Just after some advice in regards to our planned itinerary to have 3 weeks in Europe. The dates are fixed with arriving into Brussels on the 16/09 & being in Venice on the 05/10 - we have to be back home in Australia on the 09/10 at the latest.
I think what I'm after is advice on if the route is do-able? and are there any offbeat places to see & things to do that may not be listed on the top things to do in each place.
We are easy going travellers, there are just a few things in each city that we want to see at the moment, but will be very happy if we just wander, enjoy the city & eat all day.
Amazing food recommendations are very welcome as well
Sep 16: Fly in to Brussels 7am - spend the day recovering from a massive flight from Australia
Sep 17-19: Brussels
Sep 20: Fly to Prague
Sep 21-22: Prague
Sep 23: Train to Salzburg, spend the afternoon exploring the city around us
Sep 24-25: Salzburg, must do the SOM tour (other half will hate that, but who cares, he can have the breweries over the next few days)
Sep 26: Train to Munich or a smaller town in the area (we are thinking we may want to avoid staying in Munich as it's Oktoberfest, due to the cost of accomodation)
Sep 27: Munich or something else around the area
Sep 28: Train to Bamberg
Sep 29: Train to Tegernsee
Sep 30: Tegernsee
Oct 1: Hire a car, drive to Mittenwald
Oct 2: Start driving to Venice (over 2 days) - any suggestions on a route to Venice or places to stay?
Oct 3:Continue driving to Venice
Oct 4: Drive to Venice, drop off car
Oct 5-6: Venice (these dates are fixed & cannot be changed)
Oct 7: Fly back home to Australia from Venice
(sorry if I've missed anything, first time poster on a travel forum)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 인터넷카지노☭（╱」 GTY23。ZE。AM 「╱）☭슈퍼카지노
- 2 라이브카지노☭（╱」 GTY23。ZE。AM 「╱）☭슈퍼카지노
- 3 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 4 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 7 Ireland in April
- 8 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 9 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 10 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 11 Driving in Italy?
- 12 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 Planning a European Trip
- 15 Scotland Trip
- 16 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 17 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 18 So much to do, so little time!
- 19 Tour of Northern Italy
- 20 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 21 Germany in December Trip Report
- 22 Lisbon trip report
- 23 Naples, Italy
- 24 San Sebastian
- 25 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
3 weeks in Europe (Brussels, Prague, Salzburg, Munich, Venice)