I will be travelling to Europe with my parents and my sister in early July this year (from Vancouver, Canada). We travel a lot, but surprisingly, this is my dad and sister's first trip to Europe. My mom and I have already been to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. So many places to see, not enough time! In total, we have about 3 weeks (only a few days flexibility). We can leave as early as June 27th. In this time, we want to get to as many major destinations as we can, so I have been looking at time-saving options such as night trains etc. I'm 18 and I'm the youngest in my family, and none of us are into art. My parents love picturesque settings, scenery, and sightseeing. My sister likes warm weather, beaches, and fashion (she hates museums but I don't mind "non-art" museums).
My sister really wants to go to Santorini and Mykonos and my parents like cruises so we thought that we could do a 7-night mediterranean Europe cruise from Venice to Mykonos and Santorini and back to Venice. This is the cruise we're looking at: http://cruise.expedia.ca/Cruise/en-CA/Itinerary?item=533806 . It leaves on July 5th and returns on the 12th. I think we have to plan the rest of our trip according to the dates of the cruise. This leaves us with two weeks for the rest of the trip.
I think we are going to skip Southern Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe, and Northern Europe on this trip. Leave them for future trips
We are interested in London, Paris, Switzerland (Zurich + some other town(s) in the Alps), Venice, Germany (Munich + castles + the Romantic Road), and Southern France (Nice, Monaco, Eze). We are also open to suggestions - have heard that Amsterdam and Barcelona are nice. We are okay with a very tight schedule to fit as much as we can reasonably. We understand that a lot of time will go into transit.
Some other things we're interested in:
-Bernina Express and Chocolate Train in Switzerland
-Driving on the Autobahn (maybe rent a low-end BMW)
I would really appreciate any itinerary suggestions or any other suggestions.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for Month in Germany
- 2 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Safe to Travel?
- 5 Boots for Christmastime in Germany?
- 6 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 7 Airfare from Boston to Rome
- 8 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 9 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 10 Hotel in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- 11 Why Not Helsinki?
- 12 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 13 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 14 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 15 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 16 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 17 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 18 8 days in Vienna in December
- 19 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 20 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 21 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 22 Car rental leaving Rome
- 23 Christmas Market and Parking
- 24 Paris Under Seige...
- 25 Barcelona to San Sebastian