I will be travelling to Europe with my parents and my sister in early July this year (from Vancouver, Canada). We travel a lot, but surprisingly, this is my dad and sister's first trip to Europe. My mom and I have already been to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. So many places to see, not enough time! In total, we have about 3 weeks (only a few days flexibility). We can leave as early as June 27th. In this time, we want to get to as many major destinations as we can, so I have been looking at time-saving options such as night trains etc. I'm 18 and I'm the youngest in my family, and none of us are into art. My parents love picturesque settings, scenery, and sightseeing. My sister likes warm weather, beaches, and fashion (she hates museums but I don't mind "non-art" museums).
My sister really wants to go to Santorini and Mykonos and my parents like cruises so we thought that we could do a 7-night mediterranean Europe cruise from Venice to Mykonos and Santorini and back to Venice. This is the cruise we're looking at: http://cruise.expedia.ca/Cruise/en-CA/Itinerary?item=533806 . It leaves on July 5th and returns on the 12th. I think we have to plan the rest of our trip according to the dates of the cruise. This leaves us with two weeks for the rest of the trip.
I think we are going to skip Southern Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe, and Northern Europe on this trip. Leave them for future trips
We are interested in London, Paris, Switzerland (Zurich + some other town(s) in the Alps), Venice, Germany (Munich + castles + the Romantic Road), and Southern France (Nice, Monaco, Eze). We are also open to suggestions - have heard that Amsterdam and Barcelona are nice. We are okay with a very tight schedule to fit as much as we can reasonably. We understand that a lot of time will go into transit.
Some other things we're interested in:
-Bernina Express and Chocolate Train in Switzerland
-Driving on the Autobahn (maybe rent a low-end BMW)
I would really appreciate any itinerary suggestions or any other suggestions.
Thanks so much!
3 Weeks in Europe - Itinerary Help Please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 2 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 3 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 4 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 8 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 9 Which european city?
- 10 Southern Spain
- 11 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 12 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 13 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 14 Scotland November 2015
- 15 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 16 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 17 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 18 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 19 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 20 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 21 Italy Countryside
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 24 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers