end BMW)
I would really appreciate any itinerary suggestions or any other suggestions.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 2 Intercity Train
- 3 Day Trip from London
- 4 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 5 Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Venice, Rome too much for 15-20 days?
- 6 3 weeks- Italy and Croatia Trip Itinerary Help
- 7 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 8 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 9 A month in Normandy (Rouen): calling Normandy afficionados
- 10 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 11 International driving permit required in France?
- 12 The Trip to London and Paris with Three Kids
- 13 Need some Venice planning help
- 14 Where to buy Saffron?
- 15 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 16 A week in Verona. Please critique my daytrip list.
- 17 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 18 RHK's Spring Trip
- 19 Ideas for 5 Nights in Wengen and 3 nights in Lucerne
- 20 Walking tour of Edinburgh
- 21 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 22 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 23 explore Italy on a budget
- 24 Paris and Rouen 2015
- 25 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome