Just after some advice in regards to our planned itinerary to have 3 weeks in Europe. The dates are fixed with arriving into Brussels on the 16/09 & being in Venice on the 05/10 - we have to be back home in Australia on the 09/10 at the latest.
I think what I'm after is advice on if the route is do-able? and are there any offbeat places to see & things to do that may not be listed on the top things to do in each place.
We are easy going travellers, there are just a few things in each city that we want to see at the moment, but will be very happy if we just wander, enjoy the city & eat all day.
Amazing food recommendations are very welcome as well
Sep 16: Fly in to Brussels 7am - spend the day recovering from a massive flight from Australia
Sep 17-19: Brussels
Sep 20: Fly to Prague
Sep 21-22: Prague
Sep 23: Train to Salzburg, spend the afternoon exploring the city around us
Sep 24-25: Salzburg, must do the SOM tour (other half will hate that, but who cares, he can have the breweries over the next few days)
Sep 26: Train to Munich or a smaller town in the area (we are thinking we may want to avoid staying in Munich as it's Oktoberfest, due to the cost of accomodation)
Sep 27: Munich or something else around the area
Sep 28: Train to Bamberg
Sep 29: Train to Tegernsee
Sep 30: Tegernsee
Oct 1: Hire a car, drive to Mittenwald
Oct 2: Start driving to Venice (over 2 days) - any suggestions on a route to Venice or places to stay?
Oct 3:Continue driving to Venice
Oct 4: Drive to Venice, drop off car
Oct 5-6: Venice (these dates are fixed & cannot be changed)
Oct 7: Fly back home to Australia from Venice
(sorry if I've missed anything, first time poster on a travel forum)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 free international phone calls
- 2 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 3 Transfer from Naples Airport to Positano
- 4 France Study Abroad
- 5 Lisbon
- 6 Airport Transportation
- 7 London is it worth it?
- 8 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 9 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 10 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 11 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 12 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 15 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 18 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 19 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 20 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 21 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 22 London 6 day itinerary
- 23 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 24 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 25 International drivers permit
3 weeks in Europe (Brussels, Prague, Salzburg, Munich, Venice)