Our family (my husband and I, two girls 10 and 12) have flights planned to Europe in August 2011. We arrive in London and fly out of Zurich 18 days later. Luckily, we are stopping off in New York for 5 days to help with jet lag.
My question is this: We know we want to spend 6 days in England and 5 or 6 days in Paris (with several day trips to countryside). Any suggestions for the final 6 days?
It is tempting to want to go on a multi country binge (living in Hawaii is great but one doesn't get to go to Europe very often!), but all the posts I read warn against this. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. We are all very active and fairly used to a hectic schedule. Mahalo!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 2 Stuck in Paris
- 3 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 4 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 5 Greece
- 6 Ex-pats with young kids
- 7 Iceland france spain
- 8 Ludwig Castles
- 9 Renting a car in Greece
- 10 Help on ancient history route
- 11 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 12 London with Teens Trip Report
- 13 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 14 Paris hotel
- 15 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 16 Spanish food - not that special?
- 17 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 18 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 19 Maximizing Norway time
- 20 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 21 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 22 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 southeast sicily town as home base
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria