Just after some advice in regards to our planned itinerary to have 3 weeks in Europe. The dates are fixed with arriving into Brussels on the 16/09 & being in Venice on the 05/10 - we have to be back home in Australia on the 09/10 at the latest.
I think what I'm after is advice on if the route is do-able? and are there any offbeat places to see & things to do that may not be listed on the top things to do in each place.
We are easy going travellers, there are just a few things in each city that we want to see at the moment, but will be very happy if we just wander, enjoy the city & eat all day.
Amazing food recommendations are very welcome as well
Sep 16: Fly in to Brussels 7am - spend the day recovering from a massive flight from Australia
Sep 17-19: Brussels
Sep 20: Fly to Prague
Sep 21-22: Prague
Sep 23: Train to Salzburg, spend the afternoon exploring the city around us
Sep 24-25: Salzburg, must do the SOM tour (other half will hate that, but who cares, he can have the breweries over the next few days)
Sep 26: Train to Munich or a smaller town in the area (we are thinking we may want to avoid staying in Munich as it's Oktoberfest, due to the cost of accomodation)
Sep 27: Munich or something else around the area
Sep 28: Train to Bamberg
Sep 29: Train to Tegernsee
Sep 30: Tegernsee
Oct 1: Hire a car, drive to Mittenwald
Oct 2: Start driving to Venice (over 2 days) - any suggestions on a route to Venice or places to stay?
Oct 3:Continue driving to Venice
Oct 4: Drive to Venice, drop off car
Oct 5-6: Venice (these dates are fixed & cannot be changed)
Oct 7: Fly back home to Australia from Venice
(sorry if I've missed anything, first time poster on a travel forum)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heading to Amsterdam soon. Do you recommend I try weed?
- 2 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 3 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 4 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 5 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 6 Italy travel plan help
- 7 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 8 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 9 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 10 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 11 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 12 Shorts in South of France?
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 15 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 16 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 17 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 18 Poland to Austria In December
- 19 Alsace to Austria?
- 20 Wales
- 21 Paris in early august
- 22 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 23 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 24 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 25 Tracking the Weather
3 weeks in Europe (Brussels, Prague, Salzburg, Munich, Venice)