Me and my wife are planning a trip to Europe for next April. We're a young couple from Argentina (27 years old) and we're quite lost at the moment, so we'd really appreciate some of your advise.
To start I'll tell you that it will be my wife's first time to Europe, while I've been lucky to visit a few times, but I wouldn't mind repeating some places... We've been thinking about choosing a specific region or two and spend most of the time there, since we don't want to do the usual "Capital cities of Europe"; we're more of the kind that prefer driving trough countrysides, beaches, small towns, appreciating great food and drinks.
I know that Europe is huge and there are many great options, that's why we first wan't to narrow the search down to a region before planning the specific itinerary.
Since I like driving (as I said before) and we like quiet places better than loud cities, we were thinking of renting a car and explore a region stopping at different places every 2 or 3 nights. Of course, adding one or two cities such as Barcelona, Paris, Rome or London would't bother at all (on the contrary) since those are my favorite cities in Europe...
Some of the regions we've been reading about and we find interesting are:
1) Tuscany: Flying into Rome, visit Rome (3 or 4 days), rent car, drive through Tuscany (1 week) to Florence.
2) Munich, Prague, Vienna, Switzerland.
3) Paris, Belgium, Netherlands, London
4) Euskadi: San Sebastian, Santander, Bilbao, Oviedo, (Bordeaux¿?)
5) Portugal: Form Lisbon to Porto (south to north).
We could possible fly from Argentina to Rome, Barcelona or Madrid, since those are the usual destinations from here (the best rates also). We could spend the 3 weeks just in one region, or combine 2 of them, o one region and one or two extra cities...
I know it might look "lazy" from us, but we're not looking for you guys to plan our trip for us; it's just that we're quite lost and can't decide what to do... We would really appreciate your opinion on those regions (which ones would you think suit as best...) or others you might recomend, so that we can plan the itinerary later on.
Thanks on advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 2 Andalucia Spain
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Amsterdam and...?
- 5 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 6 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 7 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 8 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 9 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 13 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 18 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 19 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 20 Paris to Bordeaux
- 21 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 22 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 23 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 24 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!