Me and my wife are planning a trip to Europe for next April. We're a young couple from Argentina (27 years old) and we're quite lost at the moment, so we'd really appreciate some of your advise.
To start I'll tell you that it will be my wife's first time to Europe, while I've been lucky to visit a few times, but I wouldn't mind repeating some places... We've been thinking about choosing a specific region or two and spend most of the time there, since we don't want to do the usual "Capital cities of Europe"; we're more of the kind that prefer driving trough countrysides, beaches, small towns, appreciating great food and drinks.
I know that Europe is huge and there are many great options, that's why we first wan't to narrow the search down to a region before planning the specific itinerary.
Since I like driving (as I said before) and we like quiet places better than loud cities, we were thinking of renting a car and explore a region stopping at different places every 2 or 3 nights. Of course, adding one or two cities such as Barcelona, Paris, Rome or London would't bother at all (on the contrary) since those are my favorite cities in Europe...
Some of the regions we've been reading about and we find interesting are:
1) Tuscany: Flying into Rome, visit Rome (3 or 4 days), rent car, drive through Tuscany (1 week) to Florence.
2) Munich, Prague, Vienna, Switzerland.
3) Paris, Belgium, Netherlands, London
4) Euskadi: San Sebastian, Santander, Bilbao, Oviedo, (Bordeaux¿?)
5) Portugal: Form Lisbon to Porto (south to north).
We could possible fly from Argentina to Rome, Barcelona or Madrid, since those are the usual destinations from here (the best rates also). We could spend the 3 weeks just in one region, or combine 2 of them, o one region and one or two extra cities...
I know it might look "lazy" from us, but we're not looking for you guys to plan our trip for us; it's just that we're quite lost and can't decide what to do... We would really appreciate your opinion on those regions (which ones would you think suit as best...) or others you might recomend, so that we can plan the itinerary later on.
Thanks on advance,
3 weeks in Europe - April 2013. Need help
- 1 Amalfi Coast and Transportation Help Needed
- 2 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 3 Nice
- 4 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 5 Cuenca or Toledo
- 6 Last monte Paris apartment
- 7 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 8 Wimpy's
- 9 HELP stuck in Italy
- 10 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 11 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 12 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 13 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 14 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 15 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 16 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 17 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 18 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 19 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 20 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 21 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 22 I Need To Vent!
- 23 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 24 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 25 Train tickets