My husband and I unexpectedly have 3 weeks off in June and are trying to choose a vacation destination. We never have this much time off at once, so we want to choose wisely and do a trip that we wouldn't be able to do in 1-2 weeks. We like history/culture/food/nature/sightseeing and walking around. We do NOT like lying around on a beach or shopping. Right now the top contenders are:
a) Scandinavia - but worried it may be cold/rainy and there's not enough to do for 3 weeks?
b) Greece/Turkey/maybe south of Italy - but worried it may be too hot. My husband is also worried that he can only take so many ruins before they all start to blend together (I can't imagine getting tired of ruins myself, but I understand his point).
Would love to hear your thoughts on the above destinations or any other (non-US) suggestions! We started off considering non-Europe trips, but discovered that for China, Australia, Southeast Asia, and much of South America, the weather isn't good to travel. We don't want to go somewhere where we'll be miserably hot or cold!
We've already traveled throughout Spain pretty extensively, have also been to the big European capitals (Paris, Rome, Berlin). Also did an Ireland roadtrip, 2 weeks in Austria/Czech Republic, and 2 weeks in Russia. This is why we are between options A & B above.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 필리핀환율 ▶ 도메인 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 3 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 4 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Language to use in Belgium
- 7 Getting around London
- 8 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 9 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 10 WWI sites
- 11 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 12 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 13 Paris in August
- 14 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 15 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 16 Christmas in Spain
- 17 Germany-Car or Train
- 18 Brussels flower tapestry
- 19 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 20 Lake Como,Italy
- 21 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 22 Valencia Spain
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 25 Places to visit from Zurich