My husband and I unexpectedly have 3 weeks off in June and are trying to choose a vacation destination. We never have this much time off at once, so we want to choose wisely and do a trip that we wouldn't be able to do in 1-2 weeks. We like history/culture/food/nature/sightseeing and walking around. We do NOT like lying around on a beach or shopping. Right now the top contenders are:
a) Scandinavia - but worried it may be cold/rainy and there's not enough to do for 3 weeks?
b) Greece/Turkey/maybe south of Italy - but worried it may be too hot. My husband is also worried that he can only take so many ruins before they all start to blend together (I can't imagine getting tired of ruins myself, but I understand his point).
Would love to hear your thoughts on the above destinations or any other (non-US) suggestions! We started off considering non-Europe trips, but discovered that for China, Australia, Southeast Asia, and much of South America, the weather isn't good to travel. We don't want to go somewhere where we'll be miserably hot or cold!
We've already traveled throughout Spain pretty extensively, have also been to the big European capitals (Paris, Rome, Berlin). Also did an Ireland roadtrip, 2 weeks in Austria/Czech Republic, and 2 weeks in Russia. This is why we are between options A & B above.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 2 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 3 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 4 If Greece exits
- 5 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 6 Help! College daughter's 1st day in Nerja, Spain/converter broke!!
- 7 Spanish air controllers strikes in July 2015
- 8 Traveling around Castile-Leon
- 9 10 days in July-Aug with kids - Switzerland and Italy
- 10 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 11 Seeking help on my 12 days trip from Switzerland to Austria
- 12 Four Awesome Weeks in the North of Spain and Catalunya
- 13 Is my Scotland itinerary doable?
- 14 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 15 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 16 8 nights Geneva to Zurich itinerary ideas
- 17 Paris Hotel - Hotel des Nations St-Germain , Le Méridien Etoile
- 18 1 day in the Black Forest
- 19 French Basque country
- 20 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 21 Rome Walking Guide
- 22 Travelling outside of Stockholm
- 23 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 24 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 25 Questions regarding currency exhange