I will be travelling to Europe with my parents and my sister in early July this year (from Vancouver, Canada). We travel a lot, but surprisingly, this is my dad and sister's first trip to Europe. My mom and I have already been to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. So many places to see, not enough time! In total, we have about 3 weeks (only a few days flexibility). We can leave as early as June 27th. In this time, we want to get to as many major destinations as we can, so I have been looking at time-saving options such as night trains etc. I'm 18 and I'm the youngest in my family, and none of us are into art. My parents love picturesque settings, scenery, and sightseeing. My sister likes warm weather, beaches, and fashion (she hates museums but I don't mind "non-art" museums).
My sister really wants to go to Santorini and Mykonos and my parents like cruises so we thought that we could do a 7-night mediterranean Europe cruise from Venice to Mykonos and Santorini and back to Venice. This is the cruise we're looking at: http://cruise.expedia.ca/Cruise/en-CA/Itinerary?item=533806 . It leaves on July 5th and returns on the 12th. I think we have to plan the rest of our trip according to the dates of the cruise. This leaves us with two weeks for the rest of the trip.
I think we are going to skip Southern Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe, and Northern Europe on this trip. Leave them for future trips
We are interested in London, Paris, Switzerland (Zurich + some other town(s) in the Alps), Venice, Germany (Munich + castles + the Romantic Road), and Southern France (Nice, Monaco, Eze). We are also open to suggestions - have heard that Amsterdam and Barcelona are nice. We are okay with a very tight schedule to fit as much as we can reasonably. We understand that a lot of time will go into transit.
Some other things we're interested in:
-Bernina Express and Chocolate Train in Switzerland
-Driving on the Autobahn (maybe rent a low-end BMW)
I would really appreciate any itinerary suggestions or any other suggestions.
Thanks so much!
3 Weeks in Europe - Itinerary Help Please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 2 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 3 where to buy a LV bag?
- 4 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 5 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 6 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 7 Help with a small island in Greece
- 8 things in Rhonda
- 9 Italy-Croatia-Istanbul
- 10 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 11 A full week in The Netherlands
- 12 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 13 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 14 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 15 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 16 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 17 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 18 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 19 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 20 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 21 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 22 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 23 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 24 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 25 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...