My husband and I unexpectedly have 3 weeks off in June and are trying to choose a vacation destination. We never have this much time off at once, so we want to choose wisely and do a trip that we wouldn't be able to do in 1-2 weeks. We like history/culture/food/nature/sightseeing and walking around. We do NOT like lying around on a beach or shopping. Right now the top contenders are:
a) Scandinavia - but worried it may be cold/rainy and there's not enough to do for 3 weeks?
b) Greece/Turkey/maybe south of Italy - but worried it may be too hot. My husband is also worried that he can only take so many ruins before they all start to blend together (I can't imagine getting tired of ruins myself, but I understand his point).
Would love to hear your thoughts on the above destinations or any other (non-US) suggestions! We started off considering non-Europe trips, but discovered that for China, Australia, Southeast Asia, and much of South America, the weather isn't good to travel. We don't want to go somewhere where we'll be miserably hot or cold!
We've already traveled throughout Spain pretty extensively, have also been to the big European capitals (Paris, Rome, Berlin). Also did an Ireland roadtrip, 2 weeks in Austria/Czech Republic, and 2 weeks in Russia. This is why we are between options A & B above.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 2 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 3 Rome-Itinerary
- 4 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 5 Take your necessary things while traveling!
- 6 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 9 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 10 5 days greece tour! Help me plz!
- 11 Berlin to Italy
- 12 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 13 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 14 Florence - Where to stay
- 15 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 16 Killarney
- 17 Where to go!?
- 18 First time in Bulgaria
- 19 Vacation
- 20 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 21 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 22 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 23 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 24 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 25 Walking itinerary in England?