Me and my wife are planning a trip to Europe for next April. We're a young couple from Argentina (27 years old) and we're quite lost at the moment, so we'd really appreciate some of your advise.
To start I'll tell you that it will be my wife's first time to Europe, while I've been lucky to visit a few times, but I wouldn't mind repeating some places... We've been thinking about choosing a specific region or two and spend most of the time there, since we don't want to do the usual "Capital cities of Europe"; we're more of the kind that prefer driving trough countrysides, beaches, small towns, appreciating great food and drinks.
I know that Europe is huge and there are many great options, that's why we first wan't to narrow the search down to a region before planning the specific itinerary.
Since I like driving (as I said before) and we like quiet places better than loud cities, we were thinking of renting a car and explore a region stopping at different places every 2 or 3 nights. Of course, adding one or two cities such as Barcelona, Paris, Rome or London would't bother at all (on the contrary) since those are my favorite cities in Europe...
Some of the regions we've been reading about and we find interesting are:
1) Tuscany: Flying into Rome, visit Rome (3 or 4 days), rent car, drive through Tuscany (1 week) to Florence.
2) Munich, Prague, Vienna, Switzerland.
3) Paris, Belgium, Netherlands, London
4) Euskadi: San Sebastian, Santander, Bilbao, Oviedo, (Bordeaux¿?)
5) Portugal: Form Lisbon to Porto (south to north).
We could possible fly from Argentina to Rome, Barcelona or Madrid, since those are the usual destinations from here (the best rates also). We could spend the 3 weeks just in one region, or combine 2 of them, o one region and one or two extra cities...
I know it might look "lazy" from us, but we're not looking for you guys to plan our trip for us; it's just that we're quite lost and can't decide what to do... We would really appreciate your opinion on those regions (which ones would you think suit as best...) or others you might recomend, so that we can plan the itinerary later on.
Thanks on advance,
3 weeks in Europe - April 2013. Need help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 2 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 3 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 4 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 5 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 6 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 7 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 8 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 9 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 10 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 11 Mycenae Documentary
- 12 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 13 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 14 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 15 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 16 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 17 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 18 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 19 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 20 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 21 Mont St Michel
- 22 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 23 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs