Just after some advice in regards to our planned itinerary to have 3 weeks in Europe. The dates are fixed with arriving into Brussels on the 16/09 & being in Venice on the 05/10 - we have to be back home in Australia on the 09/10 at the latest.
I think what I'm after is advice on if the route is do-able? and are there any offbeat places to see & things to do that may not be listed on the top things to do in each place.
We are easy going travellers, there are just a few things in each city that we want to see at the moment, but will be very happy if we just wander, enjoy the city & eat all day.
Amazing food recommendations are very welcome as well
Sep 16: Fly in to Brussels 7am - spend the day recovering from a massive flight from Australia
Sep 17-19: Brussels
Sep 20: Fly to Prague
Sep 21-22: Prague
Sep 23: Train to Salzburg, spend the afternoon exploring the city around us
Sep 24-25: Salzburg, must do the SOM tour (other half will hate that, but who cares, he can have the breweries over the next few days)
Sep 26: Train to Munich or a smaller town in the area (we are thinking we may want to avoid staying in Munich as it's Oktoberfest, due to the cost of accomodation)
Sep 27: Munich or something else around the area
Sep 28: Train to Bamberg
Sep 29: Train to Tegernsee
Sep 30: Tegernsee
Oct 1: Hire a car, drive to Mittenwald
Oct 2: Start driving to Venice (over 2 days) - any suggestions on a route to Venice or places to stay?
Oct 3:Continue driving to Venice
Oct 4: Drive to Venice, drop off car
Oct 5-6: Venice (these dates are fixed & cannot be changed)
Oct 7: Fly back home to Australia from Venice
(sorry if I've missed anything, first time poster on a travel forum)
3 weeks in Europe (Brussels, Prague, Salzburg, Munich, Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 2 Good times in Munich, the city
- 3 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 4 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 7 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 8 Lake Como transportation questions
- 9 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 10 history museums or locations
- 11 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 12 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 13 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 By train to and out of Prague
- 16 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 17 Cylades Island Hopping
- 18 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 19 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 20 Italy dolomites
- 21 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 22 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 23 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 All Set To Go!!