My husband and I unexpectedly have 3 weeks off in June and are trying to choose a vacation destination. We never have this much time off at once, so we want to choose wisely and do a trip that we wouldn't be able to do in 1-2 weeks. We like history/culture/food/nature/sightseeing and walking around. We do NOT like lying around on a beach or shopping. Right now the top contenders are:
a) Scandinavia - but worried it may be cold/rainy and there's not enough to do for 3 weeks?
b) Greece/Turkey/maybe south of Italy - but worried it may be too hot. My husband is also worried that he can only take so many ruins before they all start to blend together (I can't imagine getting tired of ruins myself, but I understand his point).
Would love to hear your thoughts on the above destinations or any other (non-US) suggestions! We started off considering non-Europe trips, but discovered that for China, Australia, Southeast Asia, and much of South America, the weather isn't good to travel. We don't want to go somewhere where we'll be miserably hot or cold!
We've already traveled throughout Spain pretty extensively, have also been to the big European capitals (Paris, Rome, Berlin). Also did an Ireland roadtrip, 2 weeks in Austria/Czech Republic, and 2 weeks in Russia. This is why we are between options A & B above.
3 Weeks in Europe in June...where should we go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 2nd time around
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 4 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 5 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 6 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 7 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 8 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 9 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 10 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 11 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 12 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 13 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 14 Rovinj, Croatia
- 15 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 16 Paris November 2014
- 17 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 18 Traveling in France by train
- 19 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 20 Unique Venice Activity
- 21 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 22 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 23 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 24 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 25 Do unused RATP tickets expire?