My husband and I unexpectedly have 3 weeks off in June and are trying to choose a vacation destination. We never have this much time off at once, so we want to choose wisely and do a trip that we wouldn't be able to do in 1-2 weeks. We like history/culture/food/nature/sightseeing and walking around. We do NOT like lying around on a beach or shopping. Right now the top contenders are:
a) Scandinavia - but worried it may be cold/rainy and there's not enough to do for 3 weeks?
b) Greece/Turkey/maybe south of Italy - but worried it may be too hot. My husband is also worried that he can only take so many ruins before they all start to blend together (I can't imagine getting tired of ruins myself, but I understand his point).
Would love to hear your thoughts on the above destinations or any other (non-US) suggestions! We started off considering non-Europe trips, but discovered that for China, Australia, Southeast Asia, and much of South America, the weather isn't good to travel. We don't want to go somewhere where we'll be miserably hot or cold!
We've already traveled throughout Spain pretty extensively, have also been to the big European capitals (Paris, Rome, Berlin). Also did an Ireland roadtrip, 2 weeks in Austria/Czech Republic, and 2 weeks in Russia. This is why we are between options A & B above.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family trip: Andalucia in November
- 2 Rome Rental Car
- 3 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 4 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 5 5 Days in Corsica
- 6 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 7 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 8 Advice for Ireland Trip (6 days)
- 9 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 10 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 11 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 12 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 13 Beaches in Southern France
- 14 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 15 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 16 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 17 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 18 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 19 italy itinerary
- 20 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 21 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 22 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 23 3 days to spend in europe
- 24 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 25 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?