Dear fellow Fodors...
Family of 5 (2 adults and 3 young people - 16, 13 & 11) flying into Zagreb 22nd July and out of Split 11th August.
We have a skippered yatch booked out of Trogir between 30th July and 6th August (unanimously recommended by 3 travelling friends) for a family celebration (birthday and wedding anniversary) otherwise our time is fairly flexible...and the budget is quite tight!
My thoughts so far are:
22 Arrive Zagreb (lunchtime) - stay 2 nights - thoughts on what to do/where to go & if we need a car or can bus or train...I read somewhere about a thermal spa...also, which museum for a teenager size bit of culture?
24 Depart Zagreb for Plitvice Lakes - bus or car? Any suggestions on where to stay at the Lakes? I heard that a full day at the lakes was the best idea walking lower to higher lakes and possibly including a boat trip?
25 Depart Plitvice Lakes (pm) for stay in Zadar (possibly 2 nights?)
27 Day and overnight stay in Kakr national park?
28 Trip to Trogir (meet family arriving at Split airport and stay in Trogir night of 28th and 29th)
30 embark yatch for week of island sailing (itinerary suggestions welcome - we will have the option to plan our own route (with skippers guidance) so please shout if you know of any must see spots
06 Aug leave yatch early Saturday morning...plan to head to Split by ferry from Slatine (Čiovo) (does this seem sensible?) stay near ferry catamaran terminal in Split.
07 Aug catamaran from Split to Dubrovnik
07 Aug stay Dubrovnik 2 nights - city wall walk, cable car ride and sunset kayak trips are all being considered - do you have any other suggestions?
09 Aug Ferry or bus from Dubrovnik back towards Split (any preference? should we be worried about excessively busy roads in August?)
09/10 Aug where should be stay for final couple of nights - it'd be nice to be in a villa/apartment with a pool - need to get to the airport for 15:55 flight out of Split (Trogir) on the 11th August.
Have I overlooked any hidden gems or does any of the itinerary look a little weird?
Really appreciate any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 2 로하이양방 ▶ 도메인 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 Spider - Man: Homecoming Pelicula Completa Español Latino HD
- 4 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 5 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 6 3 days outside Venice
- 7 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 8 Night Bus?
- 9 Avignon, best place to drop off a rental car?
- 10 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 11 Spider-Man HomeComing Full Movie Svenska Sub HD
- 12 Moldova and Transnistria
- 13 Reaching the Lake District
- 14 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 15 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 16 Jewish Vienna
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Andalucia Spain
- 19 seat reservations
- 20 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 21 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 22 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 23 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 24 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 25 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
Dear fellow Fodors...