I will be travelling to Europe with my parents and my sister in early July this year (from Vancouver, Canada). We travel a lot, but surprisingly, this is my dad and sister's first trip to Europe. My mom and I have already been to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. So many places to see, not enough time! In total, we have about 3 weeks (only a few days flexibility). We can leave as early as June 27th. In this time, we want to get to as many major destinations as we can, so I have been looking at time-saving options such as night trains etc. I'm 18 and I'm the youngest in my family, and none of us are into art. My parents love picturesque settings, scenery, and sightseeing. My sister likes warm weather, beaches, and fashion (she hates museums but I don't mind "non-art" museums).
My sister really wants to go to Santorini and Mykonos and my parents like cruises so we thought that we could do a 7-night mediterranean Europe cruise from Venice to Mykonos and Santorini and back to Venice. This is the cruise we're looking at: http://cruise.expedia.ca/Cruise/en-CA/Itinerary?item=533806 . It leaves on July 5th and returns on the 12th. I think we have to plan the rest of our trip according to the dates of the cruise. This leaves us with two weeks for the rest of the trip.
I think we are going to skip Southern Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe, and Northern Europe on this trip. Leave them for future trips
We are interested in London, Paris, Switzerland (Zurich + some other town(s) in the Alps), Venice, Germany (Munich + castles + the Romantic Road), and Southern France (Nice, Monaco, Eze). We are also open to suggestions - have heard that Amsterdam and Barcelona are nice. We are okay with a very tight schedule to fit as much as we can reasonably. We understand that a lot of time will go into transit.
Some other things we're interested in:
-Bernina Express and Chocolate Train in Switzerland
-Driving on the Autobahn (maybe rent a low-end BMW)
I would really appreciate any itinerary suggestions or any other suggestions.
Thanks so much!
3 Weeks in Europe - Itinerary Help Please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 2 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 3 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 4 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations
- 5 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 6 Tipping in the UK
- 7 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 8 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 9 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 10 4 days in lake region
- 11 Where to go in Europe in early March
- 12 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 13 Favorite things to do in London
- 14 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 15 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 16 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 17 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 18 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 19 Europe in December for 10 days
- 20 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 21 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 22 floods in Andalucia
- 23 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 24 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 25 Interested In Coach Passes