My husband and I unexpectedly have 3 weeks off in June and are trying to choose a vacation destination. We never have this much time off at once, so we want to choose wisely and do a trip that we wouldn't be able to do in 1-2 weeks. We like history/culture/food/nature/sightseeing and walking around. We do NOT like lying around on a beach or shopping. Right now the top contenders are:
a) Scandinavia - but worried it may be cold/rainy and there's not enough to do for 3 weeks?
b) Greece/Turkey/maybe south of Italy - but worried it may be too hot. My husband is also worried that he can only take so many ruins before they all start to blend together (I can't imagine getting tired of ruins myself, but I understand his point).
Would love to hear your thoughts on the above destinations or any other (non-US) suggestions! We started off considering non-Europe trips, but discovered that for China, Australia, Southeast Asia, and much of South America, the weather isn't good to travel. We don't want to go somewhere where we'll be miserably hot or cold!
We've already traveled throughout Spain pretty extensively, have also been to the big European capitals (Paris, Rome, Berlin). Also did an Ireland roadtrip, 2 weeks in Austria/Czech Republic, and 2 weeks in Russia. This is why we are between options A & B above.
3 Weeks in Europe in June...where should we go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 4 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 5 Itinerary Help!
- 6 UK for 12 days !
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 9 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 10 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 11 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 14 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 15 tour guides in rome
- 16 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 17 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 18 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 19 Day trip on the Rhine
- 20 poland to switzerland
- 21 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 24 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 25 England/Scotland Itinerary