I will be travelling to Europe with my parents and my sister in early July this year (from Vancouver, Canada). We travel a lot, but surprisingly, this is my dad and sister's first trip to Europe. My mom and I have already been to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. So many places to see, not enough time! In total, we have about 3 weeks (only a few days flexibility). We can leave as early as June 27th. In this time, we want to get to as many major destinations as we can, so I have been looking at time-saving options such as night trains etc. I'm 18 and I'm the youngest in my family, and none of us are into art. My parents love picturesque settings, scenery, and sightseeing. My sister likes warm weather, beaches, and fashion (she hates museums but I don't mind "non-art" museums).
My sister really wants to go to Santorini and Mykonos and my parents like cruises so we thought that we could do a 7-night mediterranean Europe cruise from Venice to Mykonos and Santorini and back to Venice. This is the cruise we're looking at: http://cruise.expedia.ca/Cruise/en-CA/Itinerary?item=533806 . It leaves on July 5th and returns on the 12th. I think we have to plan the rest of our trip according to the dates of the cruise. This leaves us with two weeks for the rest of the trip.
I think we are going to skip Southern Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe, and Northern Europe on this trip. Leave them for future trips
We are interested in London, Paris, Switzerland (Zurich + some other town(s) in the Alps), Venice, Germany (Munich + castles + the Romantic Road), and Southern France (Nice, Monaco, Eze). We are also open to suggestions - have heard that Amsterdam and Barcelona are nice. We are okay with a very tight schedule to fit as much as we can reasonably. We understand that a lot of time will go into transit.
Some other things we're interested in:
-Bernina Express and Chocolate Train in Switzerland
-Driving on the Autobahn (maybe rent a low-end BMW)
I would really appreciate any itinerary suggestions or any other suggestions.
Thanks so much!
3 Weeks in Europe - Itinerary Help Please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 2 London, then Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam or just London and Paris
- 3 Brussels, Copenhagan, Stockholm
- 4 Trains
- 5 Special holiday for hubby, daughter and me
- 6 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 7 Ferry from Istanbul to Greek Islands
- 8 Airb2b in Paris
- 9 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 10 Central Europe - 16 Days
- 11 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 12 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 13 Mama Mia…Sagrada Familia Question
- 14 Help. I can't seem to learn new languages at my age. English spoken in Prague, Vienna, and Frankfurt??
- 15 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 16 Munich accommodations
- 17 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy
- 18 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 19 Travel to San Gimignano
- 20 Barcelona Trip- sights? restaurants? day trips?
- 21 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 22 Mother Daughter Ireland Trip- need some itinerary advice
- 23 French Countryside (west) with side trip to Puy du Fou
- 24 marbella spain
- 25 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure