I will be travelling to Europe with my parents and my sister in early July this year (from Vancouver, Canada). We travel a lot, but surprisingly, this is my dad and sister's first trip to Europe. My mom and I have already been to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. So many places to see, not enough time! In total, we have about 3 weeks (only a few days flexibility). We can leave as early as June 27th. In this time, we want to get to as many major destinations as we can, so I have been looking at time-saving options such as night trains etc. I'm 18 and I'm the youngest in my family, and none of us are into art. My parents love picturesque settings, scenery, and sightseeing. My sister likes warm weather, beaches, and fashion (she hates museums but I don't mind "non-art" museums).
My sister really wants to go to Santorini and Mykonos and my parents like cruises so we thought that we could do a 7-night mediterranean Europe cruise from Venice to Mykonos and Santorini and back to Venice. This is the cruise we're looking at: http://cruise.expedia.ca/Cruise/en-CA/Itinerary?item=533806 . It leaves on July 5th and returns on the 12th. I think we have to plan the rest of our trip according to the dates of the cruise. This leaves us with two weeks for the rest of the trip.
I think we are going to skip Southern Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe, and Northern Europe on this trip. Leave them for future trips
We are interested in London, Paris, Switzerland (Zurich + some other town(s) in the Alps), Venice, Germany (Munich + castles + the Romantic Road), and Southern France (Nice, Monaco, Eze). We are also open to suggestions - have heard that Amsterdam and Barcelona are nice. We are okay with a very tight schedule to fit as much as we can reasonably. We understand that a lot of time will go into transit.
Some other things we're interested in:
-Bernina Express and Chocolate Train in Switzerland
-Driving on the Autobahn (maybe rent a low-end BMW)
I would really appreciate any itinerary suggestions or any other suggestions.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in a week
- 2 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 3 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 6 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 7 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 8 seat reservations
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Germany-Car or Train
- 13 Night Bus?
- 14 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 15 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 16 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 17 Andalucia Spain
- 18 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 19 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 20 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 21 Short time in Vienna
- 22 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 23 Jewish Vienna
- 24 My special places in Europe
- 25 3 days outside Venice