My husband and I unexpectedly have 3 weeks off in June and are trying to choose a vacation destination. We never have this much time off at once, so we want to choose wisely and do a trip that we wouldn't be able to do in 1-2 weeks. We like history/culture/food/nature/sightseeing and walking around. We do NOT like lying around on a beach or shopping. Right now the top contenders are:
a) Scandinavia - but worried it may be cold/rainy and there's not enough to do for 3 weeks?
b) Greece/Turkey/maybe south of Italy - but worried it may be too hot. My husband is also worried that he can only take so many ruins before they all start to blend together (I can't imagine getting tired of ruins myself, but I understand his point).
Would love to hear your thoughts on the above destinations or any other (non-US) suggestions! We started off considering non-Europe trips, but discovered that for China, Australia, Southeast Asia, and much of South America, the weather isn't good to travel. We don't want to go somewhere where we'll be miserably hot or cold!
We've already traveled throughout Spain pretty extensively, have also been to the big European capitals (Paris, Rome, Berlin). Also did an Ireland roadtrip, 2 weeks in Austria/Czech Republic, and 2 weeks in Russia. This is why we are between options A & B above.
3 Weeks in Europe in June...where should we go?
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 Apartments in Rome
- 5 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 6 Prague - must see
- 7 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 8 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 11 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 12 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 13 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 14 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 " Egyptian German friendship Home"FREE for all German people in Germany
- 17 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 20 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 21 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 22 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 23 rent car / Munich
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Anniversary Weekend in Paris