I will be travelling to Europe with my parents and my sister in early July this year (from Vancouver, Canada). We travel a lot, but surprisingly, this is my dad and sister's first trip to Europe. My mom and I have already been to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. So many places to see, not enough time! In total, we have about 3 weeks (only a few days flexibility). We can leave as early as June 27th. In this time, we want to get to as many major destinations as we can, so I have been looking at time-saving options such as night trains etc. I'm 18 and I'm the youngest in my family, and none of us are into art. My parents love picturesque settings, scenery, and sightseeing. My sister likes warm weather, beaches, and fashion (she hates museums but I don't mind "non-art" museums).
My sister really wants to go to Santorini and Mykonos and my parents like cruises so we thought that we could do a 7-night mediterranean Europe cruise from Venice to Mykonos and Santorini and back to Venice. This is the cruise we're looking at: http://cruise.expedia.ca/Cruise/en-CA/Itinerary?item=533806 . It leaves on July 5th and returns on the 12th. I think we have to plan the rest of our trip according to the dates of the cruise. This leaves us with two weeks for the rest of the trip.
I think we are going to skip Southern Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe, and Northern Europe on this trip. Leave them for future trips
We are interested in London, Paris, Switzerland (Zurich + some other town(s) in the Alps), Venice, Germany (Munich + castles + the Romantic Road), and Southern France (Nice, Monaco, Eze). We are also open to suggestions - have heard that Amsterdam and Barcelona are nice. We are okay with a very tight schedule to fit as much as we can reasonably. We understand that a lot of time will go into transit.
Some other things we're interested in:
-Bernina Express and Chocolate Train in Switzerland
-Driving on the Autobahn (maybe rent a low-end BMW)
I would really appreciate any itinerary suggestions or any other suggestions.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question About My US Passport for Visit to France
- 2 Safe to Travel?
- 3 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 4 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 5 Rotisserie Chicken on Paris
- 6 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 7 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 8 Charles de Gaulle airport: Speediest arrival and departure ever!
- 9 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 10 Car rental leaving Rome
- 11 Help needed for itinerary planning: Iceland
- 12 Ideas for Month in Germany
- 13 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 14 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 15 Boots for Christmastime in Germany?
- 16 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 17 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 18 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 19 Airfare from Boston to Rome
- 20 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 21 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 22 Hotel in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- 23 Why Not Helsinki?
- 24 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 25 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please