Me and my wife are planning a trip to Europe for next April. We're a young couple from Argentina (27 years old) and we're quite lost at the moment, so we'd really appreciate some of your advise.
To start I'll tell you that it will be my wife's first time to Europe, while I've been lucky to visit a few times, but I wouldn't mind repeating some places... We've been thinking about choosing a specific region or two and spend most of the time there, since we don't want to do the usual "Capital cities of Europe"; we're more of the kind that prefer driving trough countrysides, beaches, small towns, appreciating great food and drinks.
I know that Europe is huge and there are many great options, that's why we first wan't to narrow the search down to a region before planning the specific itinerary.
Since I like driving (as I said before) and we like quiet places better than loud cities, we were thinking of renting a car and explore a region stopping at different places every 2 or 3 nights. Of course, adding one or two cities such as Barcelona, Paris, Rome or London would't bother at all (on the contrary) since those are my favorite cities in Europe...
Some of the regions we've been reading about and we find interesting are:
1) Tuscany: Flying into Rome, visit Rome (3 or 4 days), rent car, drive through Tuscany (1 week) to Florence.
2) Munich, Prague, Vienna, Switzerland.
3) Paris, Belgium, Netherlands, London
4) Euskadi: San Sebastian, Santander, Bilbao, Oviedo, (Bordeaux¿?)
5) Portugal: Form Lisbon to Porto (south to north).
We could possible fly from Argentina to Rome, Barcelona or Madrid, since those are the usual destinations from here (the best rates also). We could spend the 3 weeks just in one region, or combine 2 of them, o one region and one or two extra cities...
I know it might look "lazy" from us, but we're not looking for you guys to plan our trip for us; it's just that we're quite lost and can't decide what to do... We would really appreciate your opinion on those regions (which ones would you think suit as best...) or others you might recomend, so that we can plan the itinerary later on.
Thanks on advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 https://healthyboosterspro.com/hl12-supplement
- 3 Another tipping question: concierges
- 4 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 5 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 6 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 7 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 8 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 9 Escargots in Paris
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 12 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 13 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 16 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 17 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 18 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 19 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Vacation in Great Britain
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years