Me and my wife are planning a trip to Europe for next April. We're a young couple from Argentina (27 years old) and we're quite lost at the moment, so we'd really appreciate some of your advise.
To start I'll tell you that it will be my wife's first time to Europe, while I've been lucky to visit a few times, but I wouldn't mind repeating some places... We've been thinking about choosing a specific region or two and spend most of the time there, since we don't want to do the usual "Capital cities of Europe"; we're more of the kind that prefer driving trough countrysides, beaches, small towns, appreciating great food and drinks.
I know that Europe is huge and there are many great options, that's why we first wan't to narrow the search down to a region before planning the specific itinerary.
Since I like driving (as I said before) and we like quiet places better than loud cities, we were thinking of renting a car and explore a region stopping at different places every 2 or 3 nights. Of course, adding one or two cities such as Barcelona, Paris, Rome or London would't bother at all (on the contrary) since those are my favorite cities in Europe...
Some of the regions we've been reading about and we find interesting are:
1) Tuscany: Flying into Rome, visit Rome (3 or 4 days), rent car, drive through Tuscany (1 week) to Florence.
2) Munich, Prague, Vienna, Switzerland.
3) Paris, Belgium, Netherlands, London
4) Euskadi: San Sebastian, Santander, Bilbao, Oviedo, (Bordeaux¿?)
5) Portugal: Form Lisbon to Porto (south to north).
We could possible fly from Argentina to Rome, Barcelona or Madrid, since those are the usual destinations from here (the best rates also). We could spend the 3 weeks just in one region, or combine 2 of them, o one region and one or two extra cities...
I know it might look "lazy" from us, but we're not looking for you guys to plan our trip for us; it's just that we're quite lost and can't decide what to do... We would really appreciate your opinion on those regions (which ones would you think suit as best...) or others you might recomend, so that we can plan the itinerary later on.
Thanks on advance,
3 weeks in Europe - April 2013. Need help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Photographer in Paris?
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 First visit to France in November
- 5 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 6 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 7 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 8 Hey Fodor's
- 9 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 10 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 11 Advice please...
- 12 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 13 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 14 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 15 Which hotel in London?
- 16 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 17 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 18 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 19 19 countries in a day
- 20 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 21 Venice; recommendations
- 22 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 23 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 24 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal