Just after some advice in regards to our planned itinerary to have 3 weeks in Europe. The dates are fixed with arriving into Brussels on the 16/09 & being in Venice on the 05/10 - we have to be back home in Australia on the 09/10 at the latest.
I think what I'm after is advice on if the route is do-able? and are there any offbeat places to see & things to do that may not be listed on the top things to do in each place.
We are easy going travellers, there are just a few things in each city that we want to see at the moment, but will be very happy if we just wander, enjoy the city & eat all day.
Amazing food recommendations are very welcome as well
Sep 16: Fly in to Brussels 7am - spend the day recovering from a massive flight from Australia
Sep 17-19: Brussels
Sep 20: Fly to Prague
Sep 21-22: Prague
Sep 23: Train to Salzburg, spend the afternoon exploring the city around us
Sep 24-25: Salzburg, must do the SOM tour (other half will hate that, but who cares, he can have the breweries over the next few days)
Sep 26: Train to Munich or a smaller town in the area (we are thinking we may want to avoid staying in Munich as it's Oktoberfest, due to the cost of accomodation)
Sep 27: Munich or something else around the area
Sep 28: Train to Bamberg
Sep 29: Train to Tegernsee
Sep 30: Tegernsee
Oct 1: Hire a car, drive to Mittenwald
Oct 2: Start driving to Venice (over 2 days) - any suggestions on a route to Venice or places to stay?
Oct 3:Continue driving to Venice
Oct 4: Drive to Venice, drop off car
Oct 5-6: Venice (these dates are fixed & cannot be changed)
Oct 7: Fly back home to Australia from Venice
(sorry if I've missed anything, first time poster on a travel forum)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Quizz !
- 3 Venice/Mestre
- 4 Pay attention to your watches !
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 12 9 Days in Spain
- 13 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 14 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 15 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 16 Iceland early december visit
- 17 Zurich to Milan trip
- 18 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 19 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 20 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 21 Italy Car Scam
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 24 car insurance italy
- 25 Christmas Day in Granada
3 weeks in Europe (Brussels, Prague, Salzburg, Munich, Venice)