My husband and I unexpectedly have 3 weeks off in June and are trying to choose a vacation destination. We never have this much time off at once, so we want to choose wisely and do a trip that we wouldn't be able to do in 1-2 weeks. We like history/culture/food/nature/sightseeing and walking around. We do NOT like lying around on a beach or shopping. Right now the top contenders are:
a) Scandinavia - but worried it may be cold/rainy and there's not enough to do for 3 weeks?
b) Greece/Turkey/maybe south of Italy - but worried it may be too hot. My husband is also worried that he can only take so many ruins before they all start to blend together (I can't imagine getting tired of ruins myself, but I understand his point).
Would love to hear your thoughts on the above destinations or any other (non-US) suggestions! We started off considering non-Europe trips, but discovered that for China, Australia, Southeast Asia, and much of South America, the weather isn't good to travel. We don't want to go somewhere where we'll be miserably hot or cold!
We've already traveled throughout Spain pretty extensively, have also been to the big European capitals (Paris, Rome, Berlin). Also did an Ireland roadtrip, 2 weeks in Austria/Czech Republic, and 2 weeks in Russia. This is why we are between options A & B above.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 2 Where do I pass through immigration in the UK
- 3 European Championship
- 4 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 5 Departure Tax in UK
- 6 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 7 Parking in Italy
- 8 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 9 FAQs
- 10 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 11 Costal Spain Vacation Rental House Advice
- 12 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 13 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 14 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 15 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 16 1 week in Malaga
- 17 http://www.toptryloburn.com/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 18 Inside of that plastic area you’ll see lights
- 19 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?
- 20 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 21 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 22 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 23 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 24 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 25 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt