Me and my wife are planning a trip to Europe for next April. We're a young couple from Argentina (27 years old) and we're quite lost at the moment, so we'd really appreciate some of your advise.
To start I'll tell you that it will be my wife's first time to Europe, while I've been lucky to visit a few times, but I wouldn't mind repeating some places... We've been thinking about choosing a specific region or two and spend most of the time there, since we don't want to do the usual "Capital cities of Europe"; we're more of the kind that prefer driving trough countrysides, beaches, small towns, appreciating great food and drinks.
I know that Europe is huge and there are many great options, that's why we first wan't to narrow the search down to a region before planning the specific itinerary.
Since I like driving (as I said before) and we like quiet places better than loud cities, we were thinking of renting a car and explore a region stopping at different places every 2 or 3 nights. Of course, adding one or two cities such as Barcelona, Paris, Rome or London would't bother at all (on the contrary) since those are my favorite cities in Europe...
Some of the regions we've been reading about and we find interesting are:
1) Tuscany: Flying into Rome, visit Rome (3 or 4 days), rent car, drive through Tuscany (1 week) to Florence.
2) Munich, Prague, Vienna, Switzerland.
3) Paris, Belgium, Netherlands, London
4) Euskadi: San Sebastian, Santander, Bilbao, Oviedo, (Bordeaux¿?)
5) Portugal: Form Lisbon to Porto (south to north).
We could possible fly from Argentina to Rome, Barcelona or Madrid, since those are the usual destinations from here (the best rates also). We could spend the 3 weeks just in one region, or combine 2 of them, o one region and one or two extra cities...
I know it might look "lazy" from us, but we're not looking for you guys to plan our trip for us; it's just that we're quite lost and can't decide what to do... We would really appreciate your opinion on those regions (which ones would you think suit as best...) or others you might recomend, so that we can plan the itinerary later on.
Thanks on advance,
3 weeks in Europe - April 2013. Need help
- 1 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 2 Has anyone attended the Landshut Wedding of 1475 celebration?
- 3 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 4 ATMs in Prague, Vienna for Bank of America?
- 5 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 6 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 7 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 8 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 9 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 10 Best area for wine and which one?
- 11 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 12 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 13 Apartment in Seville
- 14 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 15 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 16 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 17 January 29 - March 27, 2014
- 18 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 19 Ovington Square Flat
- 20 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 21 Istanbul Logistics Help
- 22 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 23 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 24 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 25 jungfraujoch mid june