My husband and I unexpectedly have 3 weeks off in June and are trying to choose a vacation destination. We never have this much time off at once, so we want to choose wisely and do a trip that we wouldn't be able to do in 1-2 weeks. We like history/culture/food/nature/sightseeing and walking around. We do NOT like lying around on a beach or shopping. Right now the top contenders are:
a) Scandinavia - but worried it may be cold/rainy and there's not enough to do for 3 weeks?
b) Greece/Turkey/maybe south of Italy - but worried it may be too hot. My husband is also worried that he can only take so many ruins before they all start to blend together (I can't imagine getting tired of ruins myself, but I understand his point).
Would love to hear your thoughts on the above destinations or any other (non-US) suggestions! We started off considering non-Europe trips, but discovered that for China, Australia, Southeast Asia, and much of South America, the weather isn't good to travel. We don't want to go somewhere where we'll be miserably hot or cold!
We've already traveled throughout Spain pretty extensively, have also been to the big European capitals (Paris, Rome, Berlin). Also did an Ireland roadtrip, 2 weeks in Austria/Czech Republic, and 2 weeks in Russia. This is why we are between options A & B above.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 5 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 8 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 9 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 10 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 11 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 14 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 15 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 16 Train help for Prague
- 17 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 18 driving from prague to salzburg
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Germany train help!
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 dining on the 25th in Dublin